for giving me an official 5.0 build that is worse than the leak that came out before it.

Verizon you are some really stupid ****** ******* to release this POS build just because you know that most people are going to LOVE it over .148.

Well how much are they gonna love the black screen that when you do a battery pull a white screen pops up saying JUM error 523.

Or when they are typing on their phone a the keypad glitches up and shows a completely different keyboard through as you touch in that area.

Or the still choppy transitions that only look good because they are fast.

Verizon better be releasing the Odin tomorrow because that is the only reason that makes since why they would release only the storm official 5.0 this fcking early.

HOPEFULLY this is what RIM planned to do.

Release 5.0 for the storm before Odin comes out which makes sense. Then after the odin comes out and its time to release official for ALL devices, they will release a second official 5.0 build that fixes all bugs from first official.

Dont get me wrong guys this build is blazing fast, responsive, and a pleasure to navigate through, but I want my sht bugless. And if it cant be bugless then dont let the bugs affect usage such as BLACK SCREEN and LAME LIGHT FADING ON AND OFF RANDOMLY and I am sure there are other builds that are better than this one, but

IMO by now RIM shoudl be done with colorbanding. Its still there if you are in the right places on your phone.

I know there are going to be bugs, but **** atleast if your going to give us bugs introduce something new and bad ***, your introducing little things RIM like tweaking the flick scrolling, and your causing all these Fcking bugs.

Stop trying to sugar coat JAVA with touch ups that bring bugs, and just introduce a correct platform with the latest most up to date standards such as Open GL. Then you wont have to be wasting your time testing transition to see which one looks the most real.

EDIT: Sorry if this turned in to a rant mods you can move it I dont care.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 10-27-09 at 06:22 PM.
    10-27-09 06:18 PM
    LOL... Works good for me
    10-27-09 06:33 PM
    why dont u go to planetfeedback.com and rant there then vzw execs will call u or rim then u can tell them over the phone....great site already have used it !great results too!
    10-27-09 06:35 PM
    So go back to .148 if its that bad....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 06:43 PM
    why dont u go to planetfeedback.com and rant there then vzw execs will call u or rim then u can tell them over the phone....great site already have used it !great results too!
    your a graphics designer too so you should really be able to tell that they are being cheap with the way they are introducing things. OH, they cant tell the difference between a real transition and a half-azz one.

Try and open the clock and close it. The app transisitions open, but does not transition closed.
    10-27-09 06:46 PM
    for giving me an official 5.0 build that is worse than the leak that came out before it.

Verizon you are some really stupid ****** ******* to release this pos build just because you know that most people are going to love it over .148.

Well how much are they gonna love the black screen that when you do a battery pull a white screen pops up saying jum error 523.

Or when they are typing on their phone a the keypad glitches up and shows a completely different keyboard through as you touch in that area.

Or the still choppy transitions that only look good because they are fast.

Verizon better be releasing the odin tomorrow because that is the only reason that makes since why they would release only the storm official 5.0 this fcking early.

Hopefully this is what rim planned to do.

Release 5.0 for the storm before odin comes out which makes sense. Then after the odin comes out and its time to release official for all devices, they will release a second official 5.0 build that fixes all bugs from first official.

Dont get me wrong guys this build is blazing fast, responsive, and a pleasure to navigate through, but i want my sht bugless. And if it cant be bugless then dont let the bugs affect usage such as black screen and lame light fading on and off randomly and i am sure there are other builds that are better than this one, but

imo by now rim shoudl be done with colorbanding. Its still there if you are in the right places on your phone.

I know there are going to be bugs, but **** atleast if your going to give us bugs introduce something new and bad ***, your introducing little things rim like tweaking the flick scrolling, and your causing all these fcking bugs.

Stop trying to sugar coat java with touch ups that bring bugs, and just introduce a correct platform with the latest most up to date standards such as open gl. Then you wont have to be wasting your time testing transition to see which one looks the most real.

Edit: Sorry if this turned in to a rant mods you can move it i dont care.
    grow up ah!
    10-27-09 06:53 PM
    I'm gona laugh when the S2 comes out swinging with OS5.0.0.328 on it, lol. It'll have the same lame bugs that the S1 has on it. The only hope for the S1 releasing without these bugs is if it's sporting a lower or higher release version. They release it with .32x anything, they'll have the same issues with it.
    10-27-09 06:57 PM
    I'm eager to see what S2 gets released with... would be true Storm form to see a release with basic functionality issues.... like the damn SMS callback number disaster JRSCivic has gone into detail about.

S1 def did get a rushed official *again* in an attempt to save face. Don't get me wrong... .328 is headed in the right direction but it's so frustrating to see the things RIM breaks in order to fix a different issue.
    10-27-09 07:09 PM
    I agree. This phone has been out way to long to have these issues. I just emailed Verizon and did a little b1tching myself. Not sure if it will get me anywhere but what the heck.
    10-27-09 07:23 PM
    While i have yet to have a couple of the things listed in the OP post happen to my phone, i am on 323 and probably will just reload that again from what i can tell. VVM was really the only major bug that i will gripe about and i can deal with it.

Most of us know VZW did no test 328 at all really. they had it 1 whole day and then made it official. So they have boned themselves once again IMO.

Tomorrow i suspect the S2 launching with quite a few bugs too. exactly as civic said, any of the 3 OS builds in the 32x range are riddled with minor to large bugs.

3 months ago if you asked if VZW would release a build, then 1-2 weeks later another i would have laughed at you. I honestly see them pulling another .65 to .75 type of thing now though. They will bypass testing somewhere and take RIMS word from the change logs and approve something that fixes the errors that we see now.
    10-27-09 08:16 PM
    ^ Eh, I don't think so. The bugs that people are experiencing are not being experienced by the vast majority.. at least not enough for Verizon to push out another update so quickly. At least IMO.
    10-27-09 08:22 PM
    Sorry but no OS is gonna be bugless. Never gonna happen. Is there alot of things that can be done , well yea but its always gonna be that way. Aside from completely overhauling the OS structure how much more does anyone think that can be done? This has been going on for close to a year now and i think its safe to say its going to be a never ending process. I do believe S2 is gonna have a host of bugs and such right off the bat,what reasoning do we have to believe otherwise? Point being is that alot of the stuff being complained about isnt anything the average user is gonna notice. Ive said this before,theres a huge misconception of what the average user outside of blogs and forums cares about concerning a phone. As is right now on .328 the storm is running great. If you did your OS install properly your should have no problems.
    10-27-09 08:47 PM
    I'm pretty happy so far. Fast and smooth for me.

10-27-09 08:55 PM
    Sorry but no OS is gonna be bugless. Never gonna happen. Is there alot of things that can be done , well yea but its always gonna be that way. Aside from completely overhauling the OS structure how much more does anyone think that can be done? This has been going on for close to a year now and i think its safe to say its going to be a never ending process. I do believe S2 is gonna have a host of bugs and such right off the bat,what reasoning do we have to believe otherwise? Point being is that alot of the stuff being complained about isnt anything the average user is gonna notice. Ive said this before,theres a huge misconception of what the average user outside of blogs and forums cares about concerning a phone. As is right now on .328 the storm is running great. If you did your OS install properly your should have no problems.
    I agree a couple bugs will slip by the average user, especially coming from 148 since it will be ALOT faster and reliable for them. But i think the S2 reviews will give VZW/RIM some bad publicity again if they are major enough
    10-27-09 08:58 PM
    Some people are never happy....
    10-27-09 09:00 PM
    I agree a couple bugs will slip by the average user, especially coming from 148 since it will be ALOT faster and reliable for them. But i think the S2 reviews will give VZW/RIM some bad publicity again if they are major enough
    I agree. My point though is that s2 wont be bug free. To the extent of how bad , well we'll start finding out tommorrow i guess. lol
    10-27-09 09:02 PM
    For me the 5.0 OS is amazing....almost no memory drain, no white screen when I do a battery pull, and the phone is really fast! Kudos to Verizon/Blackberry. This is what I'd hoped for when I bought my Storm a year ago....

Best,
    Steve
    10-27-09 09:04 PM
    Sorry, OP, but this dumb old "former .148er" loves the new OS.

Hey, just for a moment, imagine how happy you would be right now if you had never upgraded to .323.............but, on second thought, probably not. That would be quite a mood swing.
    10-27-09 09:04 PM
    yeah tomorrow this place is going to implode lol
    10-27-09 09:06 PM
    like i said i love this build i just wish it said 3g instead of 1xev
    10-27-09 09:17 PM
    like i said i love this build i just wish it said 3g instead of 1xev
    Why be stuck on the 3g symbol thing who cares it doesn't improve the phone.
    10-27-09 09:28 PM
    I'm loving 328 coming from 148. Its night and day difference. I did go back and check the clock transitions and the poster is right, but who the fck cares if it doesn't transition closed like it opens. Most wouldn't notice that. I have had 0 issues with this build except for Quickpull not working right.

10-27-09 09:30 PM
    Why be stuck on the 3g symbol thing who cares it doesn't improve the phone.
    Have to disagree here, i liked the 3G symbol. I know it makes no difference but it looked cool.
    10-27-09 09:40 PM
    Seriously guys?? Card Storm is a very reputable member! if you don't like what he feels is import to share then dont comment. When i saw the OP's post i was thinking that hes taking the words out my mouth. I came from .323 into this buggy build...one thing after another goes wrong like the txt in sms bleeding off the screen so you cant see when the whole word is or get this... i actually get the suretype keyboard in landscape mode every single time i rotate while typing and you have to slide you finger over each section for the keyboard to appear. its just like the kids in 3rd world countries who dont care to have candy because they've never had candy but once you've tasted it...its hard to not complain about rice and dirt. Thanks Cardstorm....unlike some of these guys i don't like the taste dirt when i can have candy!
    10-27-09 09:49 PM
    Seriously guys?? Card Storm is a very reputable member! if you don't like what he feels is import to share then dont comment. When i saw the OP's post i was thinking that hes taking the words out my mouth. I came from .323 into this buggy build...one thing after another goes wrong like the txt in sms bleeding off the screen so you cant see when the whole word is or get this... i actually get the suretype keyboard in landscape mode every single time i rotate while typing and you have to slide you finger over each section for the keyboard to appear. its just like the kids in 3rd world countries who dont care to have candy because they've never had candy but once you've tasted it...its hard to not complain about rice and dirt. Thanks Cardstorm....unlike some of these guys i don't like the taste dirt when i can have candy!
    Uuuummm, nobody said anything bad about cardstorm. He offered a opinion and opinions were givin back. Nothing there really to be considered foul or offending. Lighten up dude, people who frequent here know hes a good guy. With all the threads he starts you dont think that he wants opinions from all sides? I mean whats the point if everyone agreed on everything? Thats boring.
    10-27-09 10:08 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD