CC'd from: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/883...ml#post3936455 since the mods moved the thread.

So, I wanted to reinstall Opera Mini. It's been a little quirky ever since I upgraded to the hybrid, and I figured a reinstall would fix.

When I ran the Application Loader, something vexed me. BlackBerry Messenger was unchecked as though it were uninstalled, and the action to be performed was "remove." Since the hybrid has some of the core 5.0 files, I managed to OTA install BB Messenger 5.0. I already re-did Messenger once. I don't want to have to do it again.

So, I marked the checkbox. When I did, the action to be performed changed to "downgrade."

Neither of these options are acceptable to me, and I'm not sure how to proceed. I guess there is nothing I can do with the App Loader unless I can find some kind of work around. Any recommendations?
    10-28-09 09:14 AM
    Skunkd? Statman? Anyone?
    11-04-09 03:04 PM
    I guess that the community support for this hybrid has disappeared.
    11-19-09 08:25 AM
    Uhhh...just saw your post, but I'm confused...you want to re-download Opera mini...just do it from your phone:

here is the link and it is the new OM beta 5...works great.

I stay away from the app loader in DM (if that is what you are talking about).
    Last edited by Statman; 11-19-09 at 10:58 AM.
    11-19-09 10:48 AM
    That's not a bad idea. Though, since loading the hybrid, I've stepped away from Opera Beta 5. I think I like the older version better.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure all of the old files were off before reinstalling. I guess my option is that, or to back up my BBM 5.0 contacts, nuke 5.0, and then reload 5.0. Thank you!
    11-19-09 01:46 PM
    the link I posted will get you 4.2 as well....you can also delete apps from the device.
    11-19-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD