Ive Upgraded My Phone to the 5.0

Then I Re Installed Quickpull. What Happens Next was I Click Reset I see it Say Device Going into Reboot Then I Get The Application Permission, Click Yes.
    But Then I Get "An ERROR OCCURRED Reboot Terminated" or "Something went Wrong Aborting. See Device log for More Details?"
    10-28-09 03:51 PM
    I am having the same issue running 5.0 on my 8230. I reinstalled it and did a battery pull and it worked the 1st time after that. Now it is back to not working. Let me know if you find a work around.
    10-28-09 04:21 PM
    Guys....it's all over the Storm OS thread. There is a new update for quickpull. Do a google and you'll find it. The old quickpull didn't work on 5.0.
    10-28-09 04:26 PM
    Here is the fix for you. Remember to delete the spaces:
    FROM YOUR BB Browser:
    h t t p : / / tinyurl . com/ ykebhod thats for (QuickPull Pro)
    http : / / tinyurl . com/ ykwgnkk that will be for (QuickPull Free)
    (Source Steelhorn FAQ)
    Follow the instructions STEP BY STEP and DONT FORGET TO SET THE PERMISSIONS! (Also described)
    10-28-09 04:28 PM
    Here is the fix for you. Remember to delete the spaces:
    FROM YOUR BB Browser:
    h t t p : / / tinyurl . com/ ykebhod thats for (QuickPull Pro)
    http : / / tinyurl . com/ ykwgnkk that will be for (QuickPull Free)
    (Source Steelhorn FAQ)
    Follow the instructions STEP BY STEP and DONT FORGET TO SET THE PERMISSIONS! (Also described)
    Thanks for the post. The QuickPull Free download works great with OS 5.
    10-28-09 04:46 PM
    Why do you need QP? I upgraded to 328 on Sunday, booted up with 47mb free and I'm at 46.8
    three days later. I have no need for quickpull anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 06:49 PM
    I had 10 MB free before going to 5.0.0328 and after installing it I had 0 kb free untill I did a batterypull as quickpul does not work. THen I had 10.7 MB free again. Then I installed teh new 3.6.0 quickpull and it does not work. It just hangs and gives an error that Something went wrong and check the logs.

Beta software sucks.
    10-28-09 07:52 PM
    I think we need to be reading the FAQ that is here: How to use QuickPull on OS 5.0 - Steelthorn Software - FAQ
    It says how to install it (updated yesterday):

This article will help you install the QuickPull for OS 5 Technical Preview (Beta).

REQUIREMENTS

You must meet the following requirements to use QuickPull on OS 5:

• A BlackBerry device running OS 5.0.0.252+. No lower version will work. To check your OS version, go to Options > About menu on your device. Confirmed builds: OS 5.0.0.252, OS 5.0.0.314, OS 5.0.0.323.
    • No association with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or other IT Policy.

INSTALL

Please go to Options > Advanced > Applications. Scroll down to QuickPull in the list, then press the Menu key and select Delete. Reset your device.

To install QuickPull Beta for OS 5, browse to one of the following links from your BlackBerry device:

http://files.steelthorn.com/labs/OS5/pro/QuickPull.jad (QuickPull Pro)
    http://files.steelthorn.com/labs/OS5/QuickPull.jad (QuickPull Free)

PERMISSIONS

QuickPull will request certain permissions on first run. Due to limitations in the current OS 5 releases, you must set additional permissions in order to use QuickPull on OS 5 at this time. Perform the following steps in order to correct this problem:

1. Go to Options > Applications
    2. Press Menu > "Edit *Default* Permissions". Note the "Default".
    3. Set all three categories to "Allow"
    4. Menu > Save
    5. Do a real battery pull.

FEEDBACK

Help us improve QuickPull for OS 5 by giving us your feedback in our Feedback Forum. Enjoy!
    10-28-09 08:01 PM
    This needs more explanation as they left out some steps....

Instead of this:
    2. Press Menu > "Edit *Default* Permissions". Note the "Default".
    3. Set all three categories to "Allow"
    4. Menu > Save
    5. Do a real battery pull.

It should be this:

Instead of this:
    2. Press Menu
    3. Go way down past the Edit Permissions keep going down
    4. down to the bottom more it says Edit Default Permissions
    "Edit *Default* Permissions". Note the "Default".
    5. Set all three categories to "Allow"
    6. Menu > Save
    7. Do a real battery pull.

Basically I kept editing the regular permissins not the DEFAULT ones that are in a Different place on the MENU.

Actually after setting the correct permissions I did not even do the Real battery pull and Quickpull worked for the reboot. I did not at that time set the optional boxes for scheduled reboot or monitored reboot. I just pressed RESET and it confirmed and rebooted. After rebooting it says "Your device has been reset. Thanks for using quickpull!"

After that I set the options and when the time came it did properly reset as well. So 3.6 or QuickPull it is working for me now on 5.0.0.328
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 10-28-09 at 08:41 PM.
    10-28-09 08:20 PM
    Are there any alternatives to QuickPull?

10-28-09 11:07 PM
    Are there any alternatives to QuickPull?

Meterberry if they get a version that works with the new OS - It "could" be out now, I'm not sure - I JUST discovered quickpull was updated....
    10-29-09 08:48 AM
    Why do you need QP? I upgraded to 328 on Sunday, booted up with 47mb free and I'm at 46.8
    three days later. I have no need for quickpull anymore.

I have never seen that much memory, ever!! I always boot at 25 or less. I am amazed at how some people are able to have this much, frustrating to me.
    10-29-09 08:55 AM
    Looks like that worked for me as well.
    10-29-09 09:03 AM
    Ok, so this doesn't work on BES configured devices because I don't have permission to change 'Security Timer Reset'. Currently it is set to 'Deny'.

Lator
    10-29-09 09:35 AM
    I am in the same boat at Boilator - I am on BES and before 5.0, QuickPull (free) worked fine. Now I too cannot edit certain permissions.
    10-29-09 11:03 AM
    Thank you, I was gaving the same problem
    10-29-09 12:16 PM
    I am having the same problem w/ many 3rd party apps. I'm connected to BES too. I've set everything to allow but it won't let me change the security timer reset under interactions. Does anyone know how to change the setting in BES to allow this?
    I wonder if this is also the reason I can't click on any links in email messages. Boilator, Sehale or anyone else connected through BES - are you able to click on links in emails?
    11-01-09 12:24 PM
    All of my 3rd party apps work fine (Tivo, BB Light, etc.) except for Quick Pull (free). After the upgrade to 5, I had to re-activate my BES settings at work and now I get my work emails with no problems. I can open links I receive in emails. However, under Permissions, the Server Network in Connections is greyed out as is Security Timer Reset in Interactions. I know my BES settings didn't change but something in the 5 upgrade did to affect Quick Pull. Hope this helps.
    11-01-09 01:36 PM
    when i used quickpull i had other issues pop up. nowadays i just physically pull the battery. i don't understand why everyone doesn't just do that every now and again. it's really not that hard.
    11-01-09 02:37 PM
    After changing all the settings to Allow, QuickPull worked perfectly for me.
    11-02-09 07:25 AM
    I have never seen that much memory, ever!! I always boot at 25 or less. I am amazed at how some people are able to have this much, frustrating to me.
    I used to have 49MB after a reboot, but ever since I upgraded to OS 5.0, I never have more than 38.7MB. Lame...
    11-02-09 07:47 AM
    I'm having major memory leaks myself and need to get QuickPull working.

I thought 5.0 would be better...in some ways it is...but I've never had memory leaks before and its screwing my phone up....
    11-02-09 09:00 AM
    Before setting all default permissions to allow.. try searching the forums about this. There are many postings about this being a bad idea.
    11-02-09 09:42 AM
    Before setting all default permissions to allow.. try searching the forums about this. There are many postings about this being a bad idea.
    Blah Blah Blah
    11-02-09 12:25 PM
    I'm having major memory leaks myself and need to get QuickPull working.

I thought 5.0 would be better...in some ways it is...but I've never had memory leaks before and its screwing my phone up....
    Ironically after installing the new quickpull I was getting a pretty bad memory leak. I un installed it and in 8 hours I have only dropped 0 .1mb

11-02-09 02:41 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD