New to the Wi-fi thing with BB.

Will BBM work over Wi-Fi?
    10-28-09 04:24 PM
    I haven't tried it yet but I don't think that it will. I could be wrong though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 04:29 PM
    Dont think so
    10-28-09 04:30 PM
    yea it works... amazingly fast too i must say.
    10-28-09 04:39 PM
    Yes it does work. Your still going to connect to the BBM servers just using a different channel (wifi) instead of BIS.
    10-28-09 04:40 PM
    Anyone else's wifi remain grey with no green check mark? Am i the only one with this issue?
    10-28-09 04:48 PM
    Anyone else's wifi remain grey with no green check mark? Am i the only one with this issue?
    That problem is being discussed over here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wifi-working-349259/
    10-28-09 04:49 PM
    How did u get it to work? It will not work on any wifi network I connect to
    10-28-09 04:54 PM
    Me too, however, I am able to browse the internet while I turn off the mobile network. Is this the way it is supposed to be? I imagined it lighting up and having a green check mark? I just have a white dash?
    10-28-09 05:00 PM
    per the instruction book white wifi logo and wifi name says will be able to send and receive email messages and use the browser over a wi-fi connection.
    gray wifi and wifi name says your smartphone is connected to wi-fi network but does not have access to blackberry servers over wi-fi connection
    10-28-09 06:26 PM
    Right....but it doesn't tell you how to get the solid white symbol. I called at noon today when I noticed the issue. Verizon had no idea I was talking about, I refrenced him to pg 35 of the tips and tricks booklet. They transferee me to RIM who claimed that it was a UMA issue he also said the literature is generic (when I told him what the book said) Apparently that's not accurate and no one can get a straight answer.
    10-28-09 06:32 PM
    this is what that verizon launch flyer says"Make your coverage even bigger by using Wi-Fi to connect to your home or wireless networks or hotspots. In Wi-Fi coverage you can surf the net, send that presentation and snap and send a photo without getting off the phone." so that leads me to believe they didnt lock down wifi, they have a ton of other phones with wifi and they all work flawlessly. this has to be software issue.
    10-28-09 08:16 PM
    WIFI works fine for me, just tried 2 different networks...n yes BBM works over wifi too
    10-28-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD