I just downloaded .328 and now when I am typing a text in the vertical position with SureType enabled, everytime I try to type just the letter "I" it always puts "U" first. If I wanted to type " I love this new os! " It would put " U love this new os! ". I hit the "UI" button once it places a capital "U" then if I delete it and hit it again, the second time it puts a lower case "u", I have to delete twice and for it to select the "I" that I was originally needing. Is this a problem in the software or is there a setting that I can change that tells my phone, everytime I use the "UI" button (and there is only one letter used) to use the "I" and not the "U"?
    10-28-09 10:29 AM
    the suretype dictionary should be killed with fire
    10-28-09 10:31 AM
    I just downloaded .328 and now when I am typing a text in the vertical position with SureType enabled, everytime I try to type just the letter "I" it always puts "U" first. If I wanted to type " I love this new os! " It would put " U love this new os! ". I hit the "UI" button once it places a capital "U" then if I delete it and hit it again, the second time it puts a lower case "u", I have to delete twice and for it to select the "I" that I was originally needing. Is this a problem in the software or is there a setting that I can change that tells my phone, everytime I use the "UI" button (and there is only one letter used) to use the "I" and not the "U"?
    Not sure why that's happening with your keyboard, I just tried mine and when I press the "IU" key followed by space on surepress keyboard it shows as "I" every time. I tried your example and it came out as expected.
    10-28-09 11:03 AM
    Only seems to happen in sms. Make sure "Autotext" in sms in enabled, and put "I" for "u" in autocorrect and you will not have the problem anymore.
    10-28-09 11:05 AM
    I have that problem unless I capitalize the �I� when I initially type it.... Proper english and all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 11:13 AM
    Thanks Stevealb, that works. I'm not sure if that's the correct fix, but it works, and that's what I need.
    10-28-09 12:01 PM
    Only seems to happen in sms. Make sure "Autotext" in sms in enabled, and put "I" for "u" in autocorrect and you will not have the problem anymore.
    Sorry a little blackberry slow - how do you do this? This problem is causing some major confusion on the other end of my texts
    10-29-09 01:37 AM
    the suretype dictionary should be killed with fire
    My thoughts exactly!

10-29-09 01:52 AM
    GO back and fix it. It should remember this. It will input the last word used for that combination of keys. For instance, boy and not. I use both words frequently, so this pisses me off to no end.
    10-29-09 02:11 AM
    Make sure that "U" or "u" is not in your custom dictionary. You may have typed it in at one point for something else (just a thought..) and it may take that over I? Just a thought. I went through my custom dictionary the other day and deleted A TON of things that were saved there mistakenly (from my typos, usually drunken) and caused things to come up when typing inadvertently.

I could be way off.
    10-29-09 05:08 AM
    Sorry a little blackberry slow - how do you do this? This problem is causing some major confusion on the other end of my texts
    Options-->Autotext-->Blackberry button-->"New"

In the "Replace" section put "I" (without quotes)

In the "with" section put "u"

"Using" choose "smartcase"

As for allowing autotext in sms messages, go to Options-->SMS Text-->"Disable Autotext" should be set to "No"
    10-29-09 06:23 AM
    Options-->Autotext-->Blackberry button-->"New"

In the "Replace" section put "I" (without quotes)

In the "with" section put "u"

"Using" choose "smartcase"
    Thanks, I don't know why it would suggest that. Maybe RIM thinks we want to all text like 13 year old girls and write "U" instead of "you".

10-29-09 09:45 AM
    Plug into DM and go into Backup/Restore and Advanced. Look for Common Word or Recent Word List or something like that (can't remember) for a database and clear it. That'll get rid of the learned words it saved when you kept typing "U" instead of "You".
    10-29-09 09:58 AM
    autotext fix works like a charm...
    this problem annoyed me for so long it was driving me nuts
    12-08-09 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD