OK....I really enjoy the track pad on the 8520 BUT I know the hi scores on Pac-Man are from track ball users. This is a huge disadvantage for us 8520'ers. I feel as it is impossible to beat level 7...theriouthly.
    Last edited by doodie.woogie; 10-26-09 at 08:35 AM.
    10-26-09 08:30 AM
    I love the trackpad. never used a blackberry w/ a trackball but I used it on other phones. They're really unreliable a little dust and ur trackball is done. So far this trackpad seems like it'll stand the test of time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 01:26 PM
    Try using the Force doodie woogie. Imagine your R2 unit has taken a hit, like shooting womp rats.

Every confidence an 8520 master can defeat (trackball) all-comers.

The honour of this forum is at stake.

10-29-09 04:32 PM
    I upgraded from an 8320. The trackpad is a vast improvement over the trackball.

10-30-09 01:50 AM
    Update: I now don't use pad or ball! Have harnessed jedi mind tricks to attempt Pacman high score... ;-)

10-30-09 04:18 PM
    the whole reason i bought the 8520 was because of the trackpad...if i wanted the ball i would have just gotten the 8900 but the ball has issues.
    10-31-09 06:54 AM
    love the trackpad so much..
    11-01-09 11:31 PM
    Trackpad is superior.
    11-04-09 02:36 PM
    Trackpad just seems to work, but we need to wait a little more time so we can really see if some issues show or not... Anyway it definitely beats the trackball
    11-05-09 02:34 AM
    i wouldnt have done well with the ball. the trackpad is PERFECT for me and seems more user friendly! i have nothing against the ball but for me i would never have got a blackberry with a ball.
    11-05-09 05:54 PM
    everyone seems to love the track pad so did I untill i went to the beach and left my phone in the bag. When i took it out to check my messages i couldn't scroll and the trckpad got so hot that i couldn't keep my finger on it for more than couple of seconds. I called tmobile and they gave me a new one, 1 month later it still works. The moral of the story is that track pad has some issues just like the ball.
    11-06-09 11:16 AM
    everyone seems to love the track pad so did I untill i went to the beach and left my phone in the bag. When i took it out to check my messages i couldn't scroll and the trckpad got so hot that i couldn't keep my finger on it for more than couple of seconds. I called tmobile and they gave me a new one, 1 month later it still works. The moral of the story is that track pad has some issues just like the ball.
    more like something got stuck on it and held it down... OR sand or heat got into/to it.
    11-08-09 02:38 PM
    and? wat happened? just dat? i love the trackpad i used the trackball only once never liked it
    Last edited by smoothwis; 11-08-09 at 06:46 PM.
    11-08-09 06:43 PM
    I'm liking the trackpad better than the trackball. And, I know I won't be replacing the trackpad every couple of months because of dirt or the texture getting worn of the ball.

Only thing I liked better with the trackball was the fact that it lit up and gave a nice little light show when someone called, and that's about it.

I'm just having trouble deciding what sensitivity to use, 60 or 70? 60 is almost perfect, and 70 is a tad too fast.

What does everyone here use, and do you get used to the higher setting (if you use it)?
    Last edited by dargis49; 11-08-09 at 08:24 PM.
    11-08-09 08:21 PM
    You have Pacman??? where did you get this from?
    11-09-09 03:20 AM
    Trackpad! Trackpad! Trackpad! Trackpad! Trackpad! The futures bright. The futures Trackpad! Heheh!
    11-10-09 12:45 PM
    I love my 8900 with the trackball.I just like the feel of rolling the ball

11-10-09 01:05 PM
    I'm liking the trackpad better than the trackball. And, I know I won't be replacing the trackpad every couple of months because of dirt or the texture getting worn of the ball.

Only thing I liked better with the trackball was the fact that it lit up and gave a nice little light show when someone called, and that's about it.

I'm just having trouble deciding what sensitivity to use, 60 or 70? 60 is almost perfect, and 70 is a tad too fast.

What does everyone here use, and do you get used to the higher setting (if you use it)?
    i would assume the track ball would be close to 60 but me not familiar wit it the 70 is ok wit me
    11-10-09 01:37 PM
    I love the pad, I have it at 80 and thats feels good to me.

11-10-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD