Hey Crackberry Nation,

We know most of you are waiting for tomorrows Storm 2 launch from Verizon. We just want to let you all know that the unlocking of the Storm 2 9550 is already available.

A local Verizon manager here contacted us to unlock his Storm 2 (which he is not suppose to have yet ) and unlock was successful! It was tested with a T-mobile and AT&T SIM card and worked well.

If you are one of the lucky ones getting your Storm 2 tomorrow, let us know..we will be giving out some codes for free as a launch promo!
    10-27-09 10:31 PM
    100% Success Rate up to now for all Blackberry Storm 2 unlocking.
    11-01-09 11:17 PM
    I just got a Storm 2. If you can provide an unlock code plus instructions, that would be great.
    Thanks!
    11-05-09 07:11 PM
    I just got a Storm 2. If you can provide an unlock code plus instructions, that would be great.
    Thanks!
    Yes we can, you can place the order on our website.
    11-05-09 07:12 PM
    Sure, call 800-711-8300, select opt 3 (that's VZW global services.) Tell them that you will be traveling internationally and need your Storm2 unlocked (please.) As long as you're a customer in good standing, have been with them for (I believe) 6 months, and meet a couple of other minor criteria they'll either give you the code over the phone and tell you how to input it, or email it to you with instructions. I got mine over the phone... whole thing took 5 minutes. And was free.
    11-05-09 07:14 PM
    Yes always try with your provider before.
    11-05-09 07:16 PM
    i got unlock code from verizon and when i put in my tmobile card i get "no circuit/Channel available" even after I updated host routing tables and registered with network.
    11-10-09 04:31 PM
    Have you changed it to 2G?
    11-10-09 04:52 PM
    i got unlock code from verizon and when i put in my tmobile card i get "no circuit/Channel available" even after I updated host routing tables and registered with network.
    It's a known issue with some Storms/Tours running on T-Mobile USA
    11-10-09 04:53 PM
    If your provider will not give you an unlock code, we provide instant remote unlock service for BB Storm 2 code is usually generated within 30 minutes and will be provided via e-mail along with complete instructions. Also, We can help you to get the Correct OS for the Storm 2 that works best with other carriers besides Verizon. This is very important. Also, we are much cheaper and faster than all others Guaranteed or your money back. Home
    11-19-09 04:36 PM
    I'm going to keep this for future references since I may be purchasing a Storm 2 in the near future, hopefully before the holiday season & I'd like to use it on T-Mobile or At&t.
    11-19-09 07:33 PM
    I just swapped out a faulty storm 2 that was only a day old, and I had had it unlocked by VZW. Do you know of they will give me any problems with unlocking this one? If not I'm going to contact you to get a code...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 12:00 AM
    We can always unlock it for u. They may still unlock it. Let us know.

11-21-09 12:04 AM
    I just swapped out a faulty storm 2 that was only a day old, and I had had it unlocked by VZW. Do you know of they will give me any problems with unlocking this one? If not I'm going to contact you to get a code...

Always worth calling them and try to get it for free, or else we will be more then happy to help you unlock your Blackberry.
    11-21-09 12:20 AM
    Always worth calling them and try to get it for free, or else we will be more then happy to help you unlock your Blackberry.

Cellunlocknet got me fixed up today. Even gave me speedy email support when i had a few issues. Data still seems in and out and had to reload service books after a battery pull but guess thats expected
    12-23-09 09:18 PM
    We tell eveyone to call their carrier first. If someone has ATT and they buy a Verizon Storm, calling Verizon will not get them an unlock code because you need to be a customer. As for eBay sellers, they are fly by oprations. We run business with live help and customer support even though we will match any legitimate price. Our codes are emailed instantly and we accept credit cards for those that don't want to use paypal. Some customers will also not mind paying a little more instead of having to register through eBay and paypal just to buy a code.

Hope that clears it up a little for you

next time you need a code let us know.

12-29-09 03:23 PM
    We tell eveyone to call their carrier first. If someone has ATT and they buy a Verizon Storm, calling Verizon will not get them an unlock code because you need to be a customer. As for eBay sellers, they are fly by oprations. We run business with live help and customer support even though we will match any legitimate price. Our codes are emailed instantly and we accept credit cards for those that don't want to use paypal. Some customers will also not mind paying a little more instead of having to register through eBay and paypal just to buy a code.

Hope that clears it up a little for you

next time you need a code let us know.

Curious though, how does $69.99 or even $34.99 justify as "a little more"? Those are rip-off prices Take the time to read the feedback from this seller and not one stated they couldn't reach or contact the seller and from what I read those that had problems were contacted by the seller immediately, so once again I ask, where is the justification in the price.

As for Ebay sellers being "fly by operations" how did you come up with that notion? I'd say almost 2000 (two thousand) POSITIVE feedbacks doesn't put this seller in a "fly by operation"
    12-29-09 03:56 PM
    Curious though, how does $69.99 or even $34.99 justify as "a little more"? Those are rip-off prices Take the time to read the feedback from this seller and not one stated they couldn't reach or contact the seller and from what I read those that had problems were contacted by the seller immediately, so once again I ask, where is the justification in the price.

As for Ebay sellers being "fly by operations" how did you come up with that notion? I'd say almost 2000 (two thousand) POSITIVE feedbacks doesn't put this seller in a "fly by operation"
    First off, Crackberry members get 50% by using coupon code as you can see in our sig.

Second, we didn't read the sellers feedback, I am sure he is legitimate, but all Ebay businesses are based on nothing, they sign up and sell, anybody can sell on Ebay, we use to be Ebay and we know how Ebay works. They appear any day and dissapear everyday. The day Ebay shuts you down you are history. Where as all unlocker here, not only us, have websites that we manage, update and support. We don't pay Ebay fees to sell our items, we drive traffic to our site which is the hardest thing to do online. We will never compete with Ebay as there is no comparison at all. The seller can have 25000 feedbacks and can be shut down by Ebay for Digital Delivery Infringment

Point is, buy a code at $2.99 from that seller and then try to get help or troubleshooting, i'm sure he will get back to you for $2.99 , maybe he will but not all will. Or ask him to spend an hour with you on the phone to help you set the Service Books on your phone, for $2.99?

Not here to fight with anyone, but for you to say we're a rip-off is not right, compare apples with apples!
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 12-29-09 at 04:12 PM.
    12-29-09 04:07 PM
    1. The unlockers we see regularly visiting our forums and freely helping members (not only with unlocking) are all running a legitimate registered business - mostly with "real" business premises. The ebay sellers are often moonlighting, and at the prices they charge, not paying taxes or registered as businesses (does this have implications for support and safety of payment?). Some may be reselling stolen codes from their day job, or playing "bait & switch" with a higher priced final sale.

2. The correct price for a commodity is the maximum the market will accept and still sell all the product in the target time. For a virtual service like unlocking that means ... and still get the target rate/volume of business. If the volume is too high and you can't handle it, either get more phone lines or increase the price to push volume down a little.
    12-29-09 04:23 PM
    Thank you! Very well said!
    12-29-09 04:31 PM
    First off, Crackberry members get 50% by using coupon code as you can see in our sig.

Second, we didn't read the sellers feedback, I am sure he is legitimate, but all Ebay businesses are based on nothing, they sign up and sell, anybody can sell on Ebay, we use to be Ebay and we know how Ebay works. They appear any day and dissapear everyday. The day Ebay shuts you down you are history. Where as all unlocker here, not only us, have websites that we manage, update and support. We don't pay Ebay fees to sell our items, we drive traffic to our site which is the hardest thing to do online. We will never compete with Ebay as there is no comparison at all. The seller can have 25000 feedbacks and can be shut down by Ebay for Digital Delivery Infringment

Point is, buy a code at $2.99 from that seller and then try to get help or troubleshooting, i'm sure he will get back to you for $2.99 , maybe he will but not all will. Or ask him to spend an hour with you on the phone to help you set the Service Books on your phone, for $2.99?

Not here to fight with anyone, but for you to say we're a rip-off is not right, compare apples with apples!
    Your telling me to compare "apples to apples" when these codes don't cost money to begin with and your scolding me about calling you a "rip off"

Your seriously gonna tell me it cost you $34.99 for a code?

Besides your actions in the way you "tattle-taled" speaks for itself.

I was merely trying to help other CB'rs out here like myself save some money, but I see your concern is making sure others don't find out that their paying far too much for a bunch of numbers they can get for FREE.

" oh, oh, moderators, there's someone trying to take my business away, hurry up and delete his post b4 everyone realizes we're ripping them off." Whatever!
    12-29-09 04:33 PM
    Wow, if you think these codes are free, why don't you get them for us and we'll pay you for them? You'll be making more money then you can imagine.

By the way some codes costs us as much as $55 a code (Sidekick)! But if you can get them for free for us we'll pay you $50 per code, how's that?

Why do you think mods will remove posts for us?? they do it when some members have no respect for others and talk the way you do. They volunteer to keep this community fair and clean.

Last year we gave away 18000 free codes, you think we got them for free? you think we had 5 employees working a month for free just process and deliver these codes? think again.

You haven't invented the wheel! everyone knows Ebay is cheaper and anyone is free to go buy there. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Don't ever forget that. The day you get burnt on Ebay maybe you'll think differently.

P.S...Your sig says it all, you're obviously frustrated or are you advertising?! No further comment.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 12-29-09 at 04:55 PM.
    12-29-09 04:51 PM
    But Joel, your post is still there - unlike the one advertising an ebay sale, which another moderator removed because we DO NOT allow direct sales advertising here on the forums. From there I followed my nose to find one user being rude about another.

You are right about free from some networks - and the guy you attacked is one of the few unlockers who makes this point regularly. He goes out of his way to guide potential customers to try the zero cost option before they pay.

I stand by what I said about the rates. If the businesses were charging rates perceived as poor value for money they would go out of business or reduce the rates. Clearly sufficient customers think they are providing good value, and they are prepared to pay for quality of service.

Joel, if you want to debate prices, please do it without gratuitous insults to other members. We don't tolerate harassment, and we don't tolerate attacks on other members.
    12-29-09 05:04 PM
    Thank you Branta.

No reason for us to get mad either, Joel has his opinion and we respect it as well, we just wanted to make a point not only for us but for all unlockers who run legitimate websites, that we don't "rip people off", we clearly tell customers that if they want to unlock a phone for which they've had service on for more then 90 days to call their carrier and they can get it for free (not in Canada).

Yes you can maybe the same item on Ebay for cheaper, but we are not arguing the item itself (unlock code) but the service, which is what we and all other unlockers here offer. It's not about delivering the unlock code, but about about making sure the customer does it right and understands all the steps. We will also make sure that the customer gets all features working after unlocking, and even if that means emailing back and forth and calling the customer to make sure he gets what he paid for.

But to us doesn't mean that because ex: Apple sells a Macbook Pro more expensive then what they sell on Ebay that they are "rip-offs", or that because a developer sells an app, that can be found for free on the internet that they are "rip-offs". I'd rather pay and have piece of mind

No hard feelings, just want to make sure point is made.
    12-29-09 07:13 PM
    we DO NOT allow direct sales advertising here on the forums. From there I followed my nose to find one user being rude about another.
    I'm new here, but with all due respect, allowing unlockers to proliferate on these forums, where their user ID + ".com" is their Website, and their sigs provide "we can unlock your phone", well, just disallowing POST content from having ads is ineffective: all these other means the unlockers use are ads, plain and simple. Forum mods don't get to say what is or isn't an ad: users do, and I perceive there are unlock code vendors "running ads" up and down the dunes on this site. Not that I'm complaining, but let's deal with reality here.

In fact, this entire topic is an ad, and with a misleading title "how to unlock" when what is ACTUALLY being provided is just a link to commercial sites who sell unlock codes, and the topic was started by a commercial vendor who sells unlock codes. How is this entire topic not an ad (aside from this debate rendering it so much more!)

I stand by what I said about the rates. If the businesses were charging rates perceived as poor value for money they would go out of business or reduce the rates. Clearly sufficient customers think they are providing good value, and they are prepared to pay for quality of service.
    ...but knowledge is power: if you knew it took them 10 seconds to generate the code, and all you had to do was enter the code following a "push this button. enter this code. push that button" type of directions, would you be willing to pay $40? Vendors of costly unlock codes rely on the marketplace being ignorant to the cost of the product. Now, EVERYBODY knows that Coke and Pepsi and other soft drinks cost the companies about 3 cents to produce, but still seem fine with paying $1.50 at stores (personally, not me!) so if we can get to a point where everybody knows what the real cost to vendors of generating unlock codes is, and not let it be surrounded by mystery and assumptions, then the real cost to the vendor will be reflected in competitive pricing in the market. The riff-raff vendors will exit the market, and everyone benefits.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 01-06-10 at 12:30 PM.
    01-06-10 12:23 PM
113 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD