So since the update to 5.0 I have been trying to install BBM. Every time I tried, I couldn't find it anywhere even though it showed as "Installed". And in doing so, I figured out how to get it back...

Open App World, then My World. Delete the BBM from here and you will be asked to Reboot, which you will do. Once your device is back up, reinstall it from your browser, not the other App Center OR App World. Reinstall it only from your browser at BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger

Good luck!...
    10-27-09 07:27 PM
    Nope, same problem here.
    10-27-09 07:45 PM
    You can also go to mobile.blackberry.com from your mobile browser and download the latest BBM there!
    10-27-09 07:46 PM
    Have you checked and made sure you didn't accidentally hide it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 08:37 PM
    this new OS is great, but its too bad thats there's TONS of issues that only affect a small number of us.... wish it was more uniform and everyone had/didnt have the same problems...
    10-27-09 09:17 PM
    if you stiill can't find it go to your application list, if its not there than its not installed

10-27-09 09:41 PM
    Guys....this issue had been posted like 30 times....use search because we don't need 30 threads with the same issue....and fix.

10-27-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD