I have never had a problem with my storm9530, until i downloaded the new os upgrade dont get me wrong i love it its way fast,,, i have been having 2 problems there maybe be more that i have not noticed yet...

1: emails, i can no longer send from my work email address i can recieve not send i never had this issue with the 4.7 os...yahoo email address works fine
    FYI: This is my personal phone not company phone my company email is on the exchange server maybe thats the issue but it worked before..

2:sometimes when i plug in my phone to charge wether it be on the usb on my computer or wall charger it wont charge says to check connection charging device does not have enough power etc etc.... i rebooted once then it worked but yestreday i white screen came up and it had some small writing on it saing it was going to reboot it self did not have time to read it all....

anyone experiance this issue....
    10-29-09 12:33 PM
    try reinstalling the OS. The charging part. Check your charging port. You might have damaged it. OR it might be dirt. if this is the case take out your battery. get a toothbrush.(not being used of course) and scrub gently.
    10-29-09 12:42 PM
    I don't know anything about emails, but I am also having charging issues and it started as soon as I installed the 5.0 OS so it is related as I did nothing to the phone other than install the OS. I've never dropped it, hit it on anything, nothing what so ever. Using the wall charger I get 2 pop-ups. The first says the power source is not sufficient to charge your device or something and the second tells me about how USB hubs may not provide enough power and stuff. I wish I knew the solution. The charging issue and the screen dimming when in landscape mode are the only 2 complaints I have personally.

I hope someone knows the answer
    10-29-09 02:02 PM
    I am having same problem with charging since upgraded to new OS ...i have reloaded OS 2+ times using bbsak and still having problem....I thought it was phone itself and have replacement on order....Interesting!!!!!
    What i do to get to charge and or syn with computer is plug it in pull battery and when it starts it will charge or sync with computer
    Last edited by tatcape; 10-29-09 at 02:11 PM. Reason: adding info
    10-29-09 02:08 PM
    Mine would not charge after I upgraded to the 323 leaked OS. But after upgrading to the official 328 OS from verizon, its working fine again.
    10-29-09 02:21 PM
    Try backing up then a device wipe and reinstall the OS, as for the Emails try to resend the service books. other than that im not sure. best of luck.
    10-29-09 02:44 PM
    I'm having the same issue. But it started a week before the upgrade came out... Although now it gives me the "this power source isn't good enough" error, it still has the same problems. My phone is at the verizon store right now getting looked at for this issue. The tech replaced the battery a week ago which didn't fix it. I personally think its either the charger of the charger port on the phone. I'll try and update you with their solution.
    10-29-09 03:52 PM
    I'm having the same issue. But it started a week before the upgrade came out... Although now it gives me the "this power source isn't good enough" error, it still has the same problems. My phone is at the verizon store right now getting looked at for this issue. The tech replaced the battery a week ago which didn't fix it. I personally think its either the charger of the charger port on the phone. I'll try and update you with their solution.
    Please let me know how that turns out. It doesn't make sense that the problem is with the phone, but if getting a new one fixes the issue, I'll be heading out to Verizon myself.
    10-29-09 04:30 PM
    I have a Verizon Storm 9530 and just upgraded to the new OS5. I just put it on the same wall charger I used before and got the insufficient charge messages. Never had that before, but I turned the phone off and it charges fine. Tried it a second time and same thing - will not charge while the phone is on, but when you turn the phone off it charges!
    11-28-09 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD