It's on task 2 of 11, backing up 3rd party apps downloading modules, and it's been stuck on 85 of 314 for over 40min. Does that seem normal? Will it ruin phone if i unplug at this point? any tips
    10-26-09 09:43 AM
    That doesn't seem normal. I upgraded mine this morning and the entire process only took about 40 minutes. I don't know about unplugging though, sorry!
    10-26-09 09:47 AM
    also hitting cancel seems to do nothing?? anybody got any ideas
    10-26-09 09:51 AM
    If you're just downloading modules, you *should* be OK to disconnect and start over. I have no way of knowing for sure though...

And no, that is not normal.
    10-26-09 10:24 AM
    Try it. Unplug it, you should be good. Mine took like 15 minutes to download all of the modules.
    10-26-09 11:22 AM
    Upgrade downloads are running very slow but are running at least for me!
    10-26-09 11:32 AM
    The same thing happened to me, And I waited over a hour stuck at #2,

I hope someone reads this, I am not able to post a question?

I was running 4.7 and went to update to 5.0, I saved all my contacts etc.. and went to upload, and about half way through my computer froze or it just stopped updating. I waited for over a hour and had to turn it off. I started it back up and it ran fine and the upload went fairly smooth. Now I do not have any contacts, e-mails, apps....anything. It is like a new storm from the store. I see the .ipd file in the left column of DM, but it is a light grey and will not let me move it over to the right side to upload. Hope this makes sense and hope someone knows how I can get my phone info back.

Thanks.
    10-26-09 11:38 AM
    I unplugged and everything is fine. I tried to install again, it got further but again got stuck for over 30min at certain point. I will just try later tonight
    10-26-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD