What is the best weather app that works with the storm2? Any chance simple weather will work. I haven't tried any apps. Don't want to mess up my new storm.
    10-28-09 07:03 PM
    I personally like weatherbug.
    10-28-09 07:32 PM
    I have signed up for AccuWather Blackberry Signals service on my stock, storm 2. However, I don't ever get the Accweather Icon on my Home Screen.

Does the Free Accuweather Push application work on a stock 9550?
    12-11-09 06:49 AM
    I personally like weatherbug.
    +1

And I have tried a few others.
    12-11-09 07:06 AM
    I use weatherbug but I've noticed the forecasting is wrong most of the time. I check it against weather.com and weather underground.
    12-11-09 07:18 AM
    Try this one: render fast � NWSClient Its a nice and small program that uses Info from the National Weather Service
    12-11-09 07:19 AM
    IMO the push browser accuweather subscription is great. icon changes to show you the forecast for the day. doesnt drain your battery like regular apps.
    12-11-09 07:23 AM
    IMO the push browser accuweather subscription is great. icon changes to show you the forecast for the day. doesnt drain your battery like regular apps.
    Brilliant, are you using a paid version of accuweather or the free push version?

I just downloaded the free weatherbug app. It is showing the correct forecast and shows the Temp on my homescreen. Just what I was looking for at this point.
    Last edited by Laser; 12-11-09 at 07:28 AM.
    12-11-09 07:26 AM
    Ugh weatherbug spyware relic

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 08:34 AM
    What is the best weather app that works with the storm2? Any chance simple weather will work. I haven't tried any apps. Don't want to mess up my new storm.
    Simpleweather is a nice free app. All you have to do to set it up is to enter your zip code. BBWeather is also a nice free app, a few more options than Simpleweather, and a little harder to set up for some people.

When you say "wll it work" do you mean updating the home screen? The S2 will not update the home screen yet.
    12-11-09 08:39 AM
    I used the Weather Channel app.
    12-11-09 08:48 AM
    And what's good for people on Ye Olde Continent?
    12-11-09 09:47 AM
    the best weather app i have used and still use is "Weather Eye" from the weather network but i believe its only canadian weather tho not sure if it does U.S.
    12-11-09 09:51 AM
    I personally like weathereye. Haven't had any problems and in general the icon updates on my home screen. Sometimes I don't get the icon picture, but the weather words do update.

12-11-09 09:53 AM
    Weatherbug for the win...
    12-11-09 12:13 PM
    I did a lot of looking at free weather apps and have both weatherbug and weathereye but am split between them. IMO neither is completely perfect.

App itself: Weathereye is better. Its very easy to see current conditions and short & long term forecasts. Great layout.

Icon: Weatherbug is better. It has more info. The icon shows the predicted hi/lo temps for the day in addition to the current temp and condition. Weathereye doesn't do that, it just shows an icon, current temp, and one word description like "clear" or "cloudy" etc, which gets a little redundant. If it shows a pic of a cloud I don't need it to tell me its cloudy too.

Both have had occasional problems with the icon not updating the picture when in the home screen. The current temp always seems to be accurate but not the picture.

Right now I have weatherbug on my home screen so i can see the hi/lo, but still haven't made a final decision. I keep weathereye in my apps folder just in case.
    12-11-09 12:39 PM
    berryweather is nice in every way except for the home screen not updating. Other than that, its a nice app with radar maps and the ability to view weather cams. Its pricy and not sure if its worth it, but I got it on sale for $4 so I'm not complaining
    12-11-09 12:51 PM
    weathereye
    12-11-09 01:00 PM
    I have been using weather bug on my storm2 and thus far have had no issues with it at all. It seems to be accurate and updates every 15 min (that's what I have it set too) no issues with it here.

12-11-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD