I set a custom ringtone for an individual but when the phone is in the holster it will ring for the ringtone but if that person txt me it won't ring. The settings are all set right and even verizon has checked them just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
    10-26-09 11:55 PM
    Create a "custom profile" and see if it works,
    10-26-09 11:59 PM
    Thats what I had done I created a custom profile for a person and gave them a specific ring tone and when its in the holster I don't get the ring tone for the txt msgs.
    Create a "custom profile" and see if it works,
    10-27-09 01:10 AM
    i'm pretty sure he's saying create a custom sound profile. open you sound profiles, scroll to the bottom and select "custom profiles" and create one there with the settings you want and see if that works.
    10-27-09 03:16 AM
    i'm pretty sure he's saying create a custom sound profile. open you sound profiles, scroll to the bottom and select "custom profiles" and create one there with the settings you want and see if that works.
    Correct,this is what I meant,a friend of mine had an issue whereas he set the profile (on his tour)not to alert him at all when a new BBG comes in but it kept on alerting him anyway,until he created a completely new profile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 06:15 AM
    Have same issue, gave up on custom tones &profiles hoping 5.0 will fix.

10-27-09 07:31 AM
    did you set your play sound to always? i had this problem before.. the sound only goes of when in the holster for calls but not email, sms, or mms.

i checked y settings and on my email,sms, and mms, the play sound was set to out of holster.. you might try checking that settting and set to always.
    10-27-09 08:23 AM
    I am having the same problem.
    So far, I know of two contacts who, when they text me while the phone is holstered, the phone vibrates but does not ring. All other contacts so far have not had this issue.
    Both contacts have custom phone ringers assigned, but not custom message ringers. I re-checked my settings, and both of their settings under custom message ringers are the same as all other contacts (unchanged).
    The strange thing is, this was happening on a Tour I returned last week, and had been happening for the last couple of weeks. I'm thinking it started around the time I upgraded the OS to .57, but I'm not positive.
    I returned that phone, got a new Tour, restored all settings from old phone EXCEPT profile settings, and the new phone is doing the same as the old phone.
    I am still on .57 and have never tried leaked OSes on the new Tour or my old one.
    I tried deleting the contacts and adding them back, and that worked until I changed their phone ringers back to custom, then all of their texts were vibrating but not ringing.
    10-31-09 03:58 PM
    Same problem here....but im kinda confused cuz i have BerryBuzz so that kinda complicates things more for me...been messing around with it all day to try and figure it out.
    10-31-09 04:24 PM
    version .40 fixed it for me (verizon's default OS)
    10-31-09 07:07 PM
    version .40 fixed it for me (verizon's default OS)
    Nah....its the OS...lol...im running .61 and its still doing it...
    10-31-09 08:00 PM
    ok so i've spent a lot of time on the phone with RIM the last couple of days and they researched this for me and it is a known problem in the software and should be being fixed in soon to come software...such as 5.0 if Verizon will ever release it instead of just sitting on it!
    11-01-09 02:09 AM
    I have the same exact issue and it is quite annoying! Its definitely OS related so hopefully flippin OS5 releases sometime soon.

Kinda odd none of the 4.7.1 revisions have not fixed it. You would think this would be a high priority issue?? *shrugs*

11-01-09 03:39 AM
    I have the same exact issue and it is quite annoying! Its definitely OS related so hopefully flippin OS5 releases sometime soon.

Kinda odd none of the 4.7.1 revisions have not fixed it. You would think this would be a high priority issue?? *shrugs*

Like I said... I'm running the stock OS and am having NO issue. Sms sound in holster is alive and well.

11-01-09 11:31 AM
    Like I said... I'm running the stock OS and am having NO issue. Sms sound in holster is alive and well.

Do u have custom contact profiles with a different ringtone other than the one on your Sound Profile...?
    11-01-09 11:36 AM
    yes sir. A different custom ringtone for individual contacts. I had the leaked os that verizon let slip ( i think it was .57) and they quit working. Broke that phone and got a new one with the default .40 OS and it's working! Hallelujah!
    11-01-09 12:20 PM
    I have a working theory about this. I am not sure if this is correct but it is worth a try. So far, by reducing the amount of vibrate bursts from 2 to one, it seems to have corrected to the problem. I altered this setting from the global "SET RINGTONES/ALERTS" menu in the profile selection screen. Select the setting you want to alter (such as SMS), then click VIBRATE, then CUSTOM, then select 1 instead of 2. This will globally reduce the amount of vibration bursts per occurrence from 2 to 1.

Although I am not sure if this is the total problem, it seems to have helped my situation out as it has yet to not sound an alert yet.

If anyone tries this, please advise if it works for you!
    11-01-09 02:06 PM
    I had this problem until i updated to 5.0.0.230 now theirs a option in each persons custom ringtone setting and it works fine now
    11-01-09 03:27 PM
    I have to medium vibes on mine
    11-01-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD