I installed 5.0 on my and my hubby's 9530s today. They are both working fine except for one thing. When I went to plug my phone into the charger, it won't charge. I got a message about making sure there was enough power to the USB and to try plugging it into the wall. (It was plugged into the wall.) Hubby's phone charges fine. I tried my phone on his charger and hooking it up to the USB on my PC, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

I've tried battery pulls, but to no avail. Help!
    10-26-09 10:40 PM
    I'm no help here but curious too since my phone just gave the same message. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seems ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 10:49 PM
    Had that issue when I first updated to 323 and tried this and it worked for me.. do a battery pull and after you pull the battery hold the end button for about 30 seconds and then put the battery back in and try again.. it might work
    10-26-09 10:54 PM
    Think I m) have figured this one out: Delete App World. I noticed I didn't have the issue last night and realized the only thing I added since was that. I just deleted it and did the required restart and it charges perfect now. Whew. Lol

10-26-09 11:18 PM
    I was wrong. Tried to plug my charger in and it wouldn't work. Sorry.

10-26-09 11:23 PM
    Always try rebooting the pc too. Rebooting windows is like a battery pull for your pc.

10-26-09 11:28 PM
    make sure you have auto enable mass storage set to yes, then do a battery pull with it plugged in, that worked for me. if it doesnt work, switch it back to no, battery pull, back to yes, and battery pull again. my friend had to do that twice and it worked so that was our fix.
    10-27-09 01:18 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. I finally got it to charge last night by deleting the 5.0 beta version of QuickPull. It wasn't working for us anyway, so it was kinda pointless to have it. After deleting it & rebooting, my phone charged. I'm going to wait for a few hours until the battery drops a bit and try again. I don't want anymore little surprises at bedtime!
    10-27-09 08:24 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. I finally got it to charge last night by deleting the 5.0 beta version of QuickPull. It wasn't working for us anyway, so it was kinda pointless to have it. After deleting it & rebooting, my phone charged. I'm going to wait for a few hours until the battery drops a bit and try again. I don't want anymore little surprises at bedtime!
    Having same issue.... So far 5,0 is junk. imagio or droid here I come.

10-27-09 08:43 AM
    I had problems too. I plugged mine into the wall charger last night and got the error about unable to charge. I unplugged and then plugged back in and didn't get the error so assumed it was charging. This morning I had an error that Quickpull was unable to restart the BB because it was in the holster, which it wasn't. I checked my battery and it was down to 50% from 70%. I did a battery pull (I forgot to do one after installing Quickpull) and it came back with 10% battery.

It seems to be charging fine now. I am running the Quickpull for 5.0 Beta and BB OS .328.
    10-27-09 09:53 AM
    Well, my battery is red after less than 12 hours of use, and yet again...it doesn't want to charge. I guess I'll just pray to the BB gods that something gets fixed and fast.

If anyone knows why this is happening or has any fix ideas, lemme know!
    10-27-09 07:11 PM
    I noticed the same problem, the phone charges fine when plugged into a computer with the data cable but wont when plugged into wall charger.
    10-27-09 09:30 PM
    I noticed the same problem, the phone charges fine when plugged into a computer with the data cable but wont when plugged into wall charger.
    Seems to only be doing it to me when the phone gets additional information after the wall charger has been plugged in. Wish I knew what was causing this, going to have to downgrade to 4.7 at some point in the future if I don't figure it out.
    10-27-09 10:12 PM
    I always have used my wall charger, but got this message when I plugged into my PC a few days ago (OS/323) for a quick charge while traveling. Then the wall charger would not recharge the device after that. Pulled the battery and now ONLY use the wall charger... no probs since.
    10-28-09 04:42 AM
    I would be okay if I could charge it with my PC, but I can't charge from the wall OR the PC. The only way I've found to be able to charge my phone is to do a battery pull, then charge it immediately after it reboots. It's so annoying! I'm thinking of downgrading to 4.7, then trying 5.0 again. My hubby's phone is working fine, so I don't know what's up with mine.
    10-28-09 03:53 PM
    .328, same issue here. I have to do a battery pull EVERY time i wall charge. Had same problem with .323.
    10-28-09 04:43 PM
    Ok, it happened again for me... question to others here:
    I have noticed that the times this problem occurs is when I am wall charging from a GFI (Ground Fault Interrupter) wall plug. Previously.. I had earlier in the day connected USB to do some DM sync tasks...which also toggles the power mode. I don't seem to have the problem with other wall power inputs. Anyone seeing the same circumstance?
    10-29-09 06:50 AM
    I have been having the same problem. The only thing that works for me is a device reset or battery pull. When I first started having the problem and didn't equate it to the 5.0 firmware I took it into Verizon to look at. It worked for them but I think they did a battery pull first. Even though that works it's a pain to do it every night before plugging it in. Whereas I didn't worry about it before now I have to always check that I have the lightning bolt before heading off to sleep. I hope they fix it soon or I'll have to go down to the last 4.7 hybrid.
    11-09-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD