Just upgraded from 4.7.1.40 to 4.7.1.57 last night. (Sprint)

Previously I could go all day, 60 to 120 mins of talk time, moderate email and data usage, and end up with about 35% battery after 16 hours.

Today, after upgrading, with ZERO talk time today, minimal access to email (although lots rolled in), after 12 hours I was down to 10%.

Charged a few minutes, got it back up to 15%, and watched it drop to 7% in the next hour.

No new apps, no change in apps running in the background -- the only change is the new OS version and less usage.

Noticed another thread where several people noted rapid battery use today that is a sudden change, not related to as OS upgrade, as well.

Just wondering .......... anyone else updated to .57 and observed increased battery drain?
    10-28-09 08:17 PM
    Yeah I have felt like the battery has been draining quicker since that update.
    10-28-09 08:31 PM
    I haven't had this issue at all.

My BL was excellent before the updated OS and just as good after.

I do charge my phone every night as I always have with all of my cell phones.
    10-28-09 08:35 PM
    .57 seems the same or slightly better after upgrade. Also noticed that it runs cooler, doesnt get as warm as it used to after long browsing periods. I had to reset my settings back to 1XEV instead of Global and set my backlight back down to minimum as upgrade set everything back to default. You might wana check your settings. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 08:36 PM
    I've noticed my battery draining a little faster, too. Nothing too extreme, but I definitively noticed it. Thought it was an app I installed, but nothing I'm using is anything more than what I had used before the update. Now that I see this, I think you could be on to something. Can't wait for 5.0...

WCM
    10-28-09 10:04 PM
    Yes. Mine, too.
    10-28-09 10:12 PM
    My battery life is fine. But the signal is worst than before.

10-29-09 10:29 AM
    battery is fine on my end but I did notice I signal going to 1X more than before. Not sure why. Never really had this problem before the update, not to say that the update caused that, just an observation
    10-29-09 11:09 AM
    I am noticing a faster drain in my batteries and I cycle between two batteries, so its not them. The only changes that I've made since the battery life change were the newer OS, updated Google Maps (with the layering) and updated Facebook App. Waiting to see if any newer updates come out. The decrease isn't bad enough to remove an App or downgrade OS, just annoying!

10-29-09 11:20 AM
    I upgraded to this on my VZW Tour after deleting the vendor file and it killed my batt with the quickness. Was also very laggy; I went back to .40 as soon as I got home. Too bad because it seemed to work way better with my Jawbone Prime.
    10-29-09 11:27 AM
    I have noticed that my battery life is a bit worse, but the OS fixed the bluetooth issues I was having so I will keep 4.7.1.57 version until another released.
    10-29-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD