I have never bought a phone from Best Buy, always from a Verizon Corporate Store. I was wondering if anyone had info on a Best Buy purchase. Do they offer the same 30 return policy? Defect replacement? What about insurance? Any info would be appreciated.
    10-27-09 06:20 PM
    I know they usually do instant rebates, unlike the VZW Store mail in rebates...
    10-27-09 06:22 PM
    Id'e be interested at knowing about the pros and cons on buying a phone from Best Buy aswell.
    10-27-09 06:26 PM
    I have bought phones and insurance from BB before and had good luck. However their insurance policies changed recently so I won't do it again. It used to be that if you had insurance you could bring in your phone if it was broken or scratched or anything and they would swap it out on the spot. Now their policy is to send it off to a 3rd party repair facility and give you a loaner for the 2-4 weeks it takes to be repaired and sent back. If it can't be repaired after they have sent it out then they will give you a new one. And the loaner they give you is not another BB or equivalent, its a normal dumb phone.
    10-27-09 06:34 PM
    I have bought a couple of phones from Best Buy and I still get them replaced through Verizon. I got a 8330 through them a couple of years ago and had it replaced once. Then last year i got my Storm from them and got that replaced at least 6 times.
    10-27-09 06:45 PM
    So even though I would purchase one at BB, I could still go into a Corp Verizon Store and take care of any issues or get it replaced if need be rather than Verizon referring me back to BB?
    10-27-09 06:56 PM
    So even though I would purchase one at BB, I could still go into a Corp Verizon Store and take care of any issues or get it replaced if need be rather than Verizon referring me back to BB?
    Thats the way it has been with me. I have never told them i bought it at Best Buy tho. Some people will say i got this at Best Buy etc. Someone else was telling me its because they are an authorized retailer of Verizon so its still covered.
    10-27-09 07:02 PM
    Yes, you can bring the device to Verizon, but they wont replace with brand new device while under 30 days ike the worry free guarentee you have with them. They will honor the warranty though as for other exchanges.
    10-27-09 07:27 PM
    Geek Squad Protection has recently changed. Defective Blackberries are now swapped out in the store and not sent out like the rest of the phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 08:54 PM
    Is the insurance cost about the same as when you go through asurion?
    10-27-09 08:58 PM
    Is there a 30 day return policy on bb celll phone purchases?
    10-27-09 09:16 PM
    the Best Buy insurance is $9.99/mo and with a blackberry the repair center is not authorized to fix blackberries. So what is supposed to happen is you are given the retail value of your phone you bought. So a storm 1 retails at BB for 599.99 if your phone broke you get that to buy a new phone.
    10-27-09 09:17 PM
    Pros and Cons of buying at Best Buy Mobile.

Pros:

1. Instant rebates
    2. Price Match, and price match instant rebates
    3. 30 day price match guarantee
    4. Free phone book swap
    5. Impartial advice
    6. Geek Sqaud Black Tie Protection (yes it cost more than Verizon insurance but I rather get a new phone then a reconditioned phone)
    7. Accessories cost less than Corporate stores

Cons:

1. Can not pay your bill at Best Buy Mobile
    10-27-09 09:29 PM
    When did this change? I took my curve in when it was acting up and they told me the only thing they could do was send it in for repair and give me a loaner for 2-4 weeks.
    10-27-09 10:31 PM
    When did this change? I took my curve in when it was acting up and they told me the only thing they could do was send it in for repair and give me a loaner for 2-4 weeks.
    This is thier new policy, I was in BB today and this is what they told me they changed how they do thier insurance now.
    10-27-09 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the info... will stop by there tomorrow and check on the 30day return policy and check my bill for my insurance cost.
    10-28-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD