I am running Viigo (my favorite app) on .328 and now I no longer have images in the RSS feeds. I have only seen one or two other posters mention this problem. Is it working for everyone else?

I have everything set correctly, have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, and rebooted all without success. I have emailed Viigo, but have not received a reply. Are there really only a few of us experiencing this problem? Is there a solution?

P.S. For what it is worth I upgraded Sunday night via Desktop Manager
    10-29-09 01:04 PM
    Hi

I am right with you. I absolutely love Viigo- it is my favorite App as well. I contacted Viigo today about the missing images, and they told me to make sure images are enabled in the settings, and also in the web browser settings. Other than that- they said that they have heard this complaint often recently, and they are working on a fix.
    10-29-09 08:13 PM
    I wiped and reloaded the OS. I then reloaded Viigo. I can now see the pictures. Very curious, but at least it is fixable. I am guessing it has something to do with carry over or missing files on the load. This may also explain why every Storm owner has different results when running new OS's. They must not load as uniformly as one would expect.
    11-06-09 12:54 PM
    For me, Viigo displays images for a while after every time I install a new version and then at some point is would just stop showing any... I've had this problem for a while. Hopefully, this will be fixed sooner than later!
    11-06-09 04:05 PM
    i'm having this issue as well and it is bothering me!
    11-08-09 11:19 PM
    Me too. It has been bugging me ever since the upgrade. Is this a .328 thing, or is it the current version of viigo?
    11-09-09 01:22 AM
    I have a demo storm 2. My storm 1 and the 2 are both running the same version of viigo 3.1.486. The storm 2 .320 is showing pics and the storm 1 .328 isn't. This is the second storm1 that I've noticed the missing pictures on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 09:33 PM
    I exchanged 15 emails with the Viigo support staff (who tried to be very helpful), but they could not replicate the issue of no images being displayed on a Storm 9530. Many who upgraded to the new 5.0 OS also upgraded to the newest version of Viigo at the same time, and something in that series of maneuvers tweaks Viigo in an unsavory way. I uninstalled Viigo using DM, and reinstalled in using BB App World.

Now it works perfectly!

Easy. I wish I had done it sooner.

TONY
    11-18-09 03:41 PM
    I'm running the stock Tour .40 and am also having same issues. It's not just you updated Storm users.
    11-18-09 03:45 PM
    I exchanged 15 emails with the Viigo support staff (who tried to be very helpful), but they could not replicate the issue of no images being displayed on a Storm 9530. Many who upgraded to the new 5.0 OS also upgraded to the newest version of Viigo at the same time, and something in that series of maneuvers tweaks Viigo in an unsavory way. I uninstalled Viigo using DM, and reinstalled in using BB App World.

Now it works perfectly!

Easy. I wish I had done it sooner.

TONY
    Thanks for that. I tried uninstalling just from the applications menu before and that made no difference. But using DM to uninstall seemed to do the trick.
    11-20-09 12:18 AM
    Thanks for that. I tried uninstalling just from the applications menu before and that made no difference. But using DM to uninstall seemed to do the trick.
    Same for me. It'd been bugging me forever but this method works.

Uninstall via DM and reinstall. I'm running 3.1.489 (the crackberry version of course)

Now if they could figure out why the first line of text goes one letter per line when the image loads, I'd be 110% happy.
    02-06-10 02:32 PM
    Didn't work for me. Uninstalled using DM then went to App World and selected Reinstall. Still no inline images. Frustrating!
    03-14-10 01:12 PM
    I installed both of my new versions of the OS and Viigo weeks apart. Upgraded to the new 3.1.507 from App World. Having the same issues as everyone else here is stating
    So unload from DM and reinstalling from App world is doing the trick for most, huh. Will try it
    Thxs all!
    03-14-10 07:13 PM
    I installed both of my new versions of the OS and Viigo weeks apart. Upgraded to the new 3.1.507 from App World. Having the same issues as everyone else here is stating
    So unload from DM and reinstalling from App world is doing the trick for most, huh. Will try it
    Thxs all!
    03-14-10 07:13 PM
    I've been having this problem for months. i dont' think it has anything to do with the upgrade.

I use the news only version. Every once in a while it seems to lose its picture functionality. To me it seems to be related to when I change something. IT happened when I installed smrtguard, it happened when I deleted a different program. It's occured in all kinds of weird ways.

For me, just deleting the app and then reinstalling it gets it back to working properly.

My friend has a curve 8330 and the same thing happens to him. It might be a problem with 5.0 because he used it for a long time and didn't see any problems till some time after he went to OS 5.0

Viigo has no solution. Apparently the symptom has never occured for them.
    03-15-10 10:17 AM
    I too have had this problem on & off. At one point I just accepted it as non-compatible with later OS 5.0 builds. That is, until I upgraded to 5.0.0.586 (By the way, I have a Bold 9700 & use Viigo Lite). After upgrading to this build my images started loading once again & I was very pleased. A couple days ago they stopped showing so I re-downloaded Viigo and nothing. Luckily for me, I decided to look around here & found this thread. The whole uninstalling with DM worked for me! Hopefully, now that Viigo has joined RIM they can finally find a solution.....or at least "duplicate" it (BS!!!)
    04-16-10 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD