Hi All,

I just went through the upgrade to the official Verizon 5.0 update. The install went fine, and I have successfully reactivated my Enterprise service (emails coming through/going out fine).

I had the same problem that many have had with BBM, but was able to resolve it based on the threads out there. However my Enterpise Messenger (Office Communicator 2005) won't come back. I've deleted and reinstalled, I can see it in the Applications list inside of Options->Applications->Add On. But I can't get it to show up, and it's not a choice when I create a new message (i.e. SMS, email, PIN, etc).

Anyone have this issue to (and hopefully surmount it)?

Thanks for the help
    10-28-09 09:07 AM
    Most of the time you need to setup the email again. Ask the administrator to set up an activation password for you and then you can go into your setup-email setup and select "I want to use a work email account with a blackberry Enterprise Server" next and then put in your email and the activation password they setup for you. That will go through and resync your phone with the BES server.
    10-28-09 09:11 AM
    Email is working fine and the reactivation went smoothly. It's just instant messaging through Office Communicator. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.
    10-28-09 09:15 AM
    AHH sorry that's my fault I'm at work and read it quickly. I have no experience with office communicator sorry. Someone else will chime in i'm sure!

So it was an option before when creating a message?

Have you used the "show all" option to see if it is hidden somewhere as an archive?
    10-28-09 09:17 AM
    Yes, it was there as an option previously and I have tried show all (no luck in any folder).

Wish there was a way to force an icon out of the Applications List.
    10-28-09 10:21 AM
    Not sure if this is true for Office Communicator (but since it is a RIM Enterprise messenger product) but the IT folks at my employer said they are testing a version of Enterprise messenger for 5.0 and the previous version will not work with 5.0. (We use Lotus Sametime)
    10-28-09 12:00 PM
    That would make sense. The RIM site from where you can download it has 2 which state specifically that it works for 4.7.0 and 4.7.1 OS. I didn't see a 5.0 version. So I could just be out of luck.

The pain of running ahead of Corporate IT I guess...
    10-28-09 12:27 PM
    Looks like the blackberry site was updated earlier this month with the latest versions for 2005 (2007 had already been there)

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...CB0EC7C&step=4

Thanks all
    11-15-09 07:00 AM
    There is no 5.0 update for Live Communications Server 2005. It is a discontinued product. To use Enterprise Messenger and 5.0 your company will need to upgrade to Office Commincations Server 2007.
    11-15-09 08:30 AM
    I just updated my 9530 to 5.0.023. I am using Lotus Sametime and remember some trick to get the icon to appear. Enterpirse messenger appears in my app list but there is no icon. Cannot locate this trick in previous forums.
    12-03-09 10:39 AM
    nevermind, went to RIM's site, downloaded newest version and all is well
    12-03-09 12:33 PM
    I had it on old pearl flip. Upgraded to Bold 9700 (t-mobile) installed from company link and icon not showing. Done everything I can think of from hidden icons to battery pulls
    12-29-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD