Ok so I know this is a blackberry forum and all but i have seen some posts about the Droid. At first, it did not really catch my interest but after looking into it, this phone looks simply amazing.
    Engadget posted something today (10/28) with a hands on video and everything. It all looks so smooth, I just wish I could get it without paying full price! Guess i will have to wait until i have had my storm for 2 years right?

Motorola DROID first hands-on! (update: video, impressions, more pics)
    10-28-09 10:06 PM
    HTC is also supposed to come out with a couple of droid units - one with a 5mp camera, fast processor, HUGE screen, android 2.0 OS and HTC sense interface. Anyone know anything about that? These will certainly make it tempting to leave the Storm when the discounted time comes up...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 10:53 PM
    Try these forums for more info too http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/ its sweet though.
    10-28-09 11:19 PM
    I can't wait, I'm getting one the day it comes out... Does anyone know what the full retail price is .... ???
    10-29-09 03:36 AM
    She has long fingernails.
    10-30-09 11:28 AM
    I am excited to see how it develops, but right now it's still not enough to pull me away from the addictive click. Screen still looks to stutter a bit, iphone looks smoother. LOTS of NICE features tho. Android 2.0 has me stoked for future devices. Go google!
    10-30-09 12:31 PM
    HTC is also supposed to come out with a couple of droid units - one with a 5mp camera, fast processor, HUGE screen, android 2.0 OS and HTC sense interface. Anyone know anything about that? These will certainly make it tempting to leave the Storm when the discounted time comes up...

Yup search for the htc passion... I'm kicking my s2 to the curb for droid! RIM can go kick rocks.

10-30-09 01:51 PM
    Got kind of a ***** over the S2, then realized it's virtually the same as the S1 for all intents and purposes so I have been looking at the Droid, it really looks kick *** and I'm definitely going to be haggling with VZW for this phone. I may add a new line to my plan and take it for a test run, if I like it I'll just cancel the storm line lol
    10-30-09 03:39 PM
    i have to admit, i left the berry for the droid
    11-09-09 12:04 AM
    I went and looked and tested the M Droid. I had real problems with the keyboard which was a show stopper for me. The number keys I almost had to push with my finger nails. Also, the nonuniform (left to right keyboard) felt awkward.

However, the browser.... All I can say is perfect. Google maps was also much nicer.

Since both OS' are Java based, you would think some these apps "could" find themselves on the BB. If the Droid is indeed open, some BB enthusiast needs to simply fork the browser code and compile for BB.

TheWitness

Last edited by TheWitness; 11-09-09 at 06:20 AM.
    11-09-09 06:15 AM
    I'm having issues trying to figure the M droid out myself. I can't seem to figure out how to save email attachments, or locate them once they're saved.
    I miss having a 'downloads' folder too so I can locate files that have been downloaded easily, am I just not seeing it?

Also, is there anyway to change the notification bar over to a notification window? So if I have a missed call, it shows on the whole screen instead of having to drag down the bar to see it?
    11-10-09 04:05 PM
    The following Rules & Guidelines for making Forum Posts will help keep the CrackBerry Community a Happy, Healthy, and Functional Family of BlackBerry Users for centuries to come. When it comes to Posting Rules & Guidelines, we are not reinventing the wheel here, but are relying on proven rules used by other top forum sites on the web:

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/ <--------Android Forum
    Last edited by BlueBerry9550; 11-10-09 at 06:56 PM.
    11-10-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD