I sent out an email to a bunch of acquaintances. Naturally it went out with the signature line "Sent from BlackBerry via T-Mobile". I was hanging out with them later and whipped out my Flip to put it on vibrate. One of the guys glanced at it and said, "Don't you have a BlackBerry, too?"

And *that* is why I have a blackberry Flip! Little "b" as opposed to big "B".

Anyone else have an "I didn't realize that was a BlackBerry" story?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 08:59 AM
    I don't understand......are you ashamed to let people know that you have a BB...??
    10-29-09 07:35 AM
    I don't understand......are you ashamed to let people know that you have a BB...??
    No I think he means it's a being different thing....

10-29-09 10:45 AM
    Oh.....ok.....I misunderstood.....haha
    10-29-09 07:11 PM
    I get that on a regular basis. I went from a Pearl to a Curve for about a year and a half before getting the Flip (FOR the Flip factor) and I hear, "Hey, what happened to your BlackBerry?" all the time. I explain to people that this IS a BlackBerry and let them play with it. They usually really like it once they realize what it is, and what it can do.
    10-29-09 07:28 PM
    I had the opposite thing happen to me, I pulled out my phone at the office and a co-worker said to me "Oh I Sooo want one of those" I said, "you know what this is?" she said "Yeah, Blackberry Pearl flip 8220". The interesting thing was she had either a G1 or a Sidekick (I wasn't in a position to see it well ehough)
    10-30-09 10:57 AM
    once at work a fellow employee asked me to show him my phone because he thought it was nice...well he was looking at it and quickly said..oh my this looks almost like a Blackberry.....and of course my face changed to a frown and my only response was "dude ...it doesn't look like one.... it is a blackberry..." followed by a swift give me back my phone hand action LOL.
    10-31-09 01:47 AM
    I kind of experienced one of those moments the day I got my Flip. I traded my Pearl for a Pearl Flip and the day it came in the mail I set everything up immediately and began using it. That night my fianc� came home from work, saw the phone in my hand, and asked "That's a BlackBerry?!" He had no clue that they made a Flip version and was surprised by it.

10-31-09 06:43 PM
    Yeah one of my friends the other day I hadnt seen in a while saw me out with my Flip and was like, "Didnt you used to have the 8900?" I did my best Austin Powers impression and told him, "I still have a Blackberry, and I shall call him, Mini B."
    12-29-09 01:13 PM
    I did my best Austin Powers impression and told him, "I still have a Blackberry, and I shall call him, Mini B."
    Technically that's a Dr. Evil impression, but since Mike Meyers plays both characters, I guess it is sort of OK.
    12-29-09 04:10 PM
    I was at a job site and using my phone when one of the project managers approached me said that someone in my line of work should get a Blackberry. I told him that I have one and this is it. He was surprised.
    12-29-09 09:01 PM
    I get this sometimes, as well as the reverse. Pull out a Nokia E-series when I have one and I get "Ooooh, which BB is that?"
    01-01-10 04:38 PM
    I am waiting in line for something like the bank, starbucks, or somewhere. I pull out my phone to put something on play and some person near me say what kind of phone is that? They get surprised that its a blackberry.
    01-11-10 05:01 AM
    My sister saw mine and said "how cute, no more **** dialing!" Marketing worked.
    01-11-10 02:29 PM
    I like the 8220 flip, it's lighter than the bold and I can carry it around all day long without getting tired! Also the babes love flip phones!
    01-11-10 04:45 PM
    i cloaked mine with a black rubberized jacket on the front - to disguise the fact that it's a BB. there so much buzz about RIM products that i was afraid it would be a target for thieves. my paranoid!
    01-11-10 07:18 PM
    Yeah one of my friends the other day I hadnt seen in a while saw me out with my Flip and was like, "Didnt you used to have the 8900?" I did my best Austin Powers impression and told him, "I still have a Blackberry, and I shall call him, Mini B."
    ROFLMAO good one.
    01-13-10 10:44 PM
    My sister saw mine and said "how cute, no more **** dialing!" Marketing worked.
    You know, i'm surprised that girl in that commercial didn't get slapped lol...
    01-13-10 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD