First off, I hold Crackberry to be a pretty reliable source for information within my blackberry needs or wants, so I'm not attacking Crackberry for anything.

I called three stores in my local area of Mesa Arizona. Two of the three stores still claim they have no idea what I am talking about when I said the storm 2 is launching on the 28th of October. The other was rushed and said they open at 10 AM and have no idea how many they will have... that same store claimed though, that the phone was announced "some time ago" so I feel that their information is lacking as well....

So....

I called 611 to see what they could tell me... and the rep(I know I know) said he had not heard when it would be out and I must have gotten information from somewhere that isn't reputable.... after a brief laugh, I cited not only crackberry but numerous different internet sites that claim it will be launched on the 28th per big red.... he said he didn't know....

So WTF is going on? If Verizon said the 28th then why are the reps still plauing the "i don't know" game... that is if it is a game anyway...
    10-26-09 01:16 PM
    VZW announced it earlier today. Its on their own website.
    10-26-09 01:19 PM
    There's even a link in the post on CB's front page to the Press Release. So what exactly is the problem?
    10-26-09 01:20 PM
    well if you read what I wrote.....

the problem is that sales at two stores still claim its not coming out yet and a phone rep says he doesn't know when it is coming out...

I believe what I saw on CB... its getting a straight answer for Verizon that is eluding me...
    10-26-09 01:24 PM
    Understandable. They're probably just giving you the run around, and like most have mentioned, it looks like pre-orders are non-existent with this phone. Just wait until 12am Wed. to order, or go into your store that next morning, and I'm sure all will be good .
    10-26-09 01:25 PM
    call metro center and surprise. metro said yes and surprise said let me check and said yes the 28th
    10-26-09 01:26 PM
    What you need to check is see if those stores are authorized retailer/agents or corporate stores? All corporate stores have been informed on the release and the retailer or agent stores may not be carry the Storm 2 right away. Sometimes they have just the Corporate stores launch first. And seeing how there has not been any major big deal made of the Storm 2 launch by Verizon this could very well be the case.
    10-26-09 01:27 PM

the problem is that sales at two stores still claim its not coming out yet and a phone rep says he doesn't know when it is coming out...

I believe what I saw on CB... its getting a straight answer for Verizon that is eluding me...
    the problem is. none of the people you're talking to get the info any quicker than we do.

most of them probably have no idea the phone is launching the 28th. especially the store reps.
    10-26-09 01:27 PM
    I did. Many VZW CS reps and store CS reps are completely clueless about what's going on within their own company. Its not the least bit surprising that you got those responses.

No worries. It'll be released on Wednesday. :-)
    10-26-09 01:28 PM
    good replies all, I take pride in my work so it bothers me to hear that a manager at the alam school store has no idea.... just annoys me...
    10-26-09 01:33 PM

Here is the press release direct from VZW, I guess you could direct them to the web address. A Powerful New Storm Rolls Onto Verizon Wireless� Network On Oct. 28
    10-26-09 02:50 PM
    Funny thing is I read it to him and told him where to find it and he still said it needs to be on the verizon site to be legit... go figure...
    10-26-09 03:19 PM
    Same thing happened to me just now.... I called BestBuy first ... they had "no clue", but I should call tomorrow to see if their ship [ment] came in.

I then called VZW store here ... a very nice [but blonde sounding] girl answered ... god, I didn't expect to be getting a valley girl working there ... Here's the way it went:
    GIRL: Helloooo.
    ME: Hi, I was calling for a bit of information. I'm now upgrade eligible...
    GIRL: Oooo, that's groovy.
    ME: ... and I wondered if you'll have the Blackberry Storm 2 in store on Wednesday.
    GIRL: Oh, like, I don't think we know anything about that.
    ME: You ARE Verizon, aren't you?
    GIRL: No, I just work here.
    ME: Right ... I didn't mean you owned the company ... just meant ... umm ... wondered if you would have the 9550 Storm in on Wednesday.
    GIRL: Well, I haven't heard ...
    ME: Verizon has announced its release.
    (bit of a pause)
    GIRL: Oh. Really?
    ME: Really.
    GIRL: I'll ask my manager.
    ME: Great.
    (pause)
    GIRL: Umm ... YES, we should have it.
    ME: Good. Good. I really thought, since it's been announced, you would be authorized to share the secret.
    GIRL: (giggle) Yes
    ME: Bye, now ... take care.
    GIRL: Bye. Bye.
    ME: [click]
    Last edited by weather spotter; 10-26-09 at 03:21 PM.
    10-26-09 03:19 PM
    Funny thing is I read it to him and told him where to find it and he still said it needs to be on the verizon site to be legit... go figure...
    OMG.... It IS on their website!!!

A Powerful New Storm Rolls Onto Verizon Wireless� Network On Oct. 28

10-26-09 03:23 PM
    Basically, we hear rumors about releases, but they do get moved sometimes. But, until it is officially announced by the company (and not necessarily on the website), they should not say anything about it, frustrating for sure.Any rep who reads their email should know about the Storm 2 release. Keeping up with company information is an area of opportunity apparently.
    10-26-09 03:36 PM
    Yeah, their just reps. Listen to the big red themselves!
    10-26-09 04:01 PM
    Went in to my local store today... They were all talking about it. They had just gotten a chance that morning before work to play with and were raving about it.
    10-26-09 04:03 PM
    Same thing happened to me up in Northern Michigan. Called 3 corporate VZW stores, none of them had a single clue what I was talking about. They all had no idea when the phone was coming out. I then called the CS as well, and they did know either. I directed everyone I talked to straight to the press release on VZW.com.
    10-26-09 04:27 PM
    First off, I hold Crackberry to be a pretty reliable source for information within my blackberry needs or wants, so I'm not attacking Crackberry for anything.

I called three stores in my local area of Mesa Arizona. Two of the three stores still claim they have no idea what I am talking about when I said the storm 2 is launching on the 28th of October. The other was rushed and said they open at 10 AM and have no idea how many they will have... that same store claimed though, that the phone was announced "some time ago" so I feel that their information is lacking as well....

So....

I called 611 to see what they could tell me... and the rep(I know I know) said he had not heard when it would be out and I must have gotten information from somewhere that isn't reputable.... after a brief laugh, I cited not only crackberry but numerous different internet sites that claim it will be launched on the 28th per big red.... he said he didn't know....

So WTF is going on? If Verizon said the 28th then why are the reps still plauing the "i don't know" game... that is if it is a game anyway...
    i called 611 too to hear what it would cost me to go from Storm 1 to 2 and he also stated that he didn't have an exact date on when the release would happen and it was up to me if chose to believe the information that has been put out there. I also called to see if they could tell me why I no longer have FB after the upgrade.
    10-26-09 04:33 PM
    I just called my local vzw to make an appointment. Not only did they deny it coming out on wednesday, I had to speak with TWO different sales reps before I finally read the URL to them. 30 minutes later I finally got my appointment and educated half of the department.
    10-26-09 04:36 PM
    It's just beyond belief how ignorant they are generally about this release. I know they're told NOT to PRE-announce, but you'd think they'd know when something IS announced ... I have to think they're aimed at the DROID ... d'ya think?
    10-26-09 04:38 PM
    What do you expect from regular reps? Seriously, when I worked in retail back in the day, we usually didn't know about anything until it showed up in our shipping bay in the back of the store. So either they haven't gotten any shipments yet or not getting any.....

.....they could also be playing the @$$ and playing the joke on people. Remember, it's just a J..O..B for most reps.
    10-26-09 04:43 PM
    I just called my local vzw to make an appointment. Not only did they deny it coming out on wednesday, I had to speak with TWO different sales reps before I finally read the URL to them. 30 minutes later I finally got my appointment and educated half of the department.

Hahaha classic
    10-26-09 04:47 PM
    I went to my local VZW store and the lady told me it was pushed out to Black Friday. :shrug:
    10-26-09 05:06 PM
    What do you expect from regular reps? Seriously, when I worked in retail back in the day, we usually didn't know about anything until it showed up in our shipping bay in the back of the store. So either they haven't gotten any shipments yet or not getting any.....

.....they could also be playing the @$$ and playing the joke on people. Remember, it's just a J..O..B for most reps.
    +++1.

Front end reps often know nothing about a product until it arrives in the store. Usually it's up to the manager to update his/her employees on the release of a particular product or device. Without that word, the whole store is uneducated. Especially with retail. Most retailers hate their jobs and could care less what's going on. They can be low paying and can be very unaccomodating.

Reps make commission off phones they sell so they are more concerned with phones they have now, not what phones they will get later, because chances are somebody else will get that rep's sale and he'll lose out.

It's retail. You have to work in it to understand how it all operates and the general mindset of a typical employee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 05:44 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD