I have tried both and am torn between them. Any opinions between then would be great!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 10:49 PM
    I've used both and currently purchased im+ , am happy with the purchase , clean and simple ui. Functional and good price on sale 27 free updates and able to transfer to any blackberry, beejive 29 for unlimited transfers or 19 for single blackberry . Im+ has a couples more things than beejive for now am sure they will add more once out of beta

10-26-09 10:55 PM
    How would you rate the reliability between the 2?

10-26-09 10:57 PM
    I would rate beejive a 8 and im+ a 6 , only reason why is that im+ does seem to disconnect but it connects back by itself , beejive never seem to disconnect .

it doesn't disconnect just goes into idle to quick for me , still trying to learn how to change the idle time , sorry if I seem confused .
    Last edited by jsanta11; 10-26-09 at 11:05 PM.
    10-26-09 11:01 PM
    I wonder if I'm clients using text to send messages or using the data network to send them are more or less reliable. I find with beejive some people tend not to get my messages, or they are delayed. But they are using the text clients so I don't know which is causing it.

10-26-09 11:05 PM
    As for delays I've never experienced that , it does use data only . I have four accounts and every message goes thru instantly . But as for what I can remember I never had any delays with beejive either .

10-26-09 11:07 PM
    Sounds like based on that my delays aren't my delays, maybe that of those I'm talking to using the default clients.

10-26-09 11:10 PM
    I ahve beejive and their service sucks. I stopped using beejive for two weeks my contacts have sent me texts to tell me I am not online and when I check it shows me as being online. I have contacted support and they have no reason why this is the case. I finally told them I could no longer use it since it was unreliable. They said they would give me a refund if I had purchased it within a certain time. I told them I have had it for sometime and nothing has changed so I do not know why it does this, once I said I had it for some time, they stopped responding to my emails.

I have tried IM# and I guess I do not understand the disconnect/reconnect. What happens when it disconnects? Do I miss messages? I do not understand the coin (i think) and text portion of it either.
    10-26-09 11:11 PM
    when it goes idle you still get the messages cause you can set it to push I'm, I didn't mean to say it disconnects and reconnects , I meant to say that it goes idle to fast for me and I have to learn how to change the idle time . the app truly never disconnects

10-26-09 11:17 PM
    Sounds like based on that my delays aren't my delays, maybe that of those I'm talking to using the default clients.

From my understanding the default clients apps also use data only

10-26-09 11:18 PM
    I thought they used text messages but I could be wrong. I log in to 2 separate AIM accounts on my phone, which is why I have the need for either beejive or im+, I have a work SN and a person SN. This is why I want the feedback on both, could it just be the AIM service, would msn or gmail be better?
    10-26-09 11:21 PM
    My opinion is BeeJive is, and always has been, the best app out.
    10-26-09 11:22 PM
    when it goes idle you still get the messages cause you can set it to push I'm, I didn't mean to say it disconnects and reconnects , I meant to say that it goes idle to fast for me and I have to learn how to change the idle time . the app truly never disconnects

Mine says reconnecting frequently. I dont trust it.
    10-26-09 11:27 PM
    I like BeejiveIM over IM+ for three reasons.

1. Cleaner interface (Didn't quite like the IM+ interface)
    2. Your contact name shown is based on how you have actually renamed them. (I've renamed all my contacts because I cannot stand long and annoying msn nicks)
    3. Allows you to login multiple account of the same protocol. (I use two MSN accounts..)

Needless to say I'm sold.

10-26-09 11:44 PM
    Both are great programs IMO. I use IM+, which does allow multiple logins on the same protocol now...not sure which update added that functionality, but it's there.

I'm using IM+ since it worked better on the Storm for me. I'm not sure if Beejive has an updated version for touchscreens (Storm) yet.
    10-27-09 06:21 AM
    I'm using the IM+ trial right now. I used the Beejive trial a few days before that. They both seem good, but the reason I would buy the full version of IM+ over Beejive (if I buy either) would be because it has Facebook chat. Beejive does not (last I checked anyway).
    10-27-09 09:57 AM
    I have tried IM# and I guess I do not understand the disconnect/reconnect. What happens when it disconnects? Do I miss messages? I do not understand the coin (i think) and text portion of it either.
    We have designed IM+ so that it shouldn't lose messages if short-time disconnect happens.
    If you suppose that some messages could be lost, please go to IM+ "Settings" / "Keep connection" / "IM Push" and make sure that "Keep IM services online" option is turned on.
    10-27-09 10:28 AM
    2. Your contact name shown is based on how you have actually renamed them. (I've renamed all my contacts because I cannot stand long and annoying msn nicks)
    3. Allows you to login multiple account of the same protocol. (I use two MSN accounts..)
    Both contacts renaming and multiple account logins are supported in IM+ also.
    10-27-09 10:31 AM
    SHAPE I have a question for you regarding IM+. When I go to exit I choose "close and stay connected". From what I understand by selecting this it's supposed to exit the program but still send me notifications of new IMs on my home screen, which it does not do. What's going on here?
    10-27-09 10:35 AM
    SHAPE I have a question for you regarding IM+. When I go to exit I choose "close and stay connected". From what I understand by selecting this it's supposed to exit the program but still send me notifications of new IMs on my home screen, which it does not do. What's going on here?
    Please try to reboot your Blackberry and check how IM+ works for you then.
    If this doesn't help, please specify if you use Blackberry AppWorld application and which version.
    10-28-09 08:15 AM
    I have been an IM+ user for years now, using my WinMo phone. Aside from what everyone has said that's good about IM+, I love the fact that I was able to xfer my license from WinMo to BB.

Also, they have good email support. I have always received a response within 24 to 48 hours and with my 10+ years of tech support experience, the response time and quality of support has always been good.

10-28-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD