Phone still works (accepts calls), but screen stays blank. Only way to remedy this so far is a battery pull, then to keep touching the screen every few seconds to keep the phone display awake.

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas, solutions? Verizon Wireless, model 9530. Thanks.
    Last edited by mikemilligan; 10-26-09 at 11:30 AM.
    10-26-09 11:14 AM
    Yeah...mine "upgraded" this morning and that happened all morning, now it seems to have stopped but...it is still buggie as all heck. I'm thinking about going back to .230 since it's much more stable.

Anyone else?
    10-26-09 03:41 PM
    After my upgrade my display has a white line on either side of the screen when flipping the phone sideways. Happen to anyone else or know where I can get answers?
    10-28-09 11:08 AM
    After my upgrade my display has a white line on either side of the screen when flipping the phone sideways. Happen to anyone else or know where I can get answers?
    From your home screen if you hit the Blackberry button 2x then options and change the layout to somthing besides what you currently have it on seems to be working to get rid of the white bars on most people Ive talked to.
    10-29-09 09:26 PM
    Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue yet?

I'm having the same problem. I upgraded last night, it completed successfully. Right after the upgrade, the screen went to sleep, and didn't wake until after a battery pull.

Now it's consistently doing this, and the only fix is a battery pull. The only other thing to do is figure out a way for your screen never to go to sleep, which would run the battery too quickly.
    11-02-09 06:23 AM
    I upgraded a friends storm over the weekend and had the same problem. every time the phone went to sleep the screen would never wake up. The phone was not frozen as i could still receive calls and use the camera (i could hear the shutter sound when taking pictures). I even wiped the phone and tried to reinstall but the exact same thing happened.

I had to downgrade this phone back to the previous OS.

I know I wasn't doing anything wrong since I updated 3 other storms the exact same way without any problems.
    11-02-09 06:59 AM
    Hi,

I upgraded my Storm to 5.0.
    Since the upgrade when I open the SMS box, it takes me to the sent messages. I can switch to sms inbox, but I want this to be default when I open my SMS box. Anyone any idea?

(btw, what's up with the childish sms layout )
    11-04-09 07:44 AM
    having the same problem. details are the same. anybody with a solution yet?
    11-04-09 11:51 PM
    This is actually an update to fix the former "mute while you're talking" problem on the previous update. Back then, when you're talking with your head tilted to hold the phone you most likely will hit "mute." So the new update dims the phone during a call to deactivate the buttons. I usually just press the screen and it comes back up.
    11-05-09 12:17 AM
    I have an answer, I think. I too upgraded my storm the day OS 5 came out. It went blank after the screen timeout and the screen would not come back on despite clicking it. I was on the phone with RIM, not VZW, RIM for 4 hours the day after the upgrade and they had no idea why. Now, I just found a knowledge base article dated 10/29 , KB 19984 which says it's a SW bug and the workaround is to press the power button twice. What I don't know is whether that's two quick clicks and it comes back? or if it's more like press and hold, press and hold or some other thing. If it's just two quick clicks, I can probably live with that and re-upgrade to OS 5. Does anyone know? Has anyone had any success with this.
    11-10-09 08:45 PM
    Mine is doing the same as well. Up graded to .328 plus Messenger and just started last two days. Found if I put it in my holster for the magnet to activate it a second time, it usually comes back with the screen. When blank it rings and works but can not see anything. Still need a fix for this.

Gary
    12-14-09 02:53 PM
    Are there still no answers to this issue? I have experimented with magnets and it will wake up if actuated a few times. Also, if I receive a call and then it will work etc. any reasons know for this and fixes? Thanks

Gary
    12-21-09 01:24 PM
    Is the new upgrade (.419) still having the same issue? (I had the same problem with 328)
    12-24-09 02:48 PM
    I asked the Verizon reps at the local store about this issue and got the usual "HUH?" look. Wanted to replace for $50. Will it come with same .328 OS and have the same problems? Are they going to correct and issue an update? Still having charging problem, typing and screen blanks and not waking up from sleep. Others having issue and found correction? Thanks

Gary
    01-01-10 09:22 PM
    Any fixes??????
    01-26-10 09:17 PM
    Same prob here. Need to fix it asap. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    04-02-10 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD