I upgraded last night, and i installed facebook a number of times, and the icon does not show up anywhere (i already checked all folders and to see if it was hidden). Can someone help me?
    10-26-09 03:04 PM
    I'm having the same exact problem.
    10-26-09 03:13 PM
    im thinking about trying to reinstall .328, could that possibly work?
    10-26-09 03:23 PM
    Ok everyone, here is the fix:

Open Browser, point to m.facebook.com and go. When you're there, bookmark the page.

There, no need for a memory leaking, laggy, and honestly ugly app!
    10-26-09 03:23 PM

Open Browser, point to m.facebook.com and go. When you're there, bookmark the page.

uh, that fixes nothing. you fail.
    10-26-09 03:25 PM

ok everyone, this is not a fix for my problem, im still here confused
    10-26-09 03:27 PM
    I had the same problem, here's what I did:

I went into My App World and uninstalled the program. Go into setting>applications and delete facebook to make sure its completely gone. Battery Pull. Go into My App World and reinstall and it should work.
    10-26-09 03:27 PM
    how do you uninstall it in app world?
    10-26-09 03:29 PM
    I had the same problem, here's what I did:

I went into My App World and uninstalled the program. Go into setting>applications and delete facebook to make sure its completely gone. Battery Pull. Go into My App World and reinstall and it should work.
    +1. Do an uninstall, battery pull, and reinstall from either Appworld or via the mobile site.
    10-26-09 03:30 PM
    how do you uninstall it in app world?
    Appworld -> My World-> Select it and hit menu -> Delete

Or on your home screen -> Options -> Applications -> Change the option in the top right corner to "Add-on" -> Select Facebook -> Menu button -> Delete
    10-26-09 03:31 PM
    Yea, delete... Sorry, haha. I hope it works, it did the trick for me.
    10-26-09 03:35 PM
    trying it now, but does anyone get the messages at start up about uncaught exception: lang....?
    10-26-09 03:41 PM
    and it didn't work
    10-26-09 03:42 PM
    Strange. Did it show up in Appworld or under applications when you went to remove it? What version did you reinstall?
    10-26-09 03:51 PM
    I just tried to do what people listed on here, and after I reloaded Facebook and hit run in App World, the Facebook icon on my home screen still doesn't show up. The Facebook application is listed in the applications list under Add-On, but I can't access the application. I downloaded the new OS last night using Desktop Manager on a Mac. I'm also still getting the java errors every time I turn on the phone. What's also weird is that after I deleted the Facebook application before doing a battery pull, there was a Facebook icon on my home screen, but it just takes me to a link to download the application. This is quite frustrating.
    10-26-09 03:53 PM
    trying it now, but does anyone get the messages at start up about uncaught exception: lang....?
    I'm getting the same errors when I turn on my phone. I think it may be related to upgrading the OS from Desktop Manager on a Mac from other threads on here, how did you upgrade?
    10-26-09 03:54 PM
    paulmike3, I followed ur instructions, but a) couldn't find fbook in my applications at all, and b) even though I got the "fbook was installed successfully" screen, I still can't find it anywhere. I'm having the same problem with bbm 5. Both of these apps were working fine before I upgraded to the new OS last night. Any thoughts?
    10-26-09 03:55 PM
    What's also weird is that after I deleted the Facebook application before doing a battery pull, there was a Facebook icon on my home screen, but it just takes me to a link to download the application. This is quite frustrating.
    When the icon showed up and it went to the d/l site, is that where you reisntalled it from? Or Appworld?
    10-26-09 03:56 PM
    I just tried to do what people listed on here, and after I reloaded Facebook and hit run in App World, the Facebook icon on my home screen still doesn't show up. The Facebook application is listed in the applications list under Add-On, but I can't access the application. I downloaded the new OS last night using Desktop Manager on a Mac. I'm also still getting the java errors every time I turn on the phone. What's also weird is that after I deleted the Facebook application before doing a battery pull, there was a Facebook icon on my home screen, but it just takes me to a link to download the application. This is quite frustrating.
    same here! I am wondering if it is a Mac issue only because everything you just described has been what has happened with my phone including deleting the FB app only to see the icon show up in the home screen but only to be directed to download. I hope they(Verizon) fixes this soon. I just got off the phone with them and said that a lot of people are having this issue and I don't know if it is a Mac vs PC issue with the upgrade. HELP US!
    10-26-09 03:57 PM
    arydolphin ad tallyviperz, I'm getting the same error messages when I turn the phone on. 2 per reboot. I did find that if I reinstalled the old bbm thru DM-Mac, it loaded just fine and was functional...as soon as I tried to upgrade to bbm 5 thru AppWorld it says it installed correctly, but there's no icon anywhere. U guys havin the same trouble?
    10-26-09 03:59 PM
    for bbm 5, i went to BlackBerry Messenger and it downloaded it for me
    10-26-09 04:02 PM
    When the icon showed up and it went to the d/l site, is that where you reisntalled it from? Or Appworld?
    Installed it from App World this time, didn't show up. Earlier in the day I installed it from the link, also didn't show up.
    10-26-09 04:13 PM
    arydolphin ad tallyviperz, I'm getting the same error messages when I turn the phone on. 2 per reboot. I did find that if I reinstalled the old bbm thru DM-Mac, it loaded just fine and was functional...as soon as I tried to upgrade to bbm 5 thru AppWorld it says it installed correctly, but there's no icon anywhere. U guys havin the same trouble?
    I get 2 errors per reboot (sorry, too lazy to write what they actually say, but it's similar to you). I was able to get BBM 5 working by downloading it from the website like someone else posted on here.

My wife is going to bring her computer home later today or tomorrow, it's a Windows laptop from work, I'm going to try to reinstall OS 5.0 at that time.
    10-26-09 04:15 PM
    A lot of people are having the same problems with the Mac download - uncaught exception errors, disappearing Facebook, etc... Here's another thread.
    10-26-09 04:22 PM
    thanks tallyvierz...any luck w FB?
    10-26-09 04:23 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD