like our blackberries....does droid have a blinking led to tell you message waiting??
    10-29-09 07:03 AM
    I'm curious about that too. When looking at the pictures, it looks like it has an LED in the upper right hand corner just like BlackBerry's, but I have yet to find out if that is a message/call indicator or just something else...
    10-29-09 08:07 AM
    Yes it does have it. Check out some of the vids.
    10-29-09 08:27 AM
    Ya in some vids you can see it blinking.
    10-29-09 09:34 AM
    Yeah, it most definitely does. This is a huge draw for us Blackberry users because I cannot live without the LED on my BB. It is great for situations when you can't have the phone on ringer OR vibrate bc you're in a super quiet setting (like class). The blinking little light is very nice
    10-29-09 10:18 AM
    all mine does when i miss or have a text/email etc is the trackball lights up and fades away for a bit.................... looks like i have an led in upper left and upper right, the upper right comes on when i charge the phone, is there a setting for this? i havent found one yet, so used to my bb storm
    11-08-09 11:14 AM
    yes it does. whenever u get a notification it blinks ...
    11-08-09 11:25 AM
    Yes, but unlike on the blackberry, you can't turn it off. I have the droid x and this thing burns through a battery charge like crazy, so it would be nice to be able to disable anything that might expedite that burn.
    08-09-10 01:28 PM
    Yes, but unlike on the blackberry, you can't turn it off. I have the droid x and this thing burns through a battery charge like crazy, so it would be nice to be able to disable anything that might expedite that burn.
    Download handcent and I believe you can turn off the led indicator if you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 02:00 PM
    Not if you have the captivate. Was a bummer for me.
    08-09-10 08:36 PM
    LoL it would take an awful lot of blinking for that little LED light to run down a battery tho. I have a DX too and get email, text, messages all day long and the LED isnt an issue with mine .
    08-09-10 09:16 PM
    LoL it would take an awful lot of blinking for that little LED light to run down a battery tho. I have a DX too and get email, text, messages all day long and the LED isnt an issue with mine .
    Yeah lol, I don't think the led is going to put that much strain on the battery.
    08-09-10 09:39 PM
    Yeah I also doubt its the LED draining your battery. Granted I have the original droid not the X, but for a long time I had my LED set to stay lit up whenI missed a call or text, not even blinking. And that didnt do anything any different to my battery life.
    08-10-10 06:49 AM
    Ok so, the boss has original droid and no msg light flashes... My messages are frequently missed although my bberry indicator always catchs my eye so Boss' msgs arent missed. Any one know how to get 1st Gen Droid to flash (even all the time is better than none...)
    PS - Droid forum has less friendly replys....
    07-30-11 03:56 PM
    Ok so, the boss has original droid and no msg light flashes... My messages are frequently missed although my bberry indicator always catchs my eye so Boss' msgs arent missed. Any one know how to get 1st Gen Droid to flash (even all the time is better than none...)
    PS - Droid forum has less friendly replys....
    Whenever I get a text through Google Voice or an e-mail I seem to get lighted notifications. Does this not work for you? Of course I'm rooted running a very recent release of Android that has been custom built for the OG Droid from Peter Alfonso. That may help I dunno. But what he can do is learn to turn on his screen and look at the top left where the notification panel is (he doesn't have to even unlock it) and if there is an icon, unlock it and pull down on the notification panel and see if it's a missed call, a text, an e-mail, etc. The LED is a freedom if you don't even use it because then you're not constantly feeling the need to check your crackwhatever every five seconds IMO. If he needs the messages in the form of texts he can download Handcent and it will let him know for text messages at least.
    07-31-11 01:34 PM
    Not if you have the captivate. Was a bummer for me.
    With Samsung devices, you can use the app NoLED, which displays notification dots on the screen. It works well for me, plus you can set up icons and different dot colors for different notifications.
    08-02-11 10:12 AM
    With Samsung devices, you can use the app NoLED, which displays notification dots on the screen. It works well for me, plus you can set up icons and different dot colors for different notifications.
    You're all kinds of in my head today . I was just about to post about NoLED. It's not just for Samsung devices, it's available for any device that doesn't have an LED flash.

I also think that there IS a setting to disable flash after a certain period of time, but I'm not certain. Right now I'm not able to check my phone, but I'll check on this later.
    08-02-11 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD