So I have downloaded 5.0 for my and my wife's phone. So far...LOVE IT. A few issues with my wife's phone but nothing that a little patience didn't fix.

Here is the one ANNOYING thing I have noticed. The brightness of my screen dims just a bit after a few seconds (ok, maybe more than a few). I have gone into options to screen/keyboard and set the "auto dim" to never but the phone continues to do it. I know this may seem like a little thing, but I spend most of my time in brightly lite areas and I am finding it hard to see the screen...I have to tilt the phone a couple of times to get the "brightness" to come back.

Anybody having this issue or know how to stop it????

Thanks!
    10-26-09 07:54 PM
    Like everyone is having that issue.
    I had the .230 OS on my phone for a few weeks so I'm used to it by now...
    10-26-09 07:58 PM
    There is a suggested fix that I came across today, and it seems to have worked for me. Go to options/screen and keyboard/backlight brightness. Change that brightness setting to something other than what you want. save it and exit out to homescreen. Then do it again switching it back to the setting you want. Save and exit back out to homescreen. Give it a try. It worked for me.
    10-26-09 07:59 PM
    Had to login to tell people the fix for this.

Simply hit your END key, problem solved!
    10-26-09 08:09 PM

What?????????????
    10-26-09 08:10 PM
    There is a suggested fix that I came across today, and it seems to have worked for me. Go to options/screen and keyboard/backlight brightness. Change that brightness setting to something other than what you want. save it and exit out to homescreen. Then do it again switching it back to the setting you want. Save and exit back out to homescreen. Give it a try. It worked for me.
    worked for a min then went back... :/

didnt work.
    10-26-09 08:14 PM
    [QUOTE=civichatch9one;3921139]worked for a min then went back..

Sorry to hear that. Mine has worked all day. And even has sustained even after a reboot.
    10-26-09 08:26 PM
    Ok no one seems to know the problem we are having unless u are experiencing the same issue. The phone is supposed to automatically TIMEOUT at what ever time u set it to so that's not what we are talkin about. but our issue or atleast mine is that the feature this phone like many others dims when its dark and brightens when ur in the sun to see the screen better. Now on my phone even with automatic DIM off it dims whenever it wants and typing or pressing end, or even pulling the battery does not make it come back it does come back at a random time. It did not do this before I updated to os 5.0 hopefully its something that can be fixed easily.
    10-28-09 09:31 PM
    Tilt it vertically for a second, fortunately the accelerometer is faster now. It only seems to dim while in the horizontal layout, tilt it one good time and it brightens back up. Seems to stay bright unless I lay it down or holster. I've already gotten used to just tilting the thing for a fix. My settings are at 100% backlight and no auto dim.
    10-28-09 09:49 PM
    my phone dims in both portrait and landscape position, a little annoying some times but kinda getting used to it. also I have my auto dim set to off and if I face it towards bright light in portrait, it comes back to bright. WEIRD ooooooohh
    10-28-09 10:39 PM
    Mine's pretty annoying too. There should be a way to force it to a particular brightness and for a certain time before it idles out. But no, it's up, down, back and forth. There really seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. And yes, I know about the light sensor, but that's no reason for it to dim and brighten when rotated. And it does it no matter what angle the light is hitting it from. Call it a feature or call it a bug, I call it damn annoying.
    10-28-09 11:07 PM
    Yep, count me in on the dim problem. Annoying but I'm sure it will be fixed very soon if we all keep talking about it. Other then that and a few issues I in countered getting everything up and running correctly, I love it! Just going to take some time to get used to the way text messages are displayed now.
    10-28-09 11:59 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem as Pig. I tried the switching the brightness and saving, not working. The tilt works, but its still kind of random. Never had a problem like this until 5.0. Little frustrated, but I'm still loving .328
    10-29-09 12:26 AM
    you guys are lucky enough to have it bright and dimming! mine doesnt get bright at all! it doesnt even change when changing the brightness from 100 to 40, 30, etc. Its dims constantly and has never got bright except once when i dropped it on the floor(on 4.7OS). then again, this is my 4th phone is less than a year...damn refurbs!
    10-29-09 01:10 AM
    Bless you! Thanks so much for sharing.

Hitting end did not work for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 01:40 AM
    DM update this morning? screen dimming is now gone on my phone
    10-29-09 07:19 AM
    Has this been fixed?
    10-29-09 07:20 AM
    I've noticed that when I disable bedside mode on the clock, my screen will NOT dim when flipped to the landscape mode.

I highly suspect that the folks that don't have dimming issues do not use bedside mode.
    10-29-09 07:35 AM
    bull57, I did the update, but it seemed to only update my DM. Is there something I'm missing?
    10-29-09 07:51 AM
    got it to work too
    10-29-09 11:36 AM
    There is a Desktop Manager updated but that has nothing to do with the dimming. Just updates the DM. There is also a 5.0 Core update when you plug your phone into DM. I fixed my dimming issue this way: First I went into Options/Keyboard-Screen and set it not to auto dim, saved and then went to the clock and it's options and disabled the bedside mode dim there also. Now it seems my screen stays at the brightness I have selected 90%.
    10-29-09 05:20 PM
    I've noticed that when I disable bedside mode on the clock, my screen will NOT dim when flipped to the landscape mode.

I highly suspect that the folks that don't have dimming issues do not use bedside mode.
    I've never used bedside since getting the Storm last Jan. and I've put damn near every leaked OS or Hybrid on this thing and this problem never started for me until I started using the 5.0 OS's so still thinking it's a bug, but I can live with tilting down and back again.
    10-29-09 07:28 PM
    DanD2 -Turning off auto dim under the clock options and setting it to not go into bedside mode when charging seems to have helped a lot. I've been sitting here watching the world series and doing some light texting. By now it would have dimmed a dozen times, but it's done it once.

I owe you a beer or three.
    10-29-09 09:19 PM
    Sorry, disabled autodimming in options and also bedside mode. Thought the problem was licked but after a few hours it came right back.

Bob
    10-29-09 10:18 PM
    I really hope RIM is working on a fix for this issue. I may be a little "rain man" with it but it is really irritating to me. I am loving 5.0....just like a whole new phone except that damn dimming! My wife (who doesn't get into the whole tech thing) also has a storm and made a comment on how it bothers her....the fact that she is even bothered by it made me feel a little better.
    10-30-09 04:59 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD