So I have had .230 for the past 2 weeks or so.....everything works great.....except.....

I can't reply to emails sent to my phone. I can compose but I can't send replies. When I type a reply and go to send it there is no "Send" option....the default option is "Save Draft"

So after doing some research on here and trying to do fix it my self I contacted VZW support.

I was on the phone with them for about 30 minutes or so. The guy reset service books, I register (under host routing table), did a batt pull with no resolve. The guy was baffled.

I finally said....would it have anything to do with me having OS 5.0 on my phone. He said ohhhhhh yea....that is what the problem is. He said that it is official yet except for the Storm.

He even asked me if I got it from Crackberry. I said yea. He then told me to never trust anything I download from there....they gets stuff that gets leaked out and always has some bugs with it.

He told me to redownload 4.7 and everything should be solved.

So unless someone can tell me how to fix this problem I am going back to 4.7 until VZW releases 5.0 for the Tour.

Thanks

Scott
    10-29-09 11:36 AM
    I'm on VZW and 5.0.0.230 and have been since right after it leaked with no issues like that. It's a pretty solid leak.

I'd reinstall .230 and see what's up or go back to 4.7 like you said.
    10-29-09 11:43 AM
    The tech is an *****. That was his way of getting you off the phone without having to help you resolve the issue. I had the same issue the first time that I installed a leaked OS. Did you wipe your phone first? I didn't and that is what happened. I would, as the other poster stated, wipe your phone and reinstall the OS. Make sure you backup your phone first though...
    10-29-09 11:49 AM
    I've had only a couple of very minor problems, but none like that.

Like the other posters have said, do wipe. You might want to use an app like jl_comdr to do that for you. Another suggestion, and this is a belt-and-suspenders thing, be sure you've deleted all 4.7 and DM files. Reinstall 5.0 using the App Loader, then install your DM.
    10-29-09 12:21 PM
    Have you tried to resend service book under email setting?
    It's different from host routing table option.

Usually the email setting is in setup folder.
    open email setting, and press BB button, then you can see the service book.
    10-29-09 12:50 PM
    where the f*ck is everyone getting this leak?? I have been trying to get it for 2 days now n i can't find ANYTHING!! I tried going to one, it then says the link was diabled, then another one tells me unless I have a premium account i cannot download. WTF ?? can someone troubleshoot?? I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! ;-]
    10-29-09 01:09 PM
    where the f*ck is everyone getting this leak?? I have been trying to get it for 2 days now n i can't find ANYTHING!! I tried going to one, it then says the link was diabled, then another one tells me unless I have a premium account i cannot download. WTF ?? can someone troubleshoot?? I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! ;-]
    Download 9630-5.0.0.230.exe from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    10-29-09 01:18 PM
    U got support for a leaked OS?

So I have had .230 for the past 2 weeks or so.....everything works great.....except.....

I can't reply to emails sent to my phone. I can compose but I can't send replies. When I type a reply and go to send it there is no "Send" option....the default option is "Save Draft"

So after doing some research on here and trying to do fix it my self I contacted VZW support.

I was on the phone with them for about 30 minutes or so. The guy reset service books, I register (under host routing table), did a batt pull with no resolve. The guy was baffled.

I finally said....would it have anything to do with me having OS 5.0 on my phone. He said ohhhhhh yea....that is what the problem is. He said that it is official yet except for the Storm.

He even asked me if I got it from Crackberry. I said yea. He then told me to never trust anything I download from there....they gets stuff that gets leaked out and always has some bugs with it.

He told me to redownload 4.7 and everything should be solved.

So unless someone can tell me how to fix this problem I am going back to 4.7 until VZW releases 5.0 for the Tour.

Thanks

Scott
    10-29-09 02:11 PM
    THANKS!! So I am way new to this.. after I download it, then what? Do I open DM or wipe my device? I seriously am clueless.
    10-29-09 03:50 PM
    THANKS!! So I am way new to this.. after I download it, then what? Do I open DM or wipe my device? I seriously am clueless.
    follow this, CAREFULLY. and BACKUP before you start. have fun
    10-29-09 05:04 PM
    Vzw Tour .230 os no issues here buddy. I would try and reload
    10-29-09 05:14 PM
    No issues here either I just hit reply and I'm all set. The fact you called VZW asking for help with an unofficial leaked OS makes me raise an eyebrow at whether or not you are capable of installing it correctly. Just saying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 05:22 PM
    Did you check if you specified which email address to send from?

My wife had the same problem and after about 5 minutes of fiddling with it, i scrolled to very top and realized she didn't specify with email to use to send. after i selected one, the send button appeared.
    10-29-09 05:30 PM
    Also, you might consider phrasing requests for help as something other than an ultimatum based on conditions no one else cares about ("So unless someone can tell me how to fix this problem I am going back to 4.7 until VZW releases 5.0 for the Tour.").
    11-01-09 10:05 AM
    i've had .230 for about a month now and the only bug i see or that really stands out and annoys me is the muting of my media player after songs. i'd reinstall it if I were you and make sure you wipe the phone first
    11-01-09 11:48 AM
    Ur issue is based on BES

I have a work email as well as my gmail. With my gmail, I can olny get emails but CAN'T reply to them.

So, if I was u, check to make sure u r not on a BES or tied to ur work emails

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD