Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone

I'm pretty sure that like most of you, $70 to buy a product for the BB is a little pricey... I'll just have to wait for a sale.
    10-26-09 05:07 PM
    Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone

I'm pretty sure that like most of you, $70 to buy a product for the BB is a little pricey... I'll just have to wait for a sale.
    It came free as part of the 4.5 OS update for my 8300 Curve
    10-26-09 05:16 PM
    Just updated! Good find.
    10-26-09 05:16 PM
    I have the 4.5 too and mine comes with it but isn't there like a pro or deluxe version also that you can buy? I removed it from my bb, don't need it...yet.
    10-26-09 05:20 PM
    There is a free version (standard) that you can update from version 1.... I think the premium version, which costs $70, has more options. I always use the standard, so not sure of all the features available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 05:24 PM
    I paid to upgrade to the premium version when I first got my Bold. Now they want to charge $30 for me to upgrade to version 2. Not sure if it is worth it; can anyone out there using version 2 tell me if the differences make it worth while?
    10-26-09 05:25 PM
    I paid to upgrade to the premium version when I first got my Bold. Now they want to charge $30 for me to upgrade to version 2. Not sure if it is worth it; can anyone out there using version 2 tell me if the differences make it worth while?
    I paid $70 for the premium version last year. I don't see myself paying to upgrade again with the features listed. They claim their PDF viewer is better. I use Repligo Reader for PDF viewing.
    10-26-09 05:45 PM
    I initially had a problem downloading the v2.000 maintenance release as it would always fail with a 907 - Invalid COD. That was the first time I'd seen that with DataViz, so in case anyone else runs into the same issue it's fixed with a delete/reinstall. See this DataViz doc for instructions.
    10-27-09 09:49 AM
    DTG 2.0 is NOT working on my Storm running 5.0. The old version worked just fine on 5.0 but the new upgrade doesn't. Does that make sense? I didn't think so.
    10-27-09 01:58 PM
    True, it doesn't make sense. What's exactly not working?
    10-27-09 02:48 PM
    I had Premium Version 1, upgraded to Premium Version 2 this afternoon. The process was somewhat quirky, as the upgrade instructions referenced menu choices that exist ony after the upgrade. Hmm�
    With that said, --
    � The PDF upgrade is significantly improved and now supports find, copy-paste, and can read bookmarks.
    � Biggest thing might be a real file manager that offers file managment functions (delete, move, copy, rename, properties) within the app menus. Always thought that omission was a real deficiency.
    � Also downloads a file manager/syncing app (must d/l companion desktop app) that cleverly syncs BlackBerry (even native memory) and desktop according to the files you select. Very nice.
    � I also have File Manager Pro so it is hard to tell which menus belong to which app, but the D2G file managment menus seem so similar to File Manager Pro that I suspect they subcontracted those functions although I can't find any credits to that affect.
    � <takes deep breath> Haven't had time to play with the functions of the apps themselves. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 04:39 PM
    It turns out that DataViz had me registered for an older OS version than I was actually using. That made it "incompatible" after i upgraded. Their customer service was excellent! They updated my version and sent new download links right away. Everything works great now. I still need to download the PC software so that I can sync DTG with my BB.

I've had this software for well over 5 years and it's always worked for me. I figured it was the phone not the software.
    10-27-09 06:05 PM
    Good to hear it. DataViz has always been reliable for me as well. I've used used for probably 5 years as well (back in the Treo days).
    10-27-09 06:17 PM
    I agree, Docs-To-Go is a reliable product. It is just grossly overpriced on BlackBerrys.

I just upgraded to v2 on my 8900 running OS 5 and it works fine but I have no icons for Word, Sheet and Slideshow. The PDF icon is there fine.

I have deleted and re-downloaded and it does the same thing.

DataViz do not specifcy that v2 works with OS 5 so maybe that is the problem.
    10-28-09 06:49 AM
    Last edited by dj_matty_s; 08-19-10 at 06:59 PM.
    10-28-09 07:57 AM
    Anyone know if this upgrade is fully compatible with OS 5.0?

Reason I ask being I upgraded from the older Docs 2 Go, and now the icons are simple blue squares, not the usual ones from before the upgrade....any idea how to fix this????
    They're like that in .53 as well. It's not an OS 5 thing only.
    10-28-09 04:48 PM
    I agree, Docs-To-Go is a reliable product. It is just grossly overpriced on BlackBerrys.

I just upgraded to v2 on my 8900 running OS 5 and it works fine but I have no icons for Word, Sheet and Slideshow. The PDF icon is there fine.

I have deleted and re-downloaded and it does the same thing.

DataViz do not specifcy that v2 works with OS 5 so maybe that is the problem.
    I have the new v2 downloaded on os 5.0.0.328 working great.
    10-28-09 04:53 PM
    I also agree the $30 upgrade is kind of expensive after paying $70 for the premium. For me the best thing is the ability to interface with desktop. Now it is easy to bring files into dtg on device.
    10-28-09 04:55 PM
    Last edited by dj_matty_s; 08-19-10 at 06:58 PM.
    10-28-09 11:03 PM
    I;m not even able to edit documents anymore. Anyone having this problem? I was able to edit my excel and word docs with my standard Docs to go and OS 4.7 until I upgraded to OS 5.0. Now I have NO editing abilities at all, just viewing.
    11-01-09 10:21 PM
    Okay so I just couldn't not upgrade and paid the $30 for premium edition 2. I have had no problem with the icons that's described by others but I do have an issue with the desktop sync. The software seems to have installed correctly; I have installed the necessary app on the phone and everything seems to be okay until I click on add folder. Then it just hangs. If I try and do something I get the 'program not responding' message and I have to close it! Any ideas?
    11-02-09 10:27 AM
    I just upgraded; and its worth it for me..
    But it is on sale now for $14.99!

I would have to skip some meals to afford the $70.00 price tag.
    11-02-09 04:41 PM
    I upgraded and it works perfectly...icons are fine for me....and it was only $9.99!
    11-03-09 08:17 PM
    Has anyone found a solution to the icon problem? I have just installed docs to go premium 2 on my 9700 and I have the same issue. I searched the forums and found this thread but there doesn't seem to be an update giving a solution to the problem.

I searched the dataviz site and found this support document: DocID: 14430 - The icons for Word To Go, Sheet To Go, and Slideshow To Go are generic after updating Documents To Go for BlackBerry. but I only have the one standard theme installed so there is no way I can change themes. I have reset the theme defaults but I don't have the icons for sheets, slideshow and word back!

Can anyone help?
    01-09-10 10:05 AM
    Has anyone found a solution to the icon problem?
    This note was at the bottom of the support document on the DataViz website:

NOTE: This problem may happen when using BlackBerry OS 5.0 on your device, because RIM/BlackBerry has not yet updated the theme to include new Documents To Go icons.

Guess we have to wait for RIM then....shouldn't take too long!!
    01-10-10 01:41 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD