I saw in a thread in the OS forum that 5.0 now gives the Storm proximity sensing so the screen cannot be activated when holding the phone to your ear on a call. Is this true?

I thought this was only an option for the Storm2. The Storm doesn't have the technology to lock the screen so it can't be clicked.

My ultimate question is whether I still need to have TalkLock installed on my Storm.

Thanks.
    10-27-09 02:17 PM
    Well, delete Talklock and make a call! If your phone freaks then you have your answer.

Then report back here so we can benefit from your findings!

Be the first to try it! Be a pioneer! Be a hero!
    10-27-09 02:25 PM
    Yes, it is obsolete. I deleted my install of StormLock. Worked well, while I needed it, but am glad its no longer needed.

Played around with it, but couldn't figure out how it knows my face is near. Maybe just senses surface area touched...in combination of being tilted a certain way? Certainly doesn't depend on how you're holding it, that I could tell.
    10-27-09 04:52 PM
    I'm still using my TalkLock. Its been good for me since day 1 and it will be good for me until I get my Storm 2.
    10-27-09 04:55 PM
    I have uninstalled it...not needed anymore...
    10-27-09 05:53 PM
    i still have stormlock installed but only because i like having the custom text feature
    10-27-09 05:57 PM
    Neither of those appa are free correct? I am didsapointed after I went to 5.0 bought the pro version of quickpuLl and it doesn't work don't want to waste more money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 09:41 PM
    Yes, it is obsolete. I deleted my install of StormLock. Worked well, while I needed it, but am glad its no longer needed.

Played around with it, but couldn't figure out how it knows my face is near. Maybe just senses surface area touched...in combination of being tilted a certain way? Certainly doesn't depend on how you're holding it, that I could tell.
    it "senses" your face based on how much of the screen is getting touched. Try it while on a call - 3 fingers is enough for me to make the screen black out. It doesn't work in speakerphone mode for obvious reasons, though.
    10-27-09 09:56 PM
    it "senses" your face based on how much of the screen is getting touched. Try it while on a call - 3 fingers is enough for me to make the screen black out. It doesn't work in speakerphone mode for obvious reasons, though.
    My screen just goes black after about 3 to 4 seconds even w/o touching the screen...

Talklock is still active so now I have 2 layers of security so I dont face dial...
    10-27-09 10:01 PM
    i use talklock mainly because I like having a custom wallpaper for the lock feature.

its something i like to have

-murph
    10-28-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD