Question, We're still new to Blackberry's and just activated a little over 51 devices out of 160 or so and we have started to see on activation (Last three or so) that as the device begins to activate on the BES, as soon as it validaes the password it goes right to Wiping device. After the wipe we can reset the BES activation password and the device will activate. These are Verizon Tour's we're activating. can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Michael Baker
    10-27-09 09:04 AM
    I guess I forgot to mention we are running BES for Groupwise 4.1.4.28
    Thanks
    10-27-09 09:06 AM
    Is it posible someone has issued the remote wipe command on the BES for these devices? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause this behaviour.
    10-27-09 10:26 AM
    No, There is the two tech doing the deployment and Myself an and they are the ones complaining.

Mike
    10-27-09 12:36 PM
    I've gone through serveral logs and don't see any remote wipes being issued...
    10-27-09 01:35 PM
    Are these brand new devices? A phone will do a wipe if it was previously activated on a BES and it sees a different account trying to be activated on it.
    10-27-09 11:04 PM
    I concur with GlenB and Miike. Either someone issued a wipe command from the BES, or the devices were previously on another BES and whoever is activating them is clicking yes when it asks if you want to wipe before activation.

Only other thing I can think of would be some crazy IT policy, but I don't know of any setting that would do that off-hand.
    10-28-09 02:30 AM
    Are these brand new devices? A phone will do a wipe if it was previously activated on a BES and it sees a different account trying to be activated on it.
    Yes New devices I guess thats why the questioning. It only just started doing this and It's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack I guess....

Thanks
    Michael Baker
    10-28-09 08:18 AM
    I concur with GlenB and Miike. Either someone issued a wipe command from the BES, or the devices were previously on another BES and whoever is activating them is clicking yes when it asks if you want to wipe before activation.

Only other thing I can think of would be some crazy IT policy, but I don't know of any setting that would do that off-hand.
    I think I found the cause and have a work around in place.

Series of Events.

1) We've made a backup of a Default Device Configuration. xx Days ago.

2) We've been restoring and Joining BES afterwards

3) IT Poilicy has "Secure Wipe Delay After IT Policy Received" set to 720 Hours

4) Image was taken over 720 Hours and once we join the BES, since the Image is over 720 Hours ago the System is WIPING the device.

5) once removal of setting everything is working proper again. We'll be creating a new Image and resetting this policy.

Thanks again for those that have provided suggestions.

Michael Baker
    10-28-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD