ok so my wife called me today on her lunch break a little upset. She is not allowed to have anything on a speaker at work. She uses iheartradio on her BB Storm with the OEM headphones at work. well today her phone decided to keep switching between headphones and speakerphone while listening to the radio. she was hollered at and was not happy at all. the only thing that changed between yesterday and today was the OS. Is anyone else having this issue? I tested the phone and it seems to do it with all media that has sound. It isn't the headphone jack because when i twist the jack it doesn't switch. i left it sit still and it was doing it. very confused
    10-26-09 07:15 PM
    so when the headphones are plugged in the sound would come out of the speaker on the phone itself? It shouldnt do that. Might try a different pair of headphones. If that doesnt work you might have faulty hardware.
    10-26-09 07:17 PM
    I've listened to music and played some videos today and have not noticed this issue while using my earbuds
    10-26-09 07:21 PM
    so when the headphones are plugged in the sound would come out of the speaker on the phone itself? It shouldnt do that. Might try a different pair of headphones. If that doesnt work you might have faulty hardware.
    the point is that this has never happened since we have had these phones. it just started today and the only change is the OS. the phone was changing the output from earbuds to speakerphone. i'm going to try another set of headhones

edit - tried multiple headsets and the phone keeps doing the same thing switching from headphones to speaker.
    Last edited by bjmoore26; 10-26-09 at 07:35 PM. Reason: update
    10-26-09 07:25 PM
    Maybe try reinstalling the software? Has it happened on yours?
    10-26-09 07:37 PM
    Maybe try reinstalling the software? Has it happened on yours?
    no hasn't happened at all on mine.
    10-26-09 07:49 PM
    Hmmm, maybe you might wanna try reloading her software and try it while at home to see if it does it afterwards.
    10-26-09 07:52 PM
    Hmmm, maybe you might wanna try reloading her software and try it while at home to see if it does it afterwards.
    will give it a shot later. thanks for the info. will post the results here if it works
    10-26-09 08:02 PM
    ok i reloaded her software and this thing is still jacked up. it is really pissing me off. I paid a lot of money for this thing and I expect it to work better than this
    10-27-09 06:03 PM
    I haven't had a chance to use my headphones with .328 yet, but I've had this problem with other OS's in the past year. It mainly happened on 4.7 versions before .151. It is pretty embarrassing, almost like the phone forgets headphones are plugged in. The official .148 was probably the worst for me. If the problem is on this official release, then it's obvious that Verizon/Blackberry doesn't really want me to stop using an iPod or steal customers from Apple.
    10-27-09 06:19 PM
    I haven't had a chance to use my headphones with .328 yet, but I've had this problem with other OS's in the past year. It mainly happened on 4.7 versions before .151. It is pretty embarrassing, almost like the phone forgets headphones are plugged in. The official .148 was probably the worst for me. If the problem is on this official release, then it's obvious that Verizon/Blackberry doesn't really want me to stop using an iPod or steal customers from Apple.
    with official .148 (which i was running til upgrade sunday night) we had no issues with anything. I love the new OS but this bug sucks. It's only her phone that is doing it. I'm thinking I might need to take it back to Verizon
    10-27-09 07:14 PM
    I am having the same issue except I can't even get it to play through the headphones at all. My Storm is my phone, pda, and MP3 player and now I have lost the mp3 playback feature. I have to say I am very frustrated as I just bought some new music to listen to and now have no option but to burn a CD and listen to it in the car or stereo at home. RIMM and VERIZON better fix this quick otherwise I am turning mine in on Oct 28th for the DROID or they are going to give me a Storm2 for free!
    Last edited by mcowell; 10-27-09 at 09:32 PM. Reason: error
    10-27-09 09:31 PM
    Any new information on this issue? I am having similar problems. It does not do it as often (still too much though) as it does when I use the headphone jack to plug into the auxiliary jack on my car stereo. I will be listening to Pandora or Slacker and it will switch from speakerphone to the car speakers. The other oddity is that it will randomly switch to the voice command. SO I plug the auxiliary jack in and it starts playing music then suddenly I hear "Say a command". My convenience keys are set to volume, camera, and Vlingo so I know it isn't me unknowingly pushing the button.
    01-16-10 04:46 PM
    This just started to happen to me over the last 3 days on .328.

This has never happened on any other software and Ive had 328 since day 1.So Im guessing it a hardware issue.

Im talking on the phone and it goes crazy and starts switching from headphone to headset, back and forth back and forth. Its made the phone useless for me these last couple of days.

Got tired of it and went to Verizon and told them to send me another one.

So now I have my 4th Storm on the way to me. I was really eyeballing the Android phones when I was there.

Starting to get fed up with all these BB hardware and software issues.
    01-16-10 06:09 PM
    Actually am not using headphones,just the computer speaker,i just notice it once and you know what i did? i cut the coated plastic of the speaker jack w/ the razor blade to make it properly inserted to the phone jack and it worked.Now i have my Jupiter jack to use in a car,good for music and phone calls(the only problem is PRIVACY )no need of bluetooth or headphones.
    01-16-10 11:29 PM
    It amazes me how many people have problems with the headphone port when it is such a basic thing that you wouldn't think they could scree up...lol! Glad I never use mine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 04:21 AM
    It may be the third party app. With Slacker app, native music app, and even the phone app, I've had no issues.
    My only suggestion is to check the iheartradio settings (I have never used the app myself). Also, open the app without headphones, then plug them in while the music plays.

EDIT for clarification:
    On any OS, from 4.7.0.75, through .113 and up and up, and on all the 5.0.0.x, up to and including .419. (On 2 9530s)
    Last edited by aubinhick990; 01-17-10 at 03:27 PM. Reason: see above
    01-17-10 03:25 PM
    Mine does it on Pandora and Slacker
    01-17-10 07:10 PM
    This is happening for me on iheart, slacker, and media player. Ill never get a blackberry again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 02:19 AM
    Bad news - just starting having this same issue with my Storm2. I started a thread about it, without much luck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/is...-audio-434420/
    03-11-10 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD