I purchased the Storm1 on launch day (Nov 21st) last year, and when I went to get a Storm2 was denied my early upgrade because it hasn't been a full year yet. They say I will be able to upgrade on Nov 22nd, but I'd rather not wait another month. Am I the only Storm1 owner having this problem? Note: My phone IS the primary line.
    10-28-09 11:01 AM
    I was just told the same thing. Also purchased my Storm on 11/21
    10-28-09 11:05 AM
    do what i do, call customer service / client care and just *****, ******, ******. ull get it

also, threaten to cancel since you arent being taken care of. most providers rather give u an upgrade then have you leave
    10-28-09 11:05 AM
    No, you won't. We're NOT going to allow you to break your contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 11:07 AM
    OR, just wait less than a month and then upgrade without hassle. The Storm w/OS .328 is great and not all that different from the Storm2. There is so little difference why go to battle over 25 days?
    10-28-09 11:10 AM
    No, you won't. We're NOT going to allow you to break your contract.

As I've posted elsewhere, my experience is treat ccare the way you want to be treated (with respect, concern and humor) and they will make things happen for you. I bought my S1 on 11/21/08 also, and upgraded today with manager approval of the early upgrade (purchased over the phone). Good luck.
    10-28-09 11:10 AM
    But now they are releasing the Storm 3 end of March.
    10-28-09 11:18 AM
    but now they are releasing the storm 3 end of march.
    must get!!!! ;-)
    10-28-09 11:22 AM
    LOL just had to poke a little fun.

Back on topic, I'm not sure how Verizon's system works. Back a few years ago when I was on a LG dumbphone, I walked in wanting to upgrade to a BB8830. They let me upgrade after only having my LG for a year, no problem.

I left Verizon for an iPhone, but since I knew I was moving to Montana, and there was no ATT service, I cancelled ATT and got an LG Voyager back in July of 2008. So I should have been eligable for the year upgrade in July of 2009 right?

Last December, even after reading the bad reviews, I open a new line to get a Storm, well 2 units later, I was fed up, so got the Curve w/in 30 days. This was all on the new line I started, but I switched the device to my other line and put a dumbphone on the new line. So it wasn't considered an upgrade.

I should have had the July 2009 yearly upgrade, but they said no go, so I called Verizon, and they made me eligible for the yearly upgade this December, the date that I did the original Storm. Funny thing is, my NE2 in February 2010...something's not right.
    10-28-09 11:39 AM
    As I've posted elsewhere, my experience is treat ccare the way you want to be treated (with respect, concern and humor) and they will make things happen for you. I bought my S1 on 11/21/08 also, and upgraded today with manager approval of the early upgrade (purchased over the phone). Good luck.
    Soooo whats the official word then? Is it Nov 22nd upgrade for Day 1 purchasers or is it case by case basis?
    10-28-09 11:40 AM
    Soooo whats the official word then? Is it Nov 22nd upgrade for Day 1 purchasers or is it case by case basis?
    A sweet disposition and a friendly/respectful tone of voice will go a long way towards getting a sales rep/CSR to make things happen for you.....
    10-28-09 11:43 AM
    A sweet disposition and a friendly/respectful tone of voice will go a long way towards getting a sales rep/CSR to make things happen for you.....
    Guess I'm sending my fiance' in there then! LOL
    10-28-09 11:47 AM
    In that case, I would also recommend teary eyes, a halter top, and "daisy dukes".

I tried that once but they just called the cops......
    10-28-09 11:50 AM
    If you are sending her out, send her my way, can't guarantee a new storm, but we can work something out ;D lol. Had to. Back to topic, it should be case by case and depending on your account status and length, as well as your professional attitude. I don't think it would be hard to get an early upgrade for SOME PEOPLE. Me included, but I am waiting for the droid.

10-28-09 11:54 AM
    In that case, I would also recommend teary eyes, a halter top, and "daisy dukes".

I tried that once but they just called the cops......
    I'm guessing because your name is ADAM!?! O.o

10-28-09 11:55 AM
    I really don't see what the issue here is. So you have to wait a month... big deal.

The person that suggested threatening them by canceling your account if they don't upgrade you is, simply stated, wrong. True, they don't want to lose your business and sometimes they do do this on a case-by-case basis, but the reality of it is that they don't need you or your money and, under ordinary circumstances, they will wish you well on your way to finding a new provider and you'll be left with nothing.... aside from an EFT (if applicable).
    10-28-09 11:58 AM
    OR, just wait less than a month and then upgrade without hassle. The Storm w/OS .328 is great and not all that different from the Storm2. There is so little difference why go to battle over 25 days?
    +1

Less than a month away. By then, if there are bugs, they may be fixed! I would wait if I were you.
    10-28-09 12:00 PM
    It's been said that if you call up customer service and discuss it with them in a clam, professional and respectful manor they are more than likely to oblige..because if you a month is irrelevant when you're signing another 2 year contract
    10-28-09 12:01 PM
    I was offered an early annual upgrade and my ne2 today

10-28-09 12:01 PM
    I went in today an didn't have any issues with anyone. They moved my early upgrade up an gave my storm 2 today.

10-28-09 12:02 PM
    I bought my Storm on day 1 and it looks like I can order the Storm2 on the website for 179.99. Am I missing something?

10-28-09 12:04 PM
    I'm guessing because your name is ADAM!?! O.o

Maybe that is why I never got that job at "Hooters" too.....
    10-28-09 12:07 PM
    i was approved and i got min 12/29 but i had to call cs to do it
    10-28-09 12:10 PM
    I've always had success if I handle cs firm but respectful. Also hung up once when I saw it not going my way and called back and got different cs playing a lost call. It was almost to easy with the second cs.

I'm caught in a decision though of wanting the S2 but pretty happy with my S1 for now and month of bug tweaks could be a good move. The opposite side is that the website is offering a bogo deal but for how long? What to do?
    10-28-09 12:22 PM
    So Verizon said they wouldn't upgrade without being eligible how strange??? Sometimes I go to the bank at 6am and try to get in even though they are closed... Its strange that I couldn't get something I wanted early simply because there are sets of rules in place...
    10-28-09 12:26 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD