I recently bought a black trackball for my Bold off ebay. It was supposed to be 100% OEM, but after installing it, the scrolling was terrible. Can anyone tell me what the best black trackball is or what you have used and liked? I love the black trackball on the Tour. Is that compatible with the Bold? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by cruzinnow; 10-28-09 at 11:00 AM.
    10-28-09 10:51 AM
    There really isn't a Best Trackball. Sometimes, people get lucky, and on others, you get a dud. Though, I've bought my stuff from cnn.cn and they have oem parts that work. Worth the money.
    10-28-09 11:22 AM
    +1 on cnn.cn, bought one for my 8320 works like a charm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 11:25 AM
    yeah def cnn.cn is the place to go . installed the g1 trackball and it worked great.
    10-28-09 12:23 PM
    you could also check out sw-box.com
    10-28-09 12:29 PM
    how did you guys hear of cnn.nn?
    10-28-09 12:30 PM
    A Black Sharpie works great
    10-28-09 12:40 PM
    I had the same problem when I replaced my gfs 8900 trackball with a pink one. What I did to fix it was taking the original accembly apart, take the original black ball out then taking the aftermarket assembly apart take the pink ball out and put the pink ball into the original assembly. I think It has to do with how the aftermarket sits on the curcit board or maybe its the magnectic rollers on the aftermarket. But either way replacing the ball only and using the original rollers and assembly worked for me.

10-28-09 01:50 PM
    Pmonmon on ebay or dealsishop.com. I wouldn't suggest cnn.cn because there are quite a few customer complaints and where there is smoke there is fire.

10-28-09 02:09 PM
    How hard are the trackballs to install?
    10-30-09 08:16 AM
    How hard are the trackballs to install?
    The trackball on the bold is pretty easy to install. There isn't anything tricky about it. You will have to open the case though, so be prepared to void your warranty if you still have one.
    11-06-09 07:12 PM
    I believe I have mastered the Bold trackball setup...I have used multiple configurations and have been most pleased with the Black 8900 trackball from CNN.CN...the trick is to install it on you Bold without using the metal retaining clip...works beautifully...just drop it in there and let the menu and back keys hold it in place

11-06-09 09:33 PM
    I believe I have mastered the Bold trackball setup...I have used multiple configurations and have been most pleased with the Black 8900 trackball from CNN.CN...the trick is to install it on you Bold without using the metal retaining clip...works beautifully...just drop it in there and let the menu and back keys hold it in place

oh really? i gotta try that one day. (when i get bored)
    11-06-09 09:39 PM
    That metal retaining clip is useless if you ask me...the newer models do not use it and I definately think the ball moves much better without it

11-06-09 09:44 PM
    the best trackball seems to be the white ones. I bought several black ones (sw-box..ebay) all crapped out within 2 days.

Im using a stock 8320 trackball on my Bold. works awesome.
    11-06-09 11:51 PM
    if i buy the g1 off cnn.cn will it work with my bold?
    04-29-10 04:55 PM
    Pmonmon on ebay or dealsishop.com. I wouldn't suggest cnn.cn because there are quite a few customer complaints and where there is smoke there is fire.

I back that they are the same shop............very good stuff just got one yesterday...
    04-29-10 06:43 PM
    you bought from pmonmon? did it work nicely?
    04-29-10 07:23 PM

i havent had any problems with cnn.cn . customer service is actually great. it wasnt there fault as i ordered an 8520 backplate and didnt notice that there are different versions of it. so they sent the one i needed no questions asked.

dealsishop.com is pretty good with their oem stuff. got my white and black trackball off them happy with the quality. just didnt like their black bezel compared to cnns one.
    Last edited by LOY80Y; 04-30-10 at 04:41 AM. Reason: added more info
    04-30-10 04:40 AM
    the best trackball seems to be the white ones. I bought several black ones (sw-box..ebay) all crapped out within 2 days.

Im using a stock 8320 trackball on my Bold. works awesome.
    ive had mine easy for a few months and seem to work fine. i find the coloured ones fail within a few days. black and white trackballs have lasted me long. just dont like using a white one coz it does get dirty easily.
    04-30-10 04:43 AM
    if i buy the g1 off cnn.cn will it work with my bold?
    yes it should.

yea i bought my black one off pmonmon (dealsishop). the trackball felt like as if i just bought a brand new phone.
    04-30-10 04:46 AM
    it was made to order for my bold feels like when i had it on the first day and took me only a day to get it with my black bezel. One thing about pmommon is that the bezel comes complete you dont have to replace nothingjust swap them out
    05-01-10 07:24 AM
    G1 Trackball has been the best for me, aside from the OEM white ball.

05-01-10 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD