Hey All,

BIG DAY on the 28th - BlackBerry Storm2 Available for purchase. Wanted to set up one thread here so people can post their photos and initial, initial reactions upon first holding it. Will keep this stickied for the day.

Will be curious to see if any locations get lineups (if so, snap a photo - can post here or email to [email protected]).

Also curious to see everybody's initial reactions to the device...

Happy Storm2 shopping!

Kevin
    10-27-09 09:54 PM
    CPUgeek said you said it wasn't launching 'til late November, what gives??? LOL, back on topic!! I will be interested to see!!! No disrespect Kevin about calling you CPUgeek's brothers girlfriends dads cousin!!!
    10-27-09 10:04 PM
    Should I take a picture of myself half asleep at my PC ordering at 3am ET?
    10-27-09 10:18 PM
    umm yes , and i will take one outside of verizon in 2 hours and 39 min lol
    10-27-09 10:20 PM
    Pk where is your sense of adventure lol.

I will post up some pics this morning planning on heading to the store in about 5 an a half hours lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 10:48 PM
    Pk where is your sense of adventure lol.

I will post up some pics this morning planning on heading to the store in about 5 an a half hours lol

ur a girl ... lol 5 am wow your cool , try leaving for the store in 1 hour and 9 min
    10-27-09 10:51 PM
    Can't wait to see the pics of all the Campers out there! lol
    10-27-09 11:11 PM
    If u do it..i will do the same. lol.
    10-27-09 11:14 PM
    I stopped by my store today and they didn't even have posters up yet! They just got the launch email this morning and were hoping they'd actually get their shipment today. They'll hold two for me when they come in. No problem. They always take very good care of me at the store. I'm constantly giving them info and tips on their BB's from this site!
    10-27-09 11:20 PM
    Just after 12am ET, still no Storm2 online yet, already falling asleep.....

On the plus side? My special discount DID kick in.....

10-27-09 11:23 PM
    I'm going to go check it out should be cool.

10-27-09 11:25 PM
    10-27-09 11:27 PM
    It's 1:40 am been trying to order online. When I go to the site I can see the Storm 2!!! BUT when I sign in and try to upgrade, it disappears. I have tried like 3 different computers and 4 browsers, no go. Tried everything. Going to bed, sad face....

10-28-09 12:41 AM
    Wish I could say the same about Telus.. they have nothing! Nothing at all..
    I'm looking forward to seeing all the reviews of this device!
    Gl all you Verizon ppl (lucky bas***ds!!!.. I'm jealous)
    10-28-09 12:44 AM
    10-28-09 02:01 AM
    Woke up to get ready....putting the S1 back in its box with the protective plastic on it that I made last all of these 30 days. There better not be any lines.
    10-28-09 04:26 AM
    5:40 am SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-28-09 04:45 AM
    We need an unboxing video
    10-28-09 04:52 AM
    My Storm 2 from Vodafone UK arrived by courier yesterday afternoon. The most obvious difference to the original storm is that this looks like it was put together in a lab rather than a shed. It has a much more solid feel to it and there is no lateral movement in the screen a la storm 1.
    I have had some odd results from the sure type feedback on the screen when using the device when it is on charge. A couple of times now it has become hyper-sensetive to touch and almost clicks itself. OK when off charge though.
    The new clicky screen is great; really feels like something clever is going on behind the screen and really gives a posisiteve feedback feel.
    The two big issues I had with the storm 1 were the sound quality of the voice dial, which always sounded like "Did you say gwmfrwdlrt?" and the bluetooth headset quality.
    I am sad to say these are just as bad on the storm 2 (come on RIM - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to trawl the web for known user issues and fix them)

I am having one or two problmes with applications.
    Firstly there is appworld. I have had 3 faulty storms sent out and the storm 2 makes it my 4th PIN registry. Appworld now says that "You have used all of your available device pin changes" and won't let me log in. I am hoping to hear from RIM about this.
    I'm also having problems with apps I took for granted would work as they do on the storm 1
    Google Maps - version 3.2 seems to think I am using a bold or something without a touchscreen as it keeps asking me to use keys to zoom or search and I hav yet to figure out how to scroll the map. (maybe I have the wrong version?)

Youtube app - can't find this anywhere to load either OTA or otherwise

Pocket informant - would not load OTA and I had to install via desktop (it kept saying it had installed but was nowhere to be found afterwards)

I haven't been able to get it to connect to my home wifi yet - simply says 'could not connect' - very helpful - I will persevere.

Other than that, I have to agree with all claims that it is beautifully fast and suffers no lags or lock-ups - I just hope that application support gets up to speed quickly.
    Last edited by terry610246; 10-28-09 at 06:18 AM.
    10-28-09 05:13 AM
    Just after 12am ET, still no Storm2 online yet, already falling asleep.....

On the plus side? My special discount DID kick in.....

That's nothing pk lol my I am picking up two for 79 after rebate

10-28-09 05:18 AM
    Sweet...it will be delivered tomorrow.
    10-28-09 06:21 AM
    Just finished upgrading my NE2 to Storm2 online!!!! Whooo HOOOOOO!!! Free overnight shipping too! (enter promo code: FREEOVERNT at checkout!) I can't wait till Thursday to get it!!!!!
    10-28-09 06:39 AM
    hopefully its not like the s1, i know several people that ordered online and didnt get their phone for a few weeks, lol. That would be devastating
    10-28-09 06:59 AM
    Ok I have been with att for a very long time now but this Storm 2 is making my mouth water and truly have the urges to make the jump to verizon. With att right now I have the bold and since I travel out of the US a lot they have a blackberry international plan that allows me when I travel out of the US to still receive email,and web for free. Does Verizon have this and what do you all think about switching from att to verizon just for the storm2?
    10-28-09 08:17 AM
    one last thing with att I also get an email that is [email protected], by any chance do you get this with verizon, used to help push the emails through quicker to the phone.
    10-28-09 08:23 AM
276 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD