I recently renewed 2 contracts and got 2 curves for $29. It has been less than 30 days, do you think it would be a big deal or hassle to return them and get 2 Storm II's for $179?
    10-28-09 07:49 PM
    I recently renewed 2 contracts and got 2 curves for $29. It has been less than 30 days, do you think it would be a big deal or hassle to return them and get 2 Storm II's for $179?
    Nope.. just pay the $35 restocking fee for each line (unless you're VIP I guess...).
    10-28-09 07:54 PM
    It may depend on who you talk to. I called last night and was not satisfied with the experience; however, I called back this morning ready to just cancel the service and was forwarded to web sales. The CS people there were helpful, took care of everything and gave me the online price, which the rep last night was not willing to do. Not knowing if you did this online or in a store, I realize this would only be helpful if you had renewed online.

For those wondering, I'm new with Verizon and purchased a Storm online 2 weeks ago, so I'm within my 30 days satisfaction and return period. When I commented on last nights experience, the rep this morning mentioned that had I asked for web sales, it would not have been a problem.

End result, I'm happy and Fedex will be dropping off my Storm2 tomorrow.
    Last edited by tgilmore16; 10-29-09 at 08:54 AM.
    10-29-09 08:51 AM
    It may depend on who you talk to. I called last night and was not satisfied with the experience; however, I called back this morning ready to just cancel the service and was forwarded to web sales. The CS people there were helpful, took care of everything and gave me the online price, which the rep last night was not willing to do. Not knowing if you did this online or in a store, I realize this would only be helpful if you had renewed online.

For those wondering, I'm new with Verizon and purchased a Storm online 2 weeks ago, so I'm within my 30 days satisfaction and return period. When I commented on last nights experience, the rep this morning mentioned that had I asked for web sales, it would not have been a problem.

End result, I'm happy and Fedex will be dropping off my Storm2 tomorrow.
    You were forwarded to telesales because the store didn't answer their phone line within four rings. It's an automatic transfer process. The online price can only be honored.......online, or by telesales. We have to charge for the rebates in the store, period.
    10-29-09 09:12 AM
    You were forwarded to telesales because the store didn't answer their phone line within four rings. It's an automatic transfer process. The online price can only be honored.......online, or by telesales. We have to charge for the rebates in the store, period.
    True that. Telesales is pretty much the only department besides Tech Support that can honor online pricing/promotions. At, least that's the way it was when I was in tech at VZW.

Yesterday, I was xfered to Telesales because the website wasn't applying my BOGO.. they took care of that for me and gave me my "one time courtesy credit" for the inconvenience.
    10-29-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD