I am looking for a (preferably free) AIM alternative.

Reasons being:

1) I get frequent disconnects with my BB AIM and don't realize this until I go to IM someone and get the dreaded reconnecting message.

2) I can't stand the fact that as soon as you IM someone it sets your status to available.

Thanks in advance

PS

IM+ is not an option IMO it is ridiculously priced
    10-28-09 11:21 AM
    I am looking for a (preferably free) AIM alternative.

Reasons being:

1) I get frequent disconnects with my BB AIM and don't realize this until I go to IM someone and get the dreaded reconnecting message.

2) I can't stand the fact that as soon as you IM someone it sets your status to available.

Thanks in advance

PS

IM+ is not an option IMO it is ridiculously priced
    im pretty sure theres alot of threads concerning this already. look them up.

IMO, free versions are crap anyways. the aim works pretty well for me. a trick that i do to make sure im still online is: while in aim, menu, refresh group or refresh list) if youre not connected it will reconnect and if you are it will refresh fine.

beejive is a good app but i heard its not working with the new OS.
    10-28-09 01:01 PM
    Beejive is good but it will ruin your battery life. Plus its been in beta stages for almost a year. Doesn't work with 5.0 either. I paid the full shot for this program just to find out everyone else was getting their trials extended for free. I brought this up in the forum and they deleted my post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD