When my wife calls her cell number keeps coming up as HOME not her cell, her picture doesn't display either how can I fix this?
    10-27-09 11:30 AM
    Do you have more than one contact listing for your wife?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 12:06 PM
    Yes I have one contact with Home Cell & Work #'s in it. When she calls me on her cell the caller id says HOME not her cell. The number is correct but location is wrong
    Last edited by Pupdog; 10-27-09 at 03:58 PM.
    10-27-09 02:09 PM
    Yes Home Cell & Work
    Last edited by Pupdog; 10-27-09 at 03:56 PM. Reason: duplicate
    10-27-09 02:14 PM
    Numbers must be in the wrong fields on your phone. Only plausible explanation.
    10-28-09 12:10 AM
    Mevande's suggestion is likely correct, but if the numbers are in the correct fields, another question to ask is: do you have another entry in your Contacts database with the same number as your wife's cell? If you have more than one entry for a given number, the CallerID function will return the first one in alphabetical order.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 02:39 AM
    No I checked alll the numbers are in their correct position, i'm not using that number for any other contact?
    10-28-09 08:47 AM
    Do you have your address book filtered? If so, you could have a second, invisible entry for your wife that's being matched by the CallerID function. In the Address Book, press Menu / Filter and uncheck any boxes. Then look to see if you have another entry for your wife.

Have you rebooted your phone since noticing the problem? If you haven't, remove the battery with the phone on, leave it out a few seconds, then put it back. That will reboot it. See if that fixes the problem.

Do you sync your address book with a PIM, such as Outlook? If you do, are the entries correct in Outlook? Is the problem only with your wife's entry, or do other entries have the same problem? If the problem is only with your wife's entry, delete it, have her call your phone to make sure it's deleted, then reenter it. See if that solves your problem.
    10-28-09 08:44 PM
    Thanks, there were no check boxes in filter. I will give the reboot a try, if that doesn't work I will try deleting and re entering her info. Pupdog
    10-30-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD