I just got the Storm 2 and every thing is great except for Blackberry Maps. When I try to run it I get an error that says "Your current Default Services do not provide access to Map Data". I called Verizon and they have no idea they are supposed to get back to me. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix?
    10-28-09 02:06 PM
    m.google.com/maps
    10-28-09 02:07 PM
    I have that and use that it just bugs me that BB maps does not work.
    10-28-09 02:08 PM
    I'm am just moving over to Verizon from ATT, so I'm not 100% sure, but I thought Verizon used to disable BB Maps so you would use Verizon Navigator. I'm probably wrong though. Just a thought.
    10-28-09 02:16 PM
    Give it a day your account probably is not fully updated with all the features i,e Unlimited Data
    10-28-09 02:32 PM
    i had the same problem. after i went into desktop manager and actually switched from my storm to the storm 2, bb maps started to work
    Last edited by nfgloryman; 10-28-09 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-28-09 03:00 PM
    How do you access BB maps? I can't seem to find it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 03:37 PM
    I am getting the EXACT same error message...what gives? I found some mention of it in the archives however I cannot gain access to the actual posting and replies.
    10-28-09 04:04 PM
    I went in and took my service book file from my Tour and transfered it to my storm 2 and bb maps are now working just fine. Backup and Restore->Advanced, move service book from other BB device to left side box, then hook up storm and restore it over. Hope this helps.
    10-28-09 04:27 PM
    I can not get my BB maps to work....same freaking error message... arrrrggghhh
    10-28-09 07:02 PM
    Call verizon support. lets let them know that it s a problem affecting multiple people.
    10-28-09 07:18 PM
    options>advanced options>host routing tables>BB menu key>register now
    10-28-09 07:31 PM
    options>advanced options>host routing tables>BB menu key>register now
    Just tried that and it didn't work.
    10-28-09 08:27 PM
    same problem here...i'm going to call tomorrow if its still not working
    10-28-09 08:36 PM
    I went in and took my service book file from my Tour and transfered it to my storm 2 and bb maps are now working just fine. Backup and Restore->Advanced, move service book from other BB device to left side box, then hook up storm and restore it over. Hope this helps.
    This is the fix. Thanks! Sent the service books from my Storm 1 and maps now work just fine on the Storm 2!!
    10-28-09 09:39 PM
    service books are bad i took service books from one storm and moved them to my other storm maps work fine now
    10-28-09 10:20 PM
    Does anyone know how you might go about using old service books if you don't have an old BB to get the service books from?

(knew to Blackberry phones, sorry if dumb question)
    10-28-09 11:44 PM
    BB Maps stinks anyway! Who uses it?
    10-28-09 11:51 PM
    Same problem here.

I installed google maps which is what I use all the time. I don't thing google maps currently has the ability to use the on-board GPS (please correct me if I'm wrong), so I can see some people wanting to use BB Maps until that feature comes about.
    10-28-09 11:54 PM
    service books are bad i took service books from one storm and moved them to my other storm maps work fine now
    Would an 8830's service books work on the storm2? If so, how would you go about doing it?
    10-29-09 05:41 AM
    Same problem here.

I installed google maps which is what I use all the time. I don't thing google maps currently has the ability to use the on-board GPS (please correct me if I'm wrong), so I can see some people wanting to use BB Maps until that feature comes about.
    I installed google maps since I am having the same error with BBMaps and it found my location, registered 10 satellites, etc.. so the gps works with google
    10-29-09 07:06 AM
    i get the same error message. This is my first BB so I have no old files to move. Its not a big deal. I signed up for the free vz nav month and prob will get the garmin app afterwards. It would just be nice for it to work. Shouldnt get errors on this so soon. BUt I did buy it brand new so I am expecting problems.
    10-29-09 07:41 AM
    I just got the Storm 2 and every thing is great except for Blackberry Maps. When I try to run it I get an error that says "Your current Default Services do not provide access to Map Data". I called Verizon and they have no idea they are supposed to get back to me. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix?
    After spending a few hours on the phone with rim and sending them my service log I found a fix by accident.

I was restoring my address book when scrolling down the file list I saw Map Settings and Map Locations. I restored them from my previous Storm's backup file to my new Storm. This fixed the problem
    10-29-09 08:26 AM
    Does anyone know how you might go about using old service books if you don't have an old BB to get the service books from?

(knew to Blackberry phones, sorry if dumb question)
    That is the point of re-registering your host routing tables, it re-pushes the service books to your device for access privileges. You can try logging into https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw and resending your service books under the help section. After you have re-registered your host routing tables as I described previously.
    10-29-09 09:15 AM
    BB Maps stinks anyway! Who uses it?
    i do, its already on the phone, and i'm too lazy to try something new...maybe some day
    10-29-09 09:23 AM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD