Is there anyway to remove the callback number line on the new threaded SMS screen. When in landscape, there isn't much room to see what all has been written when the keyboard is up. Just wondering...
    10-26-09 01:20 PM
    Yes I would like to know as well.. Good question..
    10-26-09 01:22 PM
    No way to remove other than to wait for RIM/Verizon to figure out this feature is unneccessary. Have you noticed that most of these numbers are either Verizon Wireless users or they are part of your Top Ten numbers that you assigned to your account?
    10-26-09 01:30 PM
    I haven't heard of a way to hide or remove the callback number, but I don't like it either. It would also be nice to hide the keyboard and show your entire conversation, until you actually click on the field for entering your message.
    10-26-09 01:33 PM
    I haven't heard of a way to hide or remove the callback number, but I don't like it either. It would also be nice to hide the keyboard and show your entire conversation, until you actually click on the field for entering your message.
    +1...hiding the call back number and being able to force the keyboard from appearing until I CHOOSE is really important...it's annoying that I seem to have to close down the keyboard every time I get an sms...!
    Hoping for a quick fix on this!
    10-26-09 01:44 PM
    I agree with all of these. Obviously I know how to call that person back if I have either sent or received a text message from them. If that was gone, I think I would like the new SMS much better.
    10-26-09 01:58 PM
    The callback number in SMS view is pointless. Takes up too much space and is extremely irritating. A terrible feature and we need an option to shut it off. It makes landscape view almost unusable. I can only read two lines of text when the keyboard is open. Awful.
    10-27-09 01:48 PM
    I hate this with a passion. Its so dumb.
    11-20-09 04:45 PM
    Yes there is.

Options, sms text, then delete your number where it says call back number. Then hit save.

If u want the other persons call back number off, tell them to delete theirs haha.

I had a friend who told me my callback number was on and I deleted mine. For changes to happen u need to clear chat log.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 08:44 PM
    Yes there is.

Options, sms text, then delete your number where it says call back number. Then hit save.

If u want the other persons call back number off, tell them to delete theirs haha.

I had a friend who told me my callback number was on and I deleted mine. For changes to happen u need to clear chat log.

This only works until the device is rebooted I believe.
    11-20-09 11:20 PM
    Yeah once u battery pull u have to remember to do it again.

Blame it on RIM!

11-21-09 02:43 AM
    I have mine turned off and no it doesn't come back after a reboot. My callback number is never displayed. And even the people that I know that still have their phones set to put their call back in their messages don't come up with that on my phone. Go into options and change your settings.

11-21-09 02:57 AM
    I have mine turned off and no it doesn't come back after a reboot. My callback number is never displayed. And even the people that I know that still have their phones set to put their call back in their messages don't come up with that on my phone. Go into options and change your settings.

Only verizon users show callback no.s

And I have tested this numerous times and it reappears after battery pull.

Options , sms text, callback number

What settings are u talking about?

11-21-09 03:17 AM
    Only verizon users show callback no.s

And I have tested this numerous times and it reappears after battery pull.

Options , sms text, callback number

What settings are u talking about?

I'm using Verizon and I don't have the callback displayed. Not for out going or incoming messages. I don't remember where I found the setting. Try looking in the options menu.

11-21-09 03:27 AM
    go to options, sms text, and see if your number appears where it says "call back number". If its there erase it and then save.

Now pull your battery and once it boots up check back and your number reappears!

11-21-09 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD