Even after the 5.0 upgrade? Just out of curiosity, if the new upgrade changed peoples opinions and perspective of the phone itself.
    10-26-09 01:16 PM
    If only there were 462843721649704603 threads about this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 01:18 PM
    If only there were 462843721649704603 threads about this

So, whats your opinion? Are you keeping yours or getting rid of it? If neither, I'm not sure why you posted in here, if only to point out the reduncency of this thread.
    10-26-09 01:56 PM
    Even after the 5.0 upgrade? Just out of curiosity, if the new upgrade changed peoples opinions and perspective of the phone itself.
    i'm thinking about it. depends on if my screen remains responsive. i'd like to see what else is released by verizon first
    10-26-09 08:57 PM
    I plan on getting rid of mine. Trying to find a curve or a cheaper tour.....might wait awhile
    11-12-09 07:52 PM
    I spent a lot of time obsessing about the droid and how I was going to get rid of my S1 but after all I decidecided to sit back and wait... I'm actually pretty friggin happy with my S1 and plan on keeping it till I actually need a new phone.

11-12-09 08:22 PM
    my storm was on a huge upswing with .148, but it's been down hill since then. i'm counting the days till xmas when i'm eligible to upgrade, and i'm getting android in some fashion. in the mean time, i'll let RIM figure out this whole "consumer email" thing on their own. i'm tired of paying for service and waiting for the phone to come together in the mean time.

i'm bailing
    11-12-09 09:25 PM
    Hi, my name is Mr Jerome, and I'm no longer addict to CRACKberry! I have a new drug of choice called DROID! All I know is that once I got DROID, I was no longer addicted. I have no withdrawals, no battery pulls, no night sweats, no clicking sounds when I want to send a txt or email while my wife is sleeping, she would catch me smoking the crack pipe every time but not with DROID! I kicked the habit in 5minutes when it booted up the first time in less than 30 seconds, oh my! I setup my account with google and was on my way to a new life, free of trying to do, when iDROID can.

Oh yea the reception is 3 bars in stead of none in my house, I got rid of the Verizon extender, It is no longer needed!
    Email me at [email protected]
    11-14-09 12:07 PM
    How's the push email?
    11-14-09 12:43 PM
    How's the push email?
    gmail and corporate or 'BES' as you BBtards know it, is push....everything else is set on a 15 min polling sync, or you can manually sync at any time, and it won't interrupt the 15 min regular sync as scheduled. but i mostly use gmail now anyway, so no change for me.

but i will say this: as long as you're not sending large files back and forth in the BIS system, BB is still king of email. but if you want to be able to do anything else at all with any resemblance to efficiency, then RIM sucks the big one. mmm, sweet lemonade!

my buddy morganizer ditched the 9550 and went strictly droid for work email, and he says that once you get the email forwarded to gmail, life is grand. everything works so well, and fast, and guess what!!! it looks good while it does it too.

unless you're married to like 30 email addresses or BES exclusively for work, then android is worth a serious look.

it's all of the functions, features and convenience of a blackberry, times 1000, and the smoothness and speed of an iphone, without all of the proprietary locked down software. it is the ultimate consumer device (at the moment) and will continue to be until apple gives up the iron grip, or RIM changes like 30 things about their software/hardware/infrastructure. but i doubt either of those two scenarios will play out any time soon. apple is the way they are because they're making money, and none of the sheeple will challenge their ways, and RIM is married to the "email security" and won't give that up for us lowly consumer users. so in the mean time, android, AHOY!
    11-14-09 03:08 PM
    Im staying with my S1, unless someone offer me a 50bucks or less for S2 . its not worth jumping to S2 w/minimal upgrade.
    11-14-09 03:20 PM
    upgrading one of my business lines lines next week so i can upgrade to storm2
    5.0 is great, have been running it since the first leak, but would enjoy more memory+better click. I am still on my original storm as well
    11-14-09 03:29 PM
    gmail and corporate or 'BES' as you BBtards know it, is push....everything else is set on a 15 min polling sync, or you can manually sync at any time, and it won't interrupt the 15 min regular sync as scheduled. but i mostly use gmail now anyway, so no change for me.

but i will say this: as long as you're not sending large files back and forth in the BIS system, BB is still king of email. but if you want to be able to do anything else at all with any resemblance to efficiency, then RIM sucks the big one. mmm, sweet lemonade!

my buddy morganizer ditched the 9550 and went strictly droid for work email, and he says that once you get the email forwarded to gmail, life is grand. everything works so well, and fast, and guess what!!! it looks good while it does it too.

unless you're married to like 30 email addresses or BES exclusively for work, then android is worth a serious look.

it's all of the functions, features and convenience of a blackberry, times 1000, and the smoothness and speed of an iphone, without all of the proprietary locked down software. it is the ultimate consumer device (at the moment) and will continue to be until apple gives up the iron grip, or RIM changes like 30 things about their software/hardware/infrastructure. but i doubt either of those two scenarios will play out any time soon. apple is the way they are because they're making money, and none of the sheeple will challenge their ways, and RIM is married to the "email security" and won't give that up for us lowly consumer users. so in the mean time, android, AHOY!

I'm just yankin chains dude, i barely make use of all the "real" BB features. FWIW the storm will probably be my last BB (was my first as well ) unless something seriously changes. But I'm still not upgrading to anything but a 4G device. Net speed is paramount on my list of priorities. Any kind of competition against the Apple Army is a good thing in my books. Next few years are going to be REEEALLY interesting. Even the Sony Xperia, I hear, is running a modified Android (albeit 1.6), good things comin

But at the end of the day, I am still quite happy with my storm and dont have any problems using it for the next year or so.
    11-14-09 04:28 PM
    after playin with droid yesterday, YES MORE THAN EVER

F--K THIS PHONE

i almost bought it ystrdy but they tried a little bait and switch
    prob gonna try again later today..
    11-14-09 05:48 PM
    I'm waiting for the HTC Passion, and when it drops me and my golf clubs are going to get medieval with my Storm. I won't even sell it to anyone else........
    11-14-09 06:11 PM
    I'm waiting for the HTC Passion, and when it drops me and my golf clubs are going to get medieval with my Storm. I won't even sell it to anyone else........
    lolol - gonna go office space on it eh?
    11-14-09 06:18 PM
    lolol - gonna go office space on it eh?
    LOL- I love that movie.
    11-14-09 11:56 PM
    Last night someone called me and I needed to take down another number.

I hit the button for memopad. I get to it, and I hit the button to go to the numeric keypad. It doesn't work. then I realize none of the keys work.

This specific issue had never happened before. However, it did happen when I needed it most.

This is why I am getting rid of this abortion as soon as possible. It is not reliable. It will work fine until I absolutely need it to work, then some nonsense bull**** bug will pop up and ruin things. None of the issues are easily reproducable so it is impossible to even prove they happen, but they aren't a figment of my imagination.
    11-15-09 02:16 PM
    I'm replacing my Storm 1 with the new Blackberry 8530, when its released.
    11-15-09 02:17 PM
    It's still as bad as it ever was I see! After countless upgrades, os updates, tweaks this phone is still unusable.
    The other phones like the droid that are out at the moment blitz it! As does any other bb phone
    11-16-09 01:55 PM
    I sold mine i got a decent amount for it so I am happy.
    11-16-09 05:41 PM
    My next phone will be Storm LTE (IFF RIM switches off the Java Platform and grants decent app memory) or the iPhone LTE (Hopefully with MSN and multi tasking by then)
    11-16-09 08:10 PM
    As soon as xmas is over and my CC bill is down, I'm kicking the Storm and going Droid. I've said since day 1 that the browser is my #1 priority. RIM seems to think that the browser is an afterthought, which is very evident in 5.0 on both S1 and S2. I'm out.
    11-16-09 09:35 PM
    Yes.. i am dropping the storm and bb.. working with verizon now to trade it out for a droid. I have never had such a poor expereince. A jitterbug phone beats out the storm. YOU CAN AT LEAST MAKE CALLS CONSISTENTLY and it is only 29.95.. since the upgrade i cannot synch and i am back to battery pulls.. Time for RIM to pass into the annals of history. they have missed the ship..
    11-17-09 04:32 AM
    As soon as xmas is over and my CC bill is down, I'm kicking the Storm and going Droid. I've said since day 1 that the browser is my #1 priority. RIM seems to think that the browser is an afterthought, which is very evident in 5.0 on both S1 and S2. I'm out.
    Nah, they bought Torch Mobile which specializes in WebKit browsers and RIM has said they have one coming that will support Flash and Silverlight...however that won't be out until the summer or so, which is quite a long wait so I don't blame you for jumping ship.
    11-17-09 10:55 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD