I live by using google sync. Worked on my Tour. Just got the Storm 2, downloaded it and when it goes to sync, says complete within 1 second. Like it never tried to sync. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix?

Thanks
    10-29-09 09:38 PM
    mine works just fine.

Try logging in and out of it again.
    10-29-09 10:15 PM
    yeah I tried that.. uninstalled/reinstalled and it does the same thing
    10-29-09 10:17 PM
    Mine's working just fine...i started out just syncing the calendar then moved to the contacts. I got a connection error on one of my sync attempts, but re-synced immediately just fine. Wife's is working great as well. Let us know if you figure it out.
    10-29-09 10:31 PM
    ok got google sync installed on S2....im able to put in my email address but for some reason im unable to to click on the password field to enter my password...i tried everythig and cant do it..any solutions?
    10-30-09 03:41 PM
    Turn off Compatibility Mode. Go into Options, Applications, 3rd party apps, and highlight Google Sync. Then from the menu key choose Disable Compatibility Mode. This happened on both of my Storm2's, but as soon as you change the setting you'll be back in business.
    10-30-09 03:55 PM
    ok got google sync installed on S2....im able to put in my email address but for some reason im unable to to click on the password field to enter my password...i tried everythig and cant do it..any solutions?
    Seems to be problem with all google apps. Just go to Options>Applications>hi-light G Sync, hit the BB menu key and Disable Compatibility. After doing this for G Voice, G Maps, and G Sync, I had to do a battery pull for everything to work. Now they are all making my Storm 2 experience that much better! Hope this works for you.
    10-30-09 03:55 PM
    I'm not familiar with GS for the Storm. Any chance it would update calendar entries on the phone automatically? My Touch does that (syncs within 7 seconds every time, from or to the google calendar) and I'm looking for a phone that has an easy-to-use calendar app that auto-syncs within seconds of making/deleting an entry in it's calendar app. I don't want to routinely use the web-based version of google calendar because it's a bit unwieldy on a small screen.
    10-30-09 04:06 PM
    dude you guys are awesome..thanks coastrider and gendur
    10-30-09 06:32 PM
    I am having the same issue, after doing the steps above the device is showing that it is syncing now and how many events it has added/updated. however, when I look at the Calendar on the computer, the events that I added on my blackberry don't show up. I didn't have this problem with my curve.
    10-30-09 10:58 PM
    I did everything suggested. It continues to say "Last Calender Sync Failed." Last Successful Sync will state the sync I just did and data usage about 44KB. Nothing in the suggested posts will take the "Last Calender Sync Failed" in red message away. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

EDIT: Nm. Make sure you even have a Google Calender account that you've logged into first. I didn't.
    Last edited by AlX Boi; 11-02-09 at 03:34 AM.
    11-02-09 03:09 AM
    dude you guys are awesome..thanks coastrider and gendur
    +1

Most excellent advice. I was getting frustrated with both GS and GV and now have them both working as before on my Bold.

Thanks!
    11-02-09 11:41 AM
    It always tells me it fails, but updates my calendar and contacts anyways.
    11-02-09 11:49 AM
    Same here. Tell me it failed but seems to always sync
    03-31-10 05:58 PM
    Same here. Tell me it failed but seems to always sync
    did u notice the age of this thread?? LOL!
    03-31-10 07:31 PM
    I have done everything above.
    Mine was syncing great until Sunday and I got a "BB" message saying "contact have stopped being synchronized between "email" and your "BB". I did there changes from the email and noticed that my Calendar is also not syncing.

I get the red wording that the sync has failed, but for me it has

I have everything set to sync, can find any other switch to set

update, if I go to "Calendar Properties" and click on my gmail address, the "wireless Synchronization" is set to NO, with no option to change it.
    Last edited by coops2k; 04-05-10 at 11:04 AM.
    04-05-10 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD