Lemme give a little background...

I used to have BBM 5.0.0.8. I upgraded to BlackBerry OS 5.0.0.323 and I had to revert back to BBM 5.0.0.33.

Now, I have BlackBerry OS 5.0.0.328 and I keep downloading BBM 5.0.0.33, however, although I am downloading it, the icon is not appearing anywhere.

The message appeared that the BBM 5.0.0.33 file had installed successfully, however, I cannot find the icon anywhere so that I can use it.

Please assist me.

Thank you.
    10-27-09 10:34 AM
    Are you downloading from AppWorld? Or?
    Try going to RIM's site and downloading from there. Once I did that it loaded and ran ok.
    10-27-09 10:40 AM
    There are alot of threads about this. Long story short, you have to completely delete it and reinstall it through you browser from the blackberry.com website. Should work fine after that.
    10-27-09 10:40 AM
    blackberry.com/messenger

Just re-download it.
    10-27-09 10:44 AM
    U can also "show all" and look in all folders. If u hold menu button and u see the icon running most likely its hidden.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 11:00 AM
    I had this problem. Deleted and reinstalled it and it worked fine, but not so much for the VZ Navigator. I can't seem to get that one to show up.
    10-27-09 11:50 AM
    Same thing happened to me. Use the OTA download posted a few posts up. That worked for me.
    10-27-09 11:57 AM
    omfg....there are a 100 threads on this !

delete BBM from the BB

go to www.blackberry.com/messenger and install

I know the entire storm forum is a clutter mess, but its like that becuase people are creating threads because they are lazy and not even looking at the posts on the front page.
    10-27-09 12:14 PM
    Thank you. Going through BlackBerry.com/Messenger seemed to do the trick.

Now, any word on getting my Yahoo! Mail icon back to show "Yahoo!" and to get back my App World icon (it keeps going away)?
    10-27-09 12:30 PM
    you can can control email box names in the BIS settings online or in the email setup app.

dont know about app world, never seen a need for it
    10-27-09 12:34 PM
    What are the "BIS" settings online?
    10-27-09 01:10 PM
    Oh yeah, and some of my launchers are not appearing and when I download them, they don't appear. I don't get it!
    10-27-09 03:28 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Yes, I've redownloaded it, and I can get it to appear. But then, when I tether to the Desktop Manager, it says the BlackBerry Apps or Core Apps need to be updated, and it makes the BBM disappear again. No icon on the menu button, nor in the Instant Messenger folder. I find it installed under Option/Apps. Uninstall, reboot, reinstall... and the vicious cycle starts again.

Been with BlackBerry a total of about 4 hours over this. No solution.
    10-27-09 06:44 PM
    So since the update to 5.0 I have been trying to install BBM. Every time I tried, I couldn't find it anywhere even though it showed as "Installed". And in doing so, I figured out how to get it back...

Open App World, then My World. Delete the BBM from here and you will be asked to Reboot, which you will do. Once your device is back up, reinstall it from your browser, not the other App Center OR App World. Reinstall it only from your browser at BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger

(Sorry, I can't post links yet...)

Good luck!...
    10-27-09 07:25 PM
    AppWorld will "Archive" BBM for whatever reason. As howarmat mentioned, its been discussed many times concerning some of the recent 5.0 leaks. Anyway... install using the provided OTA links amd all will be good. Ignore AppWorld, something is not right with it. For me it lists BBM & Facebook as "archived" even though they are installed and working fine >shrug< .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD