i have my holster from my tour, not sure if it really works with the storm2 anyone know for sure if it will put it into standby mode, ive tried but not sure if im doing something wrong thanks
    10-28-09 03:35 PM
    i have my holster from my tour, not sure if it really works with the storm2 anyone know for sure if it will put it into standby mode, ive tried but not sure if im doing something wrong thanks
    I'm using my Bold holster and it works just fine.
    10-28-09 03:38 PM
    any particular way i should put the phone in the holster, i think the storms magnet is in the middle of phone maybe the tours flap is to short?
    10-28-09 03:42 PM
    Anybody try the OtterBox Defender? If so, does it work too?
    10-28-09 04:08 PM
    I don't think the Tour Holster works on the S2. I remember trying my S1 on the Tour Case and it didn't turn off. The S1 case works fine on the S2 though.
    10-28-09 04:27 PM
    i need to find a cheap one
    10-28-09 04:42 PM
    Anybody try the OtterBox Defender? If so, does it work too?
    The OtterBox Defender is a superb case. You will not find a better case to protect your investment.

But they currently do not have one to fit the newer Storms (9550/9520). They only have a case to fit the older Storm 1's. (9500/9530). So their description on their site that states "Defender case for all Storm models" is now inaccurate.

I sent them a message and they replied as follows:

"We do not have any information on if we will be making a case for the Storm 2 at this time. Please keep an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information on our products and new cases.

Thank you,
    Natasha Meggenberg"
    10-28-09 04:51 PM
    I pre-ordered the S2 Defender the day it was first posted on OB. Called em' yesterday to check status of release and was told by the Otterbox rep that the Storm2 Defender will begin shipping this coming week. The other OtterBox Storm2 cases: Impact & Commuter are actuly out for sale as you read.
    11-14-09 03:30 PM
    For a simple, OEM holster with the magnet that works for both Storms, for about 7 bucks including shipping, check this link: Amazon.com: OEM BLACKBERRY LEATHER HOLSTER CASE FOR STORM 9530 9500: Cell Phones & Service

I bought one when I got my Storm 1 on release date. Still using it with my Storm 2. No problems. Puts both phones to sleep. (if you have problem with the link, go to Amazon and search "Storm holster".

Rich
    11-14-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD