Okay, let me start off by saying that I am new to the blackberry world. I have had my phone for 3 days now. I really don't see how I have lived without it..

So, I know how to get me PIN #. Its an alpha-numeric number. Okay, when I go into my address book and am going to enter the pin number, in the pin field, it only lets me enter numbers??? But My pin and my friends PIN is alpha-numeric. The PIN field seems to be number locked. I don't know what to do. I have a Curve 8330 .175v.. please help

BTW, THIS SITE RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB CB..
    10-29-09 02:56 PM
    have you tried the copy and paste feature?
    10-29-09 03:03 PM
    No I have not. let me try my own pin and see if that works.
    10-29-09 03:09 PM
    Nope, I can't copy my own PIN..
    10-29-09 03:17 PM
    Just type mypin and your pin number will be inserted in any text field. But if the field in the address book doesn't accept alpha character's, you might need to use copy/paste as mentioned above.
    10-29-09 03:19 PM
    I get so excited when I learn a new bb shortcut! What other 'my's' can I use other than 'my pin' and 'my ver'?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 03:24 PM
    I get so excited when I learn a new bb shortcut! What other 'my's' can I use other than 'my pin' and 'my ver'?

mynumber will insert your phone number.

You can create a myanything by going to Options, AutoText and creating things like myaddress, etc.
    10-29-09 04:10 PM
    and 'myass' will insert an ASCII rendering of your ***, thusly:

(_|_)
    10-31-09 12:20 AM
    Lol. Good one.

10-31-09 02:08 AM
    The field is not really locked to numbers only. It's simply that the device will lock the NUM key automatically. If you press down on ALT and type the letter, you will be able to enter your PIN properly.
    10-31-09 07:02 AM
    similarly, if you need to type a letter, and its the same as a number key, hold down the key for a second and you will see that the letter appears.
    10-31-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD