Am I the only one that hates the new SMS Reader in the 5.0 OS???

With the Keyboard being displayed, and the return message line, I can hardly tell what the actual message says.

Unfortunately, the Empower SMS application does not yet work with OS 5.0. However, they have told me they are working on a fix.
    10-29-09 01:29 PM
    I love the look of it , its clean , organized and functions well... maybe you can screen shot your issue because i dont understand what your talking about.
    10-29-09 01:31 PM
    I was thinking the same thing, not so much that you can barely see the message, but it just looks so plain lol, I guess the addition of threaded SMS is an improvement but it does need work
    10-29-09 01:32 PM
    It is a little ugly, but it functions great.
    10-29-09 01:34 PM
    They need to get rid of the callback number line. It's wasting space for the actual message view.
    10-29-09 01:35 PM
    dmevis - you are not the only one that feels this way. I don't like the way it limits what you can see in the thread. I do like the smileys though.
    10-29-09 01:35 PM
    They need to get rid of the callback number line. It's wasting space for the actual message view.
    i do agree with this , the call back line is a waste of space, and makes it look messy
    10-29-09 01:36 PM
    I don't like it either. Would turn if off if I could. Also, can't see vmx envelope info any more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 01:37 PM
    Yeah - let's dump the call back numbe line. That would be an improvement for sure.
    10-29-09 01:38 PM
    I'd like to see a little more screen too. What's the point of threaded SMS if you can't see more than one or two entries at a glance?
    10-29-09 01:46 PM
    i dont like the fact that the return key.. enters your text.. with now way to turn that off... i use alot of periods sometimes.. with the enter key so close to the period.. i have sent alot of texts already when i only wanted to place an extra period in there.... I want the old veiw back.. liked swipping the keyboard away and hitting send... This build is getting wacker as the days pass..
    10-29-09 02:02 PM
    Yeah, this may be a deal breaker for me, too. I'm trying to understand the logic of having a message come in, and when you try to see it, all you see is the keyboard. If mine actually swiped decently (have tried every swipe sensitivity setting and finger pressure), I guess I could learn to live with it. But, why should we have to mess with getting the keyboard out of the way to read our flipping message? There are many times where a response isn't even needed, so I don't need the keyboard at all. That and the dimming up and down all the time (and I know where the sensor is, and I have auto dim set to off) is making the phone harder to use for my needs. That's not to say that there aren't many nice things about the new OS, but for me, these two things are not at all helpful.
    10-29-09 02:03 PM
    To get rid of the keyboard quickly, just touch the keyboard and swipe down. Makes it faster than show or hide keyboard, and you can read all the threads!
    10-29-09 02:04 PM
    I agree with getting rid of the callback number line, although I have a pretty small font (6) so I can see what I need to in landscape, and if I can't I just get rid of the keyboard for a few seconds.
    10-29-09 02:05 PM
    you guys are all picky little babies, if youre gonna be soo nit picky over every little detail just go make your own phone and quit complaining all the time
    10-29-09 02:09 PM
    you guys are all picky little babies, if youre gonna be soo nit picky over every little detail just go make your own phone and quit complaining all the time
    Ok CPUGEEK ALT SCREEN NAME #5
    10-29-09 02:11 PM
    is it different between .320 on the storm and .230 on the tour? I don't see the problem.
    10-29-09 02:20 PM
    is it different between .320 on the storm and .230 on the tour? I don't see the problem.
    They arn't talking about the tour. look at what forum you're in, 'Storm2.'

To the OP, i don't see how they could fix the problem without makeing the keyboard smaller. i do understand the issue, but its nothing we can't live with. After all, typing is GREAT on this device!!
    10-29-09 02:33 PM
    This cant be only your third post can it be?
    10-29-09 02:33 PM
    Since the Storm has a virtual keyboard, it does take room on the app. That means one is not able to read the message as on the Tour.

Arjunp, it is a good thing that people "complain" about stuff like this because it adds to the experience. No one is dying as a result of not seeing the message but if future builds "fix" this issue, mad props.

A similar thing happens with BBM, one can only see a line compared with on the Tour. The keyboard takes screen real estate on the Storm so im hopping RIM addresses the situation.
    10-29-09 02:34 PM
    Are you serious... sorry that you think we are picky little babys... But when you spend alot of money on a phone.. and it has never... never worked like they have told us it will.. yeah we will complain... we live in america.. it is our right to complain.. sorry that we feel that these issues should be taken care of before a phone hits the market.. Just my thoughts... the Dimming issue is a huge problem.. not to mention countless other bugs that have popped up with this build... Yeah we will complain all we want until they fix the phone and get it running the way that is was ment to...
    10-29-09 02:38 PM
    What's a good solution though? Complaints about an interface are meaningless without providing some alternative.

Before threaded SMS, the space was just as limited but the "pseudo-threading" sucked. Now it's threaded, and while the callback number eats up space unnecessarily, it's an improvement.

Maybe it would be useful if the keyboard's automatic display on SMS could be turned on or off, such that it only activates when you click in the text field. Any other suggestions?
    10-29-09 04:04 PM
    Here's an interesting little factoid a VZ rep gave me on the phone while I was trying to take care of a Visual Voicemail Issue (a reinstall fixed it fine)

That Callback number feature needs to be turned off by the sender of the message. Apparently it is automatically sent with their phone to yours. I noticed some of the texts I received didn't have it.
    10-29-09 04:09 PM
    Ok CPUGEEK ALT SCREEN NAME #5
    LOL! You "outed" him in no time!
    10-29-09 04:11 PM
    I love the new threaded sms. I hated having to press menu then send.
    10-29-09 05:33 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD