Hey guys I just thought I would post someinteresting findings...

I just had a replacement storm...from hungary...very well put together...

anyways i was one of those people with sserious freezing issues and their storm with .328...I tried EVERYTHING...I don't feel like going into detail but I got freezes with fresh installs of the os without any 3rd party apps etc etc...

Booted with 25 mb going straight from .167 to .328 (all apps installed)

Wiped reinstalled with a shrunk .328 and booted with 31 mb (all apps installed)

Just got another refurb from a store (canadian build)

Boot with 41 MB without shrinking and with all apps installed
    Canadian storm's screen is really tight and feel like i should do torx fix...what do ya'll think
    Here is another interesting point...I had the BBM installation issue and finally did the fix for it and seems good now..we shall see if it is still there after next batt pull...
    Also with this build, connections (data transfer etc) seems SUPER finicky where they were SOLID with the hungarian build...

I am pretty tech savy but could the hardware build of the storm really affect the way .328 plays with is so much???

Tell me your guys thoughts!

I really am thinking .328 reacts VERY differently on each build and I do not think it was like this as much on 4.7

Why am I getting so much more free app space? I think it may have a lot to do with how .328 was installed by the reps at vzw since my refurb came with .328 on it...

A lot to read I know but I find this very interesting!
    10-28-09 10:27 PM
    Another interesting thought...I am having a lot more snags in the OS (it locks up for a few seconds but no clock face) than i had with last storm (hungarian one) and still no totally freezes
    10-28-09 10:29 PM
    What apps do you have installed?
    10-28-09 10:48 PM
    There are different revisions of the Storm, as you can see. Just as in the PC world, different hardware reacts different ways to possibly any program, especially an OS.

While they all have the basic same specifications, the different revisions of the Storm have minor differences inside that make a HUGE difference with software interaction. In theory they should work the same- in reality that's a different story.

This is exactly why so many users have different results and have come up with the saying "all Storms are different".
    10-28-09 10:50 PM
    He is kind of getting the same results with both phones... freezing. Why did you shrink? I would uninstall .328 from your pc, download it from Verizon, then do a clean install without shrinking.
    10-28-09 10:54 PM
    Just had my first hands on with
    I am running point google maps Facebook word mole jaglom assistant weather big slacker meter berry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 10:56 PM
    I have an original launch date Storm 1, manufactured in Canada. It works great with OS 328. I did do the torx fix on the screen, but that was probably in the first month of ownership.
    10-28-09 10:57 PM
    I want to try the torx fix some edges are a ***** to click

10-28-09 10:58 PM
    What you shrink and what apps you install would help.

guess I'm lucky, still on my original Storm (which I love thanks to torx fix!), and I boot with about 35MB on 328, and everything runs smooth...
    10-28-09 10:58 PM
    don't remember all I shrank but I guess my point is now I did not shrink and have a solid forty mb free with apps installed

10-28-09 11:00 PM
    don't remember all I shrank but I guess my point is now I did not shrink and have a solid forty mb free with apps installed

Sorry, may not have (carefully) read every post RE: apps/shrink/memory.

As for the torx fix, I say, "go for it"
    10-28-09 11:07 PM
    I've had both canadian and mexican storms. To me they seemed fairly similar as far as performance and screen goes. My girlfriend has a hungarian storm and her screen is crap. I've just done the card behind the battery trick and both of mine click perfectly. I'm going to actually try the torx fix on hers, cuz the card doesn't even work that well.
    10-28-09 11:11 PM
    Yeah man I had a similar question.

Check out my thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/whe...e-made-349949/
    10-28-09 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD