So I am need of some help from you guys to make a decision...

I am on my 8th 8900 and this was a new upgrade after going through 7 refurbished devices. Basically, i paid 165 + 200 from the first upgrade I did. and i've had numerous problems... my keyboards have been loose, end key sticking, and trackball malfunctions, and now my 8th 8900 has a loose keyboard that i can literrally move around without even forcing it to wiggle. So, should i just call in and get another replacement, or should I just do the Blackberry Trade in to get the 9700 when it comes out..?
    10-26-09 10:42 PM
    You are either very unfortunate with the refurbs or are being way too picky. I would get whatever will make you happy and content that the device is good enough for you.
    10-26-09 10:44 PM
    You are either very unfortunate with the refurbs or are being way too picky. I would get whatever will make you happy and content that the device is good enough for you.
    I have the right to be picky though because if you think of it, everyone works hard for their money and I work hard for my money and its a 500$ device.... and I should atleast have something that doesn't have these problems..
    10-26-09 10:56 PM
    My keyboard wiggles also

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 10:58 PM
    I have the right to be picky though because if you think of it, everyone works hard for their money and I work hard for my money and its a 500$ device.... and I should atleast have something that doesn't have these problems..
    8th?..... ill refrain myself from this one

Every 8900 keyboard wiggles a bit. Trackballs get dirty and have to be cleaned with a lint free cloth and alcohol. Software issues can be easily fixed by reinstalling/updating the OS.

How much does it wiggle? too much? i dont even think there is space to move that much within the keyboard frame.
    Last edited by gbsn; 10-26-09 at 11:19 PM.
    10-26-09 11:15 PM
    Agreed but unlike me, you only paid $365 as detailed in your first post. I actually did pay the full retail price as a business expense back in January but I really don't have any issues with my device as far as the expected keyboard wobble is concerned.
    10-26-09 11:30 PM
    Clearly, either all 8 phones are the problem or you are the problem. There is no other alternative. You imply that you are not the problem. Then, your option is clear:
    Keep changing the phone until you are satisfied. You already have 7 experiences of changing. This will eventually end since BB 8900 CANNOT all be bad.
    10-27-09 12:15 AM
    ....Raise your hand if your 8900 keyboard wiggles.....

10-27-09 01:49 AM
    *raises hand*
    10-27-09 01:57 AM
    It is supposed to wiggle, by design. Take a device apart sometime and/or observe the parts and you will see what I am talking about.
    10-27-09 02:03 AM
    It is supposed to wiggle, by design. Take a device apart sometime and/or observe the parts and you will see what I am talking about.
    Aristile again being the voice of reason!

In the 8 devices that you've had Mr. AZN, well I mean I guess you can't take them apart if you are exchanging them over and over. You never thought to look in this forum and see who else had a moving keyboard or sticky end buttons (which I still don't fully understand)? The keyboard thing has always been talked about. It doesn't affect anything. Its never affected one thing I've done with my device. If you are seriously that picky you should probably just try something else!!

10-27-09 02:07 AM
    Aristile again being the voice of reason!

In the 8 devices that you've had Mr. AZN, well I mean I guess you can't take them apart if you are exchanging them over and over. You never thought to look in this forum and see who else had a moving keyboard or sticky end buttons (which I still don't fully understand)? The keyboard thing has always been talked about. It doesn't affect anything. Its never affected one thing I've done with my device. If you are seriously that picky you should probably just try something else!!

That is why i have actually decided on getting the bold 9700 so i dont have to deal with it anymore. I'm going to do the trade in program...
    10-27-09 02:33 AM
    That's what I was going to suggest. The wobble didn't bother me on my 8900 bue everyone is different. My Tour keyboard is a different design and doesn't budge a millimeter. The 9700 keyboard is similar to the Tour's and I don't think it will either.

10-27-09 04:01 AM
    I've got you beat. I'm on my 9th for trackball, end key sticking and speaker issues. I'm not picky but I do want a trackball that actually works. I did pay full price for my 8900 and I will pay full price for the 9700. I don't mind paying good $$ for a phone as long as it works. In my case the 8900 has not but for thousands of others it has. Matter of personal preference of how much you can put up with. My tolerance is pretty low when the price tag is so high and in my house I don't just have $500 laying around every day.

10-27-09 06:35 AM
    It all sounds like T-Mobile has been more than good to you considering how many Blackberry's you've had "issues" with.
    10-27-09 07:19 AM
    People need to learn how to clean their phone.8 and 9 phones is ridiculous.
    10-27-09 07:27 AM
    It is ridiculous.....on the other hand I clean my phone every 3 or 4 days. It is always in a case, has a screen protector, have a pouch so I don't get lint on the keys when I go out, always wash hands before using.....do I need to go on? I am not some 9 year old with chronically sticky hands. I am borderline ocd on cleanliness and it has not helped the trackball issue. I once got replacement #6 or #7 and the trackball quit working the same day I got it UPS. So yes, it is ridiculous that I am on phone #9, BUT what is more ridiculous is that I am not the only person with the trackball problem. Read the 8900 forums much? They are rampant with bad trackball threads. This also seems like a no brainer for RIM as the latest two bbs released have trackpads.

10-27-09 08:04 AM
    You have to be unfortunate. I'm on my 2nd BB 8900 because first has a broken trackball. Since then it's working fine
    10-27-09 09:40 AM
    Define "wiggle". Most keyboards on the BB's I've used have some play in them and it doesn't affect typing in the slightest. In fact you can only notice it if you sit there and play with it, not while typing.

I think you're being too picky. It's not going to be 100% immovable unless it's fused to the housing which is a bad idea to begin with.
    10-27-09 10:06 AM
    Dont think ive ever owned that many phones, never mind the same model.
    10-27-09 10:09 AM
    Keyboard has a slight wiggle to it. I think you're being picky about an issue that isn't an actually 'problem' with the phone.

Perhaps think about switching to another phone.
    Last edited by Hydroshock; 10-27-09 at 11:45 AM.
    10-27-09 11:42 AM
    Yeah..... Wow, just wow.

I can see 2 or 3, I have my original was one of the frist CB members to get the 9800 with no issues.

The KB moves a bit and it sucks you have to void the warranty to clean the trackball but I will have a track pad soon enough

10-27-09 12:06 PM
    you and me both....so long trackball, hello trackpad
    10-27-09 01:15 PM
    what i mean by wiggle is when it wiggles it will just move left, up, right, down without even forcing it and when i press a button such as the space or h button, the whole entire keyboard is being pushed in and i can see the other keys bending in.

but here is the update. i called in t-mobile blackberry/pda support and i explained the problems and told her that it was my 8th device but also the 8th device was a new device that they gave me through a second upgrade back in June, so the rep asked me if i was interested in any other device and i clearly explained that i wanted the 9700. she then placed me on hold. i think she went to talk with her manager, but when she came back she said, "i can go ahead and send you a replacement 8900 without shipping charge and give you a FULL UPGRADE and you can use it towards the 9700 when it releases later this month."

overall, i am a happy camper and very pleased with t-mobile's customer service.
    11-01-09 04:38 AM
    Well, after reading this thread I feel so discouraged.

I recently ordered an 8900 and it should be here soon. People on their 8th and 9th phones? God, that's the reason I left my iPhone behind. I had too many problems, too many phones, too many inconvenient trips to the Apple store which is 60 miles away from me. I really hope I don't have any major problems with my 8900. I've been very excited to get it, but now I'm apprehensive. I guess all I can do is cross my fingers until my device arrives sometime this week.
    11-01-09 10:56 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD