I have been using 4.5 for a while now, but just recently I started having problems when I updated my beta OS with .18. The problems are as follows:

1. Possible memory leak - When I wake up in the mornings, I check the phone status and I have 0 bytes of file room free. If I pull the battery and check once it has booted up, I am back to 11 MB. It then reduces slowly throughout the day. I tested this with no, nada, zero use and it still reduces the available storage.

2. Phone logs being deleted - This may be a problem with a setting, but I doubt it. When I make calls, the previous call list and my call log history is deleted every few hours. I do not know if it is from the phone locking or if it just deletes itself regardless. Every time I unlock my BlackBerry, the previous calls are gone

3. New SMS messages are deleted - This has been going on for a few days. All of the SMS and MMS messages I sent prior to installing 4.5 are still on my phone, but any new SMS messages after that get deleted by the phone. Like the call log, I know there is a setting to decide how long to keep old messages; but I cannot find these settings in the beta OS.

Other than these issues, the beta OS is working great. I have had some of my co-workers testing their BlackBerry with 4.5 to see if these problem arise for them. I will not find out until Monday if they are, so I figured I would see if any of you have had these problems or problems of your own.

***Note***
    I do not care to read about how you would never install a beta OS or how I need to install the most current public OS release. Only the users of the beta OS should post. Thank you.
    05-10-08 02:43 PM
    i was using 4.5.0.18 for quite a while and it woked great. i would reinstall.
    john clark has a good optimize memory posting to free up more memory which will help
    05-10-08 05:49 PM
    the messages getting deleted might be from running out of memory, it is deleting them to try to recover some.

i do not have this memory issue on my curve running the same os.
    05-10-08 05:59 PM
    I had memory leak issues with 4.5.0.18 but not as significant as you. Mine went down from 16 to 11 MB. Your deleted messages are likely as result of the memory issue you're having. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for you. The beta annoyed me so much I downgraded back to 4.2.
    05-10-08 07:01 PM
    So far so good with 4.5!
    05-10-08 07:05 PM
    I've switched back and forth between .196 and .18 beta. Everything you've mentioned is based on the memory leaks. I actually used John Clarks' Link for memory optimization and actually maintain between 17- and 24. I dropped to 17 earlier today. After a "soft reset", I'm back at 24 - 26mb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-08 07:10 PM
    You need to do John Clark's memory Optimization in order for 4.5 to even work for you, which can be found here.

Ensure you have no pictures/ringtones saved on your device (memory card)

How many programs/apps do you have installed? Also are you closing apps out or you just leaving? To close an app, you need to hit the menu key in that program and go to Exit/Close.
    05-10-08 07:16 PM
    I haven't had any issues with that same OS thank goodness.
    05-10-08 08:31 PM
    Jayden0606-
    What are the files you deleted for ring tones and have you had any issues? The 4 VAD cods and ring tones(mentioned in JCs' memory optimization) are the only files I haven't deleted.

05-11-08 09:36 AM
    Okay, I can't post a link to it because there's 4.5 links on one of the pages but if you know what my site is then there's a 4.5 review on there.
    05-11-08 10:34 AM
    Jayden0606-
    What are the files you deleted for ring tones and have you had any issues? The 4 VAD cods and ring tones(mentioned in JCs' memory optimization) are the only files I haven't deleted.

I was referring to user ringtones and such.
    05-11-08 11:56 AM
    You need to do John Clark's memory Optimization in order for 4.5 to even work for you, which can be found here.

really? strange, I didn't and its much more stable than 4.2 ever was.

I let my bb run out of free memory a couple times and all it does is restart, messages and everything is still there after the restart...
    05-11-08 12:58 PM
    Adlen has a good review(read it awhile ago). Bla1ze has another good review posted in this forum. The list goes on and on. As I've said in prior threads regarding 4.5, the information is the same.

05-11-08 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD