after seeing that vid, I'm gonna hold out on the storm 2 and wait for the tour 2! it seems like a soild device with awesome features! and it is rumored to be out for the holiday season, looks like I'm going to be waiting

anyone else on the same boat?
    10-28-09 11:05 AM
    I really like that!!!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-28-09 11:28 AM
    this is crazy, Tour came out in July, and is replaced in december maybe... I love the idea of the trackpad though and wifi, but is it enough for me to pay retail to buy the Tour 2 since we all just got tour 1?
    10-28-09 11:30 AM
    this is crazy, Tour came out in July, and is replaced in december maybe... I love the idea of the trackpad though and wifi, but is it enough for me to pay retail to buy the Tour 2 since we all just got tour 1?
    Just how badly do you need the additional features? Sounds like a judgement call there, just how bad is the urge?

10-28-09 11:33 AM
    unless i get a deal on this i will buy not paying retail price just bought my
    tour first day out
    10-28-09 11:46 AM
    it shud be called tour 1.5 if its only addition is trackpad and wifi. i find it crazy that there gonna release it so soon. o well, ill keeep my storm2
    10-28-09 12:07 PM
    I can upgrade come Nov 1st and was gonna crack and go get a Tour...now I can wait just a little longer!!!

10-28-09 12:18 PM
    I was gonna get the tour in the next couple of weeks. But now I'm gonna wait on the essex. Its good to hear that it may be out by the holiday, hopefully that means on Sprint too.

10-28-09 12:40 PM
    Kevin also mentioned that the bottom buttons are like the 9700.
    10-28-09 12:47 PM
    So no camera update as we heard before?
    10-28-09 01:13 PM
    I returned my Tour on the 30th day of having it because I heard about the Essex...good thing I did too. My wife is pregnant and is due in March so if I could get that to replace my curve and it's crap camera, that'd be awesome. I could use the new camera to take some nice pics and send it to everyone!
    10-28-09 01:54 PM
    So no camera update as we heard before?
    doesnt look like it, maybe it will be on Tour 3 lol
    10-28-09 01:56 PM
    Just how badly do you need the additional features? Sounds like a judgement call there, just how bad is the urge?

i don't know? how bad do i want the trackball on my brand new $299+ unit to work? it's a judgment call.

res ipsa loquitur
    Last edited by cvaria; 10-28-09 at 02:10 PM.
    10-28-09 02:07 PM
    alsobob: I'm doing the same thing Friday with my Tour to wait for this one to come out!

Did you use your new every two when you bought the Tour though? The CSR didn't know if I would get that back when I returned the phone.
    10-28-09 02:08 PM
    Hmmm, that video doesn't say if there's a new camera or not. Fingers crossed, but not a huge deal, I'm not a Berryrazzi.

10-28-09 02:11 PM
    I just got back from checking out the Storm 2 and I was dissapointed. So now, I'm definitely waiting for the Tour 2
    10-28-09 02:33 PM
    I heard the Storm 2 was disappointing too
    10-28-09 03:17 PM
    The video definitely shows a 3.2MP camera. So it really looks like the only changes are trackpad and Wifi, like Kevin said.
    As long as my Tour keeps working as perfectly as it is now (been August since it was replaced) I don't see any reason to upgrade.
    10-28-09 05:26 PM
    I will be forcing my work to buy me this.
    10-28-09 05:45 PM
    I just canceled my order for my Tour. They asked why and i said "There is a new tour coming out, and I am not buying this one and having a new one come out a month or two later..."

Lady on the phone said "Yes, we're getting it soon, but I don't have an ETA yet."

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

It BETTER be the same price.

also, would this dock work for the Tour 2?
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry 9630 [Bulk Packaging]: Cell Phones & Service
    Last edited by theunknownone; 10-28-09 at 07:04 PM.
    10-28-09 06:52 PM
    I just canceled my order for my Tour. They asked why and i said "There is a new tour coming out, and I am not buying this one and having a new one come out a month or two later..."

Lady on the phone said "Yes, we're getting it soon, but I don't have an ETA yet."

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

It BETTER be the same price.
    That's GREAT to hear! see people! it's coming very soon
    10-28-09 07:04 PM
    That's GREAT to hear! see people! it's coming very soon
    Yeah I was really pressuring the issue.

I was like "I would love the Tour, but there is no way I am getting this now, and having a new one come out within a month or two!"

So she just couldn't give me a date. I work with someone who deals with Verizon, I will be poking around him to find out a date if possible.

I want it now, I am tired of waiting.
    10-28-09 07:06 PM
    Yeah I was really pressuring the issue.

I was like "I would love the Tour, but there is no way I am getting this now, and having a new one come out within a month or two!"

So she just couldn't give me a date. I work with someone who deals with Verizon, I will be poking around him to find out a date if possible.

I want it now, I am tired of waiting.
    keep us updated!

i'm sure it will be be out for the holiday season!
    10-28-09 07:16 PM
    keep us updated!

i'm sure it will be be out for the holiday season!
    I shall try. I am not sure how much info I can get from him. He knew of the new Curve and storm though. SO I trust him.
    10-28-09 07:23 PM
    Remember people, this is just one of the first that we catch a glimpse of. History shows that they always or most of the time improve the device before actuall release. I hope they integrate the rubberized convenience keys as in the newer models. As far as the camera goes, dont really care but it would be awesome.

Storm 2 in my opinion wasnt all that I expected to be. I will just stick to my classic Storm for now. My main issue is I dont want to go thru the same learning and buggy process as the classic Storm. For the first time Storm buyer it might be worth your while but not for me. I owe it to myself to get a great phone right off the bat. Thats the way it should be. Dont get me wrong I was eagerly and patiently wating for the Storm 2 but its a no go for me. This is all my opinion only, just felt I had to let out the frustration.

ps. As far the essex goes I really hope they dont rush it. I want rubberized keys lol. Like Kevin said its rummered to be in production. We will see.
    Last edited by kid108; 10-28-09 at 07:51 PM.
    10-28-09 07:30 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD