If you are having any problems with your Storm 2 please post here. Lets make it one nice and clean thread and I will love to help as much as possible.

On a side note. Just got my Storm 2 for 150 bucks at Verizon and got 200 bucks of mail in rebate so I made 50 bucks by getting it! YAYY!!!!
    banana_512 likes this.
    10-28-09 12:18 PM
    If you are having any problems with your Storm 2 please post here. Lets make it one nice and clean thread and I will love to help as much as possible.

On a side note. Just got my Storm 2 for 150 bucks at Verizon and got 200 bucks of mail in rebate so I made 50 bucks by getting it! YAYY!!!!
    If you do BOGO they give you two 100 rebates?
    10-28-09 12:50 PM
    Just got my Storm2 today at the Verizon store. So far so good. Seamless sync with my old BB. New Storm2 is beautiful. Quick, intuitive typing, great screen. Only problem (so far) is that my password keeper did not sync well and now will not allow me access to all of my stored passwords. Any ideas?
    10-28-09 12:50 PM
    Not sure if this is a problem, but when i turn my network connection off and leave wifi on i don't receive emails and am unable to send/receive BBMs...web browsing works fine, though...
    10-28-09 12:54 PM
    Just got my Storm2 today at the Verizon store. So far so good. Seamless sync with my old BB. New Storm2 is beautiful. Quick, intuitive typing, great screen. Only problem (so far) is that my password keeper did not sync well and now will not allow me access to all of my stored passwords. Any ideas?
    I'm almost positive you are gonna have to just re do it from scratch
    10-28-09 12:57 PM
    Not sure if this is a problem, but when i turn my network connection off and leave wifi on i don't receive emails and am unable to send/receive BBMs...web browsing works fine, though...
    Sounds like a bad PIN... although I'm not sure if that is impossible. Try to resend your registration again.
    10-28-09 12:58 PM
    Sounds like a bad PIN... although I'm not sure if that is impossible. Try to resend your registration again.
    Bad PIN? What exactly does that mean? I've been chatting with the girl for some time on it with no issues...i just cant chat over wifi...i will try the re-registration thing. Standby...

UPDATE: Ok, so i re-reigstred with the network...it says im registered. The wifi icon is grayed out...according to the manuel this means that i cannot access blackberry services via wifi...which explains the problem, but how do you allow your wifi to access blackberry services?! (it doesn't say)
    Last edited by RushTheBus; 10-28-09 at 01:11 PM.
    10-28-09 01:02 PM
    I just got my Storm 2...upgraded from 8130 pearl and love it...but the one thing that is actually killing me and would love help with is how to turn off the auto complete when i type in either format of landscape or portrait qwerty...is that possible? i just would rather use multi-tap rather than suretype and when i click multi-tap i get put into the old school phone keyboard...help????
    10-28-09 01:24 PM
    my problem......... i dont have it yet argh!!!
    10-28-09 01:27 PM
    Bad PIN? What exactly does that mean? I've been chatting with the girl for some time on it with no issues...i just cant chat over wifi...i will try the re-registration thing. Standby...

UPDATE: Ok, so i re-reigstred with the network...it says im registered. The wifi icon is grayed out...according to the manuel this means that i cannot access blackberry services via wifi...which explains the problem, but how do you allow your wifi to access blackberry services?! (it doesn't say)

My understanding, and correct me if Im wrong, but if you are using wi fi with your provider network OFF, then you won't get any data from blackberry (BBM, EMAIL, etc). You're on your home network which isnt blackberry.

Can you have both on at the same time? Then you'll be on data from home (much faster) and still be able to use Blackberry services.
    10-28-09 01:34 PM
    Sal...in some vids I've seen you can make the typing experience more like an iPod touch (and that phone of which we do not speak of)...I haven't had any luck getting it do perform that way yet..suggestions?

Only complaint I've had so far is that the typing seems a little "mushier" than I thought it would be.
    10-28-09 01:38 PM
    My understanding, and correct me if Im wrong, but if you are using wi fi with your provider network OFF, then you won't get any data from blackberry (BBM, EMAIL, etc). You're on your home network which isnt blackberry.

Can you have both on at the same time? Then you'll be on data from home (much faster) and still be able to use Blackberry services.
    Correct.

WiFi is WiFi. It's not related to the BIS/BES network whatsoever. If your provider network is off, then what you have in your hand is more of a tiny netbook, not a phone.
    10-28-09 01:38 PM
    I can't seem to get youtube to work. I keep getting an error saying that the server is either blocked or unresponsive. Other than that, excellent phone.
    10-28-09 01:44 PM

This works on my Bold, but the Storm2 is not like this. If i disable mobile network i get all my emails and whatnot over wifi. Did Verizon cripple this? There's a map for that my @$$, i get zero service in Blanco, TX where their maps says i should have 3G.
    10-28-09 01:45 PM
    Correct.

WiFi is WiFi. It's not related to the BIS/BES network whatsoever. If your provider network is off, then what you have in your hand is more of a tiny netbook, not a phone.
    Check the Tips and Tricks booklet provided with the phone...it says if the wifi symbol is white then you are able to receive emails and BBM via WiFi...if it is grayed out you are not...

I'm on the phone with Blackberry Tier 1 support now, the guy hasn't said it's not possible...i'm on hold while he does a bit of research...
    10-28-09 01:46 PM
    Just got the Storm2 from Verizon store. Less than 2 weeks after buying the Storm!!! I asked specifically if the new one was coming out soon and was told "no, it will be the last part of 2009 early 2010! Within 1 week verizon announced it was releasing the Storm2! The CEO announced he was pleased after using it for months! And for the priveldge of being abused by customer service and the honor of being told "well its like buying a new car" I had to pay a "reshelving fee of $35"!!!!

Verizon's customer service s*cks. And after dealing with Verizon I feel I was ripped off by a used car dealer to boot! I went home, tried Blackberry Maps and had the audacity to expect that if Verizon sells a phone with an App PRE-LOADED it would work. Ohhhhh no. Called support and I was told they don't support it: but I should buy VZ Navigator because RIM just pre-loads things and its tuff. Another sales job by a used car dealer to rip-off the customers for another $9.99 a month!!!!
    10-28-09 01:52 PM
    I am able to recieve my messages and BBM over WIFI just fine.
    10-28-09 01:57 PM
    Ok, so just an update if anyone was curious. Got off the phone with RIM, the guy looked into a few things and then said that Verizon has not enabled UMA on the phone or through their network (not sure how UMA gets enabled) so it's not possible to recieve/send email & BBMs.

Fort what it's worth they also checked my PIN and it is in working order.
    10-28-09 02:00 PM
    This is why I love Crackberry!!! You've got a problem and "WHAM" tons of people trying to find the answer (unless of course you ask a newb question that has already been answered earlier). Be happy you have "people" rush the bus!
    Last edited by ChefPhil; 10-28-09 at 02:02 PM. Reason: wrong name
    10-28-09 02:00 PM
    9520 doesn't use wifi for anything it seems.

If I turn off network data services then nothing not even web browsing works over the wifi connection (although my router does display it as connected).

Doing packet monitoring on the lan against the phone IP returns no data transfers over the wifi regardless of mobile network data services being on or off. so basically it has wifi just doesn't use it for anything.

Also the app world stuff doesn't work when connected via 3g only via gprs although web browsing and emails all work fine over 3g.

the back arrow button on the button if you press it once but you need to go back up 3-4 times it'll lock in the down position so you have to completely let go before you can re-click the back button. This appears to be a problem with most of the buttons towards the edges of the screen but mostly noticable on the backbutton because its the most commonly used one.
    10-28-09 02:01 PM

Would it help if you selected hotspot browser as default when you turn mobile network off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 02:06 PM
    I just got my Storm 2...upgraded from 8130 pearl and love it...but the one thing that is actually killing me and would love help with is how to turn off the auto complete when i type in either format of landscape or portrait qwerty...is that possible? i just would rather use multi-tap rather than suretype and when i click multi-tap i get put into the old school phone keyboard...help????
    options>screen keyboard>then switch to multi tap or sure type.
    10-28-09 02:06 PM
    Only problem for me so far is that i can sometimes(happened twice so far) out-type the keyboard but not usually. On the opposite of that, most of the time, I can text so f'n fast its not even funny. Oh, and there is no Pandora.
    10-28-09 02:07 PM
    I think it's in settings under advanced settings.
    10-28-09 02:08 PM
    Ok, so just an update if anyone was curious. Got off the phone with RIM, the guy looked into a few things and then said that Verizon has not enabled UMA on the phone or through their network (not sure how UMA gets enabled) so it's not possible to recieve/send email & BBMs.

Fort what it's worth they also checked my PIN and it is in working order.
    This is completely not true. I just did this 10 minutes ago and it worked perfect.

Edit: I did not connect to the WIFI till after being disconnected. Not sure if that amde a difference, may be something worth trying though.
    Last edited by bmtbandit; 10-28-09 at 02:14 PM.
    10-28-09 02:09 PM
2,597 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD