I am currently a S1 user i was thinking of getting the S2. But my thing is why do i need wifi if i have a data plan isn't that point less.
    10-28-09 02:18 PM
    You can always search for the answer. In fact this exact topic has 2 threads in the S2 forum near the top that I know of right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 02:20 PM
    yes i have seen those threads but there telling the benefits of wifi
    10-28-09 02:29 PM
    there not telling me the benefits of wifi
    10-28-09 02:30 PM
    Well, I really do not see how anybody is going to complain that having an extra feature has any drawbacks.
    10-28-09 02:31 PM
    Wifi is great to have on any device. When you can't get 3G, but have a hotspot to browse, then wifi sure is life saver. Do some searching around as these threads have been made countless times. You're bound to find your answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 02:38 PM
    Well it's likely that WiFi is going to give you some faster data transfer speeds than your normal 1XEV/3G connection, but you're right, you don't necessarily need it, it's just a nice option to have, say for instance you want to stream music or something, it's probably going to be more efficient to stream it over the WiFi signal, as you'll probably be able to load songs faster.
    10-28-09 02:40 PM
    there not telling me the benefits of wifi
    Wow, you have got to be joking. Seriously.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wh...t-wifi-344465/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wifi-question-338429/

I can post about 1000 examples right now, but really, go to the search options, advanced and type "wifi" and select the search titles only option. Start reading.
    10-28-09 03:06 PM
    I guess it depends on your data plan and how you use your bb. I have a limited data plan, so when I'm at home I connect via wifi and consume data for free.
    10-28-09 03:07 PM
    Free data if you have a limited plan - Pending you have a hot spot to tap into - Not that big of a deal if you have 'Unlimited Data' - may be slightly faster though
    10-28-09 03:12 PM
    WiFi is of limited benefit on Verizon if you have a data plan. Downloads are pretty fast on that network compared to EDGE on Tmob/ATT. There's no UMA either. It's nice but not a dealbreaker here.
    10-28-09 03:16 PM
    - Simulataneous voice and data.
    - More reliable connection for SlingBox and other video streaming.
    - Ability to use on airplanes that support Wifi during flights.
    - Data connection while abroad (vs. international roaming data charges).

Now, if they only had UMA or SIP access...
    10-28-09 03:18 PM
    Well, I really do not see how anybody is going to complain that having an extra feature has any drawbacks.
    There is no such thing as an extra feature that does not have any drawbacks.
    Cost, chip space, added failure mode, extra power consumption (yes even when turned off although it is small)
    10-28-09 05:22 PM
    I am on a 2G network and I find it faster than when I use wifi. is it just my wifi connection?
    10-28-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD